GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.25/1.26)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 175 comments
Just did a couple of Race B's this morning, and when getting hit from behind or the side, I noticed the orange SR appear on the screen, but no penalty time added. At the end of the race I had a Blue SR rating. I'm guessing that because no time was added, is the system now showing that the 'rammer' got an SR reduction?

Yea. I get it for the made up tracks because they can do anything but that would have been weird

There's a rally event that goes backwards around the nordschleife, and I think Sugo has reverse layout races. But that's neither here nor there.

It seems that Polyphony has started implementing raytracing rendering. A glimpse for GT in PS5.

If this is a screenshot from on the PS4 it'll likely be reflection mapping hence the low resolution seen in the reflection. Raytracing takes a hell of a lot of power, there's a reason we haven't been able to do it in real time in games until the RTX series!

Did anyone notice this when online. When a driver get a penalty we now know by how much time he/she needs to lose.

Yes, now if I'm behind someone with a penalty while I also have a penalty, I can decide if it's worth to slow down to serve my penalty or carry it to the finish line.

It also works as a warning, I can predict if the driver in front of me will slam on the brakes near the finish line to serve their penalty or not.

Edit: It only seems to be fixed in time trial mode. The bug is still present in single race and GT league.

rip

First time that I see the rear view mirror working as expected?

i16NStQU2CJpuz.jpg
To me it always worked. Worked means they just put rear view view (lol) on the mirrors.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 787B's rev limit is now higher, 10000rpm.

Between the fixed idle and now this, I now will find myself spending even more time in this car then I already was 👍

Flag warning display has been moved :

What exactly are you talking about? Not seeing it.

You mean the number plate number !

Is that response really necessary? I made a slight error, no need to go nuclear on me.

Might be a bug and seems to apply only to Mini Cooper as far as i tested.

Changing a downloaded livery will just put the sticker over your existing base color. ie I downloaded two of the red Montecarlo liveries for the mini, and both ended up being green (my original colour) with the stripes and stickers.

Might be a bug and seems to apply only to Mini Cooper as far as i tested.

Changing a downloaded livery will just put the sticker over your existing base color. ie I downloaded two of the red Montecarlo liveries for the mini, and both ended up being green (my original colour) with the stripes and stickers.
Maybe the creator made the livery with his or her red Cooper, and didn't use paint function.

Open your library and choose the downloaded livery, then select "preview".
See the description on the bottom left.

The Bottas steering wheel in the Mercedes-AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ has been replaced with the correct Hamilton wheel. This could be the third time a developer has fixed graphical errors that I flagged. #Hawkeye

PS_Messages_20180830_090947.jpg

Am I crazy or does the F1 car have visible tire wear. Was this always a thing? My tires at the end of the FIA race were marbled.
That was there before. I never noticed it but a PSN friend posted a photo of some very worn tyres.

Last edited:
Am I crazy or does the F1 car have visible tire wear. Was this always a thing? My tires at the end of the FIA race were marbled.

All cars have visible tire wear, someone found this out a few months ago. It's just not readily apparent since most car's wheels are covered by the bodywork. You can check by doing a custom race with tire wear and examining the car in photomode.

Back