GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.15)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 182 comments
This is a bit more detail regarding Sport Mode changes. It is a post from Polyphony on the PS Forum

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/GT-Sport/Regarding-penalty-judgements/m-p/25604944

For example:

"- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue."

THANK YOU

Good link, note one of the points on there:

''Collisions between players with DR A or higher apply a penalty to both players involved, but we will be adding a fault adjustment to this time penalty.''

So does this mean if there is the slightest nudge between two Dr A drivers then we both get penalties?! but Dr B would avoid all together?

Sounds like a complete crock of 🤬??

Arcade Mode: Custom Race.

Before the update I could choose to race any car class (except Gr.X) against a Gr.1 and it stayed that way when I was selecting different cars through the quick menu. Now it's not possible to play like this. The car class is now selected automatically to be the same as yours after switching to different cars.

I think nobody has mentioned it, but I'm watching Shirrako's stream right now, and the game seems to have much more motion blur than I remember on 3rd person view. Could someone confirm is it me or if they really added that?

I think nobody has mentioned it, but I'm watching Shirrako's stream right now, and the game seems to have much more motion blur than I remember on 3rd person view. Could someone confirm is it me or if they really added that?
Isn't it a 30fps feed?

Motion blur is only enabled when using frame rate mode on Pro.

Thats on a 1080 screen right because you cant change mode as far is a know?
Only way is to force 1080p output in PS4 settings if you are connected to a 4K screen. If the Pro is connected to a 1080p screen, you can change between the modes freely.

Only way is to force 1080p output in PS4 settings if you are connected to a 4K screen. If the Pro is connected to a 1080p screen, you can change between the modes freely.

I thought the new 5.50 System update on PS4 allowed you to have control over the modes?

Jumping into this midway so I apologize if this isn’t totally relevant, but I just got a PS4 Pro and still have a 1080p TV. I found that with the new system-level supersampling mode enabled, the display settings in GT Sport got stuck on framerate mode, with no option to change it.

New GT League Events

FR Challenge:
Blue Moon Bay Infield A II (4 Laps)
Tokyo Expressway East Inner Loop (2 Laps)

Roaster Cup
Tsukuba Circuit (8 Laps)
Blue Moon Bay Infield A (6 Laps)

MR Challenge
Kyoto Yamigawa (6 Laps)
Suzuka Circuit (6 Laps)

Gr.3 Endurance Series
Mount Panorama (25 Laps)

Its been officially announced in the official patch notes so its not a undocumented change.

Arcade Mode: Custom Race.

Before the update I could choose to race any car class (except Gr.X) against a Gr.1 and it stayed that way when I was selecting different cars through the quick menu. Now it's not possible to play like this. The car class is now selected automatically to be the same as yours after switching to different cars.

This was actually added in the same update that fixed the pit lane glitch (which often involved doing exactly that).

Yeah, finally a new scape and new museums. Im so happy that i don't care about the red rotary knob on my g29 which still does not work while steering.... :banghead:

Seems to work just fine for me. Also, not a complaint thread.

What are you guys on about with darker black? Black is black. Is there a special place for the darkest dark?

Basically for a while since release, there was never a true black to use and the darkest you got was a dark grey. Now after it was added to the paint portion, true black has now been added to decals.

Its been officially announced in the official patch notes so its not a undocumented change.

This was actually added in the same update that fixed the pit lane glitch (which often involved doing exactly that).

Seems to work just fine for me. Also, not a complaint thread.

Basically for a while since release, there was never a true black to use and the darkest you got was a dark grey. Now after it was added to the paint portion, true black has now been added to decals.
So you just mean that selecting black now is darker than it was before? I never noticed it not being that dark, but maybe in certain lights it obviously is more lit so won't look truely black.

So you just mean that selecting black now is darker than it was before? I never noticed it not being that dark, but maybe in certain lights it obviously is more lit so won't look truely black.

Yes...

Frustratingly, the darker black for the car body wasn't available for the decals, so black decals on a black car looked very dark brown in comparison. Seems the darker black is now available for both decals and body.

The shadows on the tires of the F1500T have been fixed

04r8p4k.jpg

05e2oad.jpg

Last edited:
Back