GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.40)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 103 comments
Can someone confirm backfires are gone again? I say this because I did a race with the Tomahawk Racing and I saw backfires in a replay but can't replicate it in actual gameplay.

*Noted I was playing 2 player split screen though. *

Lexus has definitely changed in terms of braking. I’ve been using it all week on daily race B and now I can brake much later. If I brake at the same markers I was using before the update the car comes up short on the corners. Don’t know if it’s the car braking has been adjusted or if it’s the physics that has made it more grippy

Last edited:
Was I unknowingly in danger?! Haha, I love racing the Miata. Oh God made me want to run a series with the car again. So-fudging-fun.

Hahaha, I love racing the Miata too! (Clearly) The Miata at Tsukuba has always been an aggressive race, at least every one that I participated in, so I figured you were a gangsta for choosing that as your SR repair method. :dopey:

Well done sir, you have solid attachments.

Hahaha, I love racing the Miata too! (Clearly) The Miata at Tsukuba has always been an aggressive race, at least every one that I participated in, so I figured you were a gangsta for choosing that as your SR repair method. :dopey:

Well done sir, you have solid attachments.
Had a few races with Turismo_kid a couple days ago with a 2nd place and two wins. Some good racing with minor contact. Can't way what went on behind us though. :lol: I'm a few races from crossing 50k I think...

Can you compare?
unit-one had already done it.
Before
x4M9Q1DCc3o.jpg

After
UpeY8g8F35s.jpg

Before
FDalpyuKLfM.jpg

After
ZFVxgwOdqXg.jpg

Water now gets collected by the wipers and reacts to wind, g-forces and collisions.
gEvbleAM5gk.jpg

You can also see droplets on the bumper cam as if it was a windshield :\
cmC9HvfxH9I.jpg

Last edited:
The transmission whine seems to be audible when spectating an online player or watching in a replay, if the car of course has the customizable gearbox.

I actually am not 100% sure if this is part of the 1.40 update, but its the first time I've noticed it so I think it was worth mentioning.

I've been tuning this car a long time. Each time I've started a new game(up to 20 times at the moment), I bought one. Since when has this been an option?

D-Lu29KVUAEFIq7.jpg

If it had the blue glow since launch, weird I had not picked up on it.
big FD fan so i've driven it a fair amount and drift tuned it... Do not recall downforce options ever being there. Does Spirit R FD come with adjustable rear wing IRL perhaps?

EDIT: Google confirms the Spirit R came with adjustable rear wing as standard.

big FD fan so i've driven it a fair amount and drift tuned it... Do not recall downforce options ever being there. Does Spirit R FD come with adjustable rear wing IRL perhaps?

That's c

That's what I'm saying! :cheers: It's cool to know, but it doesn't help my memory about that option in game. I'm getting old. :lol: All good.

Off-track penalties appear to impact SR now, had a clean race in Daily Race C, but had accidental shortcut penalties at Tetre Rouge of 4 out of 5 laps, SR didn't go up despite getting the clean race bonus.

Seems like Polyphony has learned from Driveclub and is taking their sweet time to make sure the rain is perfect.

I think I remember Kaz saying in an interview before GT Sport launched that he wasn't going to put it in the game unless it was perfect. Tried to dig up the interview but Google just returned page-upon-page of unrelated nonsense.

Last edited:
Off-track penalties appear to impact SR now, had a clean race in Daily Race C, but had accidental shortcut penalties at Tetre Rouge of 4 out of 5 laps, SR didn't go up despite getting the clean race bonus.

I think I remember Kaz saying in an interview before GT Sport launched that he wasn't going to put it in the game unless it was perfect. Tried to dig up the interview but Google just returned page-upon-page of unrelated nonsense.

Yeah. Driveclub did something similar. They didn't add it in the beginning because they were busy tracking every and rendering every raindrop so they behaved accurately. Still some of the best rain physics in gaming. And it looks like GTS might also be trying to do something similar. I mean, Driveclub and it's engine is owned by Sony. So, PD could literally be learning from Driveclub.

And it looks like GTS might also be trying to do something similar. I mean, Driveclub and it's engine is owned by Sony. So, PD could literally be learning from Driveclub.
It is not Gran Turismo trying to replicate or copy Driveclub. physically based rain drops were a thing already since Gran Turismo 5. The problem was that it was so pixelated it is almost impossible to see when your driving, so they have made it more subtle in GT6.
Driveclub has one of the most amazing physically based rain effects but I cannot help feel that they are not affected by speed as they do not leave lines on the cars windshield (ala GT5).

Before this turns into a discussion thread let me take you into a more appropiate thread.

Last edited:
Yeah. Driveclub did something similar. They didn't add it in the beginning because they were busy tracking every and rendering every raindrop so they behaved accurately. Still some of the best rain physics in gaming. And it looks like GTS might also be trying to do something similar. I mean, Driveclub and it's engine is owned by Sony. So, PD could literally be learning from Driveclub.

Yes and no, may be useless to Polyphony due to the different engines in use on either side.

Back