GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.39)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 78 comments
Can confirm the hybrid LMPs now holds more charge. I tested the 919, R18 and TS050 and they all managed to keep battery >50% after one lap of Maggiore GP. Previously 919 and R18 will be flat, and TS050 will be at around 10%. It seems they only deploy from 100-250 km/h now, and only when the wheel is <45 degree of steering. Similar to the race mode deployment profile in AC. I think before they were always in overtake mode or something :lol:

Also, not sure if this has been in previous update, but when you hit 1000 livery limit the game shows a notification and stops you adding more. Before this, the "add to collection" button still registers but the new liveries just don't show up in your library once you've hit 1000.

Haven't noticed on those cars but I've seen it on the Mustang as well as the Alfa TZ2.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but at least all the Mustangs doesn't have the problem what I mentioned.
It might be different from what you were talking about, though.

I thought there are bunch of people saying the AI is much faster in new courses and the same in older ones. So where are you getting this from?
Is this a trick question or are you just assuming I don't own a copy of the game?

From my own experience, without the aid of rubber-banding, there are slower across the whole board and now increasingly have the following characteristics:

• Have very little awareness to play car's positions unless it is stopped on racing line.
  • Randomly appear to 'panic brake' in the middle of turns which are flatout for even the most basically skilled players (e.g.: Virage du Pont at Le Mans).
  • Take some corners at embarrassingly slow apex speeds, sometimes as low as 60 in Gr.1 cars.
This is not something that changes from track to track, it is across the board with all tracks. They are not in any way shape or form faster with this update.

Is this a trick question or are you just assuming I don't own a copy of the game?

From my own experience, without the aid of rubber-banding, there are slower across the whole board and now increasingly have the following characteristics:

• Have very little awareness to play car's positions unless it is stopped on racing line.
  • Randomly appear to 'panic brake' in the middle of turns which are flatout for even the most basically skilled players (e.g.: Virage du Pont at Le Mans).
  • Take some corners at embarrassingly slow apex speeds, sometimes as low as 60 in Gr.1 cars.
This is not something that changes from track to track, it is across the board with all tracks. They are not in any way shape or form faster with this update.

I noticed they tend to understeer a lot and miss apexes often. Maybe they don't like the new physics either. :lol:

Custom Race or GT League?

My experience from my videos(in this thread) of Custom Races, show AI much Improved on newer courses. GT League is different, in my experience, the AI are scripted and older tracks from the debut of the game have the same AI programming. Bathurst is always the track I check first. Gr.3 and slower, the AI crawl from The Cutting through Sulman Park.

My experience from my videos(in this thread) of Custom Races, show AI much Improved on newer courses. GT League is different, in my experience, the AI are scripted and older tracks from the debut of the game have the same AI programming. Bathurst is always the track I check first. Gr.3 and slower, the AI crawl from The Cutting through Sulman Park.
This is the problem with the League in this game. It's mostly scripted. The newest entries into the League from updates have the most variety of rival cars and the better AI from races before. You still can't even race against a C2 Corvette if I'm not mistaken. Mini Cooper will never show up in FF races, Real Circuit Tours in Amateur will always have the same cars. I wish it were all more random and I don't see why the AI who's always poised to win is the same couple of top tier cars. Why can't other different cars utilize better drivers and/or tunes and be at the top giving us something different to experience?

I know Sport is just a catalyst to get to online races or until they get enough material together to make something proper (if that will even ever happen again).

I never said/assume or even hinted that you do not own a copy of the game. I merely pointed out that you are the only one claiming that AI has gotten worse in this update while others claim it had gotten much faster and better.

Well this post seems to show none of what you have mentioned below: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/posts/12753575/

You can mention these things but you are not being specific what game mode you are playing. Arcade? Carreer/GT mode?

And also if you can show them with video's would also be nice.

Again I am not calling you a liar I am merely pointing or criticizing your claim on "AI has gotten stupider" and judging by your claims it seems they have gotten slower too.

As is tradition with these updates, the AI has gotten EVEN MORE stupider.

Reminder: Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update or any complaints about what wasn't fixed in the Update.

Now you may post.

I noticed at Goodwood that the AI always wants the line you are on when you try to pass them. No matter where they are and which side you move to pass on and regardless of the line that should be taken to set up for the next turn the AI will start drifting to your line when you start gaining on them. They also seem to prefer to dive bomb you at the entrance to the chicane at Goodwood, but it just could have been the car I was driving,........ . wait, the guilty divebomber was a mini, it has nothing to do with my entry speed in light of that fact. :lol:

Also, not sure if this has been in previous update, but when you hit 1000 livery limit the game shows a notification and stops you adding more. Before this, the "add to collection" button still registers but the new liveries just don't show up in your library once you've hit 1000.
This was added a couple updates before this one 👍

I just realized the rpm indicator on the CSL Elite wheel no longer shows the rpm changes. It only turns to blue at the "redline" of each gear.

Keith.

Back