GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.40)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 103 comments
It seems like they "improved" the rubberbanding.

When you have a car with higher power and tuning than the AI, there is one or two that always stick to you. I was doing the Roadster Cup at Tokyo Expressway and after spinning him twice, the second place car was only 2 seconds behind after the race...

It seems like they "improved" the rubberbanding.

When you have a car with higher power and tuning than the AI, there is one or two that always stick to you. I was doing the Roadster Cup at Tokyo Expressway and after spinning him twice, the second place car was only 2 seconds behind after the race...

It isn't improved. AI always was anomally fast in some of the GT League events, including both Mazda Roadster cups. No matter how fast i drove or how much power i added to my MX-5, there always was that one guy that would always pull up, especially on straights

Just finished a daily race and instead of the music going away it carried on while it was waiting for other drivers to finish. Not sure if it's a glitch or maybe a undocumented change. I will try again and report back.

I’ve been grinding the Nostalgia Le Sarthe Race for cash for a couple of months now using the Ferrari P4 with a couple of different tunes. Since the 1.40 update this has severely affected the tuning of the car so much that right at the start of the race before the countdown finishes it just spears off in to the gravel trap after turning past the last part of the chicane! I’ve had to redo the tuning to prevent this by softening the suspension settings.

I don’t know what they did but it definitely affected the game badly.

Why don’t they just bring Balance of Tuning (BoT)?

My guess would be to keep tuning competitive? Like if all cars have similar enough power, weight, and thus power-to-weight ratios, the tuning of each individual car then becomes the deciding factor in overall performance (aside from driver skill, of course). And by only allowing differences in handling between cars, it allows the racing to still be "balanced enough" (subject for debate I guess, don't @ me) while cornering etc. remains competitive.

I'm no expert, just my $0.02.

Something I noticed on a few occasions since the update = 'reflex' paints tends to glitch out and change to their 'highlight' hues when cars enter their LOD state in the distance.

I'm not sure whether it's in 1.39 or 1.40, but FT-1 VGT is no longer in wheel compatible list in the Mileage Exchange.

You can't change the wheels of it from the beginning, but it had been in that list for unknown reasons.

I'm not sure whether it's in 1.39 or 1.40, but FT-1 VGT is no longer in wheel compatible list in the Mileage Exchange.

You can't change the wheels of it from the beginning, but it had been in that list for unknown reasons.

upload_2019-7-2_14-32-7.png

Maybe because of this?

You can find this here.

EDIT: oh snap, I thought it was the "normal" one, not the VGT

At least in the gift car screen, it no longer happenes that the top of NA Roadster was closed during the day's gift is still unclear, but when the nameplate appears, the top suddenly disappeared.
Now it's open from the beginning.

Until 1.39
5B006AB0-E913-40EA-B5D2-54C2324958C5.png

10372CB9-F6CA-46D8-BAC7-EC42BC913EEE.png

3C095469-5900-4653-BADF-412C1FF6CF77.jpeg

By the way, in the auto demo screen, the top appeared when it's far from the camera but disappeared if it's close enough.
How is it now?

At least in the gift car screen, it no longer happenes that the top of NA Roadster was closed during the day's gift is still unclear, but when the nameplate appears, the top suddenly disappeared.
Now it's open from the beginning.

Until 1.39
View attachment 834388
View attachment 834389

View attachment 834390

By the way, in the auto demo screen, the top appeared when it's far from the camera but disappeared if it's close enough.
How is it now?

Open top = full lod model
Closed top = lower lod models

It isn't improved. AI always was anomally fast in some of the GT League events, including both Mazda Roadster cups. No matter how fast i drove or how much power i added to my MX-5, there always was that one guy that would always pull up, especially on straights

It's boost mode. It's PDs useless way of trying to make the racing closer.

It's boost mode. It's PDs useless way of trying to make the racing closer.

The best way to enjoy GT League is to ensure you won’t take 1st till the last couple minutes. I pretty much have the hang of it by now. For beginner & amateur league, that means having a totally stock car on the low end of the N class allotment. For professional league I’ll do softest tire compound allowed and middle-ground car. BoP stats for race cars. Endurance league is all about 1-stop pit strategy.

As you guys point out - if you take 1st place early on, the rubber-banding AI will just be a nuisance and TBH the races aren’t even fun that way.

There is no right choice with Gr.X. Gr.X is one of the worst ideas implemented in racing game history. If you can't come up with sub-categories and then allow those sub-categories to be chosen to race against one another, then it's just half assed horrible decision making.
This is just one of many major reasons this game is a head scratcher.

There is no right choice with Gr.X. Gr.X is one of the worst ideas implemented in racing game history. If you can't come up with sub-categories and then allow those sub-categories to be chosen to race against one another, then it's just half assed horrible decision making.
This is just one of many major reasons this game is a head scratcher.
100% agree but thats another matter.

It might have something to do with the S-FR, at least the road version, having actual published specifications while the FT-1 never had even an engine type confirmed.

I'm not too sure if concept cars based on extant production models should return to the next installment, unless they seriously deviate from the production version, or were VGTs. For example, both versions of the FT-86, as well as the FT-1, are cars that I'm not sure would be worth bringing back, now that we have the 86 GT and GR Supra respectively. That said I'd keep the FT-1 VGT, but perhaps nix the FT-1 VGT Gr.3 racecar in lieu of the GR Supra Racing Concept. Similarly, even if the Bugatti Chiron comes to the series, I still think both the normal and Gr.1 version of the VGT should stay around.

I think this would clear the car list up, even if only a little. Stuff like the 2001 and 2005 concepts for the Nissan GT-R R35, the two concepts of the Mazda RX-8, the Nissan Z Concept, or the 2002 Ford GT concept all seem redundant. Instead, I think concept cars in the series should demonstrate relatively unusual designs and/or technology, which to be fair, would apply to these concepts, as when some of them appeared in GT games, they were indeed cutting-edge and did not have production-spec vehicles at the time, such as with the Nissan Z Concept, as well as the Toyota FT-86 and FT-1.

But otherwise, I'd keep concept cars like the Mazda RX500, the Suzuki GSX R/4, the Honda 2&4, or the FT-86 G Sports, and not so much cars like the R35 concepts, the BMW Concept 1-Series, the Suzuki Concept-S2, or that Infiniti G37 concept seen in the PS3-era games.

Last edited:
I'm not too sure if concept cars based on extant production models should return to the next installment, unless they seriously deviate from the production version, or were VGTs. For example, both versions of the FT-86, as well as the FT-1, are cars that I'm not sure would be worth bringing back, now that we have the 86 GT and GR Supra respectively. That said I'd keep the FT-1 VGT, but perhaps nix the FT-1 VGT Gr.3 racecar in lieu of the GR Supra Racing Concept. Similarly, even if the Bugatti Chiron comes to the series, I still think both the normal and Gr.1 version of the VGT should stay around.

I think this would clear the car list up, even if only a little. Stuff like the 2001 and 2005 concepts for the Nissan GT-R R35, the two concepts of the Mazda RX-8, the Nissan Z Concept, or the 2002 Ford GT concept all seem redundant. Instead, I think concept cars in the series should demonstrate relatively unusual designs and/or technology, which to be fair, would apply to these concepts, as when some of them appeared in GT games, they were indeed cutting-edge and did not have production-spec vehicles at the time, such as with the Nissan Z Concept, as well as the Toyota FT-86 and FT-1.
To be fair the FT-1 is quite a bit different than the supra.

To be fair the FT-1 is quite a bit different than the supra.
Perhaps. But do you really think it's worth keeping? Does it deviate that much mechanically or stylistically? If they could put it into N500 that'd be great - either in this game or the next. It's strange that if it's in Gr.X due to an unclassified engine, how come it still how a power figure? Why not just go off of that regarding the categorization? I'm sure that if any essential stats were truly missing, PD could just call up Calty and ask them to provide some metrics.

Back