GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.39)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 78 comments
I drive TS050 fairly regularly. The car became more efficient in terms of charge usage before the 1.39 update. I remember always finishing on 0% as you mentioned and after one of the updates i finished the same races with around 20-30%.

They might've made the car even more efficient tho, gonna need to test it out
Great news but efficiency shouldn't of been a problem to begin with . Ugh if only PD gave us the ability to use the energy at our own will...

Great news but efficiency shouldn't of been a problem to begin with . Ugh if only PD gave us the ability to use the energy at our own will...

I may've confused you with my phrasing: by efficiency i meant how fast the battery drains out when it's being deployed. The car used a lot of charge before, but after one of the previous updates it used less energy while deploying the same boost. It definitely became more efficient in that regard

Dunno if 1.39 changed anything tho

I may've confused you with my phrasing: by efficiency i meant how fast the battery drains out when it's being deployed. The car used a lot of charge before, but after one of the previous updates it used less energy while deploying the same boost. It definitely became more efficient in that regard

Yes i understood im talking about the battary too.

@Scuderia Paul I'm gonna need you to verify this to make sure I'm not lying.

The Toyota TS050 holds its charge much better now.

I can finish laps with 50% charge now. Before it was always 0%.

I may've confused you with my phrasing: by efficiency I meant how fast the battery drains out when it's being deployed. The car used a lot of charge before, but after one of the previous updates it used less energy while deploying the same boost. It definitely became more efficient in that regard.

Dunno if 1.39 changed anything though..
This evening I did the Professional Circuit de la Sarthe race to test this out. I think the ERS efficiency is unchanged from v1.38 when there was definitely an improvement to how much energy was used although I'm not absolutely certain. From glossing over this thread during work I thought there was yet another improvement.

I will do another stint at la Sarthe tonight for eh... science. Oh how I wish we had a night time option in GTS.

Last edited:

I drove TS050 in 1.38 and I remember that it used much energy than now.

I've also tested Audi R18 in 1.39, but I felt it's almost unchanged.
I'm not sure what the truth is, though...

I can attest that the 05' Mini Cooper doesn't do that gross absurd wheel vibration while turning and applying throttle. Thank god because that car was annoying to drive before yesterday.
On t300rs.

I drove TS050 in 1.38 and I remember that it used much energy than now.

I've also tested Audi R18 in 1.39, but I felt it's almost unchanged.
I'm not sure what the truth is, though...

If anything, you can trust @Scuderia Paul 's opinion on this matter: he drives this car daily. Hell, it has the pic of the car as his avatar for crying out loud. He probably did over 15k kilometers on it :lol:

If anything, you can trust @Scuderia Paul 's opinion on this matter: he drives this car daily. Hell, it has the pic of the car as his avatar for crying out loud. He probably did over 15k kilometers on it :lol:

He he, I think he's a TS050 meister.
:lol:
I've just passed 13,000km. Since Christmas 2017 there have been maybe 10 days where I have not driven my beloved TS050-Hybrid.

I'm waiting for the 2018 version to arrive now.

Thank god i hated that bug.
Still Crashes, Has to do with Storage space for replays, When the replay size is bigger as the amount of space left it will still save the replay but it will be incomplete, those are the replays that cause game to crash when fast Forwarding.

You cant toggle KERS in real life Le Mans.
As far as i know you can @Scuderia Paul may correct me if im wrong but in any case if you really can't why does every other sim exept GTS allows it? :confused:

Still Crashes, Has to do with Storage space for replays, When the replay size is bigger as the amount of space left it will still save the replay but it will be incomplete, those are the replays that cause game to crash when fast Forwarding.
At least that explains it.

The hybrid systems in LMP1 are automatically deployed. There is no manual control.
Hmmm strange i swear i heard the commentator a faw years ago at Silverstone saying its manual but yet again i make the question is every other sim wrong for allowing manual control?

Hmmm strange i swear i heard the commentator a faw years ago at Silverstone saying its manual but yet again i make the question is every other sim wrong for allowing manual control?
If it's not how the actual system is engaged, then yes, it would be wrong for a sim to do that.

If it's not how the actual system is engaged, then yes, it would be wrong for a sim to do that.
I did some research but coulden't find anything related but i find it quite unbeliaveble that sims such as iRacing , Assetto corsa etc got that hole mechanic wrong but Gran Turismo got it right and given thay @Scuderia Paul liked my previous comment ill say im correct in this case.

Regular ERS deployment is as some said, done automatically. It is GPS based. However, there have been many times in WEC where drivers have used an extra boost to overtake. If this was outlawed through new regulations then I missed it.

I would imagine that drivers can override the deployment but only if they really must, since being limited to a certain energy usage per lap, they will lose that elsewhere. Also, teams will have set the system to deliver best possible lap times.

So to sum up... I'm not totally sure.

Regular ERS deployment is as some said, done automatically. It is GPS based. However, there have been many times in WEC where drivers have used an extra boost to overtake. If this was outlawed through new regulations then I missed it.

I would imagine that drivers can override the deployment but only if they really must, since being limited to a certain energy usage per lap, they will lose that elsewhere. Also, teams will have set the system to deliver best possible lap times.

So to sum up... I'm not totally sure.
Fair enough

Back