GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.47/1.48)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 96 comments
I haven't been able to try the game since I left home when the update was "installing" (was in a hurry, and you know that takes forever), what is the default button for the wipers? Is it on by default, or must you assign it?
it is not there by default! it must be selected from the list!

7D9B663D-64DE-4179-B075-A0DECD4172DD.jpeg
A1B3E58A-D60E-437F-A240-B857656287EF.jpeg
Just payed attention that when I use my Nissan R-34 the raindrops on the windscreen in cockpit cam have been downgraded in comparison to other cars!!!

Last edited:
I can live with that as a headcanon sort of explanation.
Yeah it came straight off the cuff :lol:. I will say this though, I would never find any of these changes without you guys :dopey:. You're attention to detail blows my mind. I must've inspected those darn taillights for at LEAST 5 minutes :grumpy: :confused: :lol:.

Well I sure am glad they fixed that important issue. ;)

Can you resume from the pause menu by pressing X without the gear changing up yet?

In all the years of playing GT and enjoying the games while still puzzling about their logic, nothing has quite summed up the PD approach quite so well as this!

GT is not logical, it's an expression of the love of cars and racing and always feels more like a personal concept than something developed using a group or modern product planning mindset. Like with individual people, I've learned to take the good with the bad and accept that there are seemingly some things that they are oblivious to...even when being told it's a problem. It's still frustrating, in both cases.

In all the years of playing GT and enjoying the games while still puzzling about their logic, nothing has quite summed up the PD approach quite so well as this!

GT is not logical, it's an expression of the love of cars and racing and always feels more like a personal concept than something developed using a group or modern product planning mindset. Like with individual people, I've learned to take the good with the bad and accept that there are seemingly some things that they are oblivious to...even when being told it's a problem. It's still frustrating, in both cases.
I have never read a more true statement on these forums. Thanks for putting it in those words.

I have never read a more true statement on these forums. Thanks for putting it in those words.

You're welcome, and after a long day that included impaling my left palm rather deeply with a sharp screwdriver, thanks for saying that.

Moglet's little joke somehow crystallized what I've been trying to tell people here (in less friendly terms) for some time. Modern consumers seem very frustrated by the Kaz approach, and by the time GTS arrived other developers had created the expectation that the (vocal) consumer could bend the product to their desires by 'interacting' with the maker. I experience a bit of sadistic joy watching PD subvert that process.

You're welcome, and after a long day that included impaling my left palm rather deeply with a sharp screwdriver, thanks for saying that.

Moglet's little joke somehow crystallized what I've been trying to tell people here (in less friendly terms) for some time. Modern consumers seem very frustrated by the Kaz approach, and by the time GTS arrived other developers had created the expectation that the (vocal) consumer could bend the product to their desires by 'interacting' with the maker. I experience a bit of sadistic joy watching PD subvert that process.
Sorry to hear about your injury. Get well soon. I hope it still allows you to do some driving in GTS.

I don't know if you're a Single Player type of gamer or race in Leagues or Sport Mode but feel free to send me a FR on PSN. League racing is where it's at.:gtpflag:

Was the tire model messed with this update?

Racing around Spa felt very...odd tire wise. Group 2 cars understeering all over on RM's and racing in the rain on HW's felt like driving on ice.

Okay not sure if it’s been mentioned, but you can finally assign windshield wipers to a button and use them manually. I haven’t tried it on my G29 yet but I’ve done it on the DS4 Controller and it works. Finally! I’ve wanted that since the game launched. Now we make the rain look even heavier by not clearing it away. Thanks P.D. :cheers:

Not sure if this is an old change or not, but the flaps on the front and rear of the Huayra now adjust throughout cornering.

You can also look back in the interior view and see the back window instead of the game defaulting to the view outside of the car.

Again, not sure if that’s a new change or not

Was the tire model messed with this update?

Racing around Spa felt very...odd tire wise. Group 2 cars understeering all over on RM's and racing in the rain on HW's felt like driving on ice.
Try to brake earlier before entering corners and don't go on power too early to fix understeer, drive gently in rain.

Okay not sure if it’s been mentioned, but you can finally assign windshield wipers to a button and use them manually. I haven’t tried it on my G29 yet but I’ve done it on the DS4 Controller and it works. Finally! I’ve wanted that since the game launched. Now we make the rain look even heavier by not clearing it away. Thanks P.D. :cheers:

In your excitement, did you not read the post immediately above yours? :lol:

It's still a big improvement for DS4 users though.

Not sure if this is an old change or not, but the flaps on the front and rear of the Huayra now adjust throughout cornering.

You can also look back in the interior view and see the back window instead of the game defaulting to the view outside of the car.

Pretty sure that was referred to in an earlier "undocumented changes" thread, maybe 2/3 months ago?

@emula
Sorry for calling you again, but the door handles of S13 Silvia are now better tessellated.
I've checked the scapes photos in Discover mode, and I'm really sure this is changed via this update.

Waittttt REALLY?!??!!!?

Back