GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.59)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 42 comments
I think what he is trying to say is that iRacing is currently the game being played by famous people and streamers and is going up compared to Granturismo who keeps loosing players because of all the ingame issues.

If I was a famous company and had the choice I would throw my sponsor into iRacing.
F1 players will show it through racing that there's my logo on the side of the road and iRacing is known for it's quality.
I highly doubt that TAG Heuer ending its partnership has anything to do with any issues that GT Sport has. Let's not forget that iRacing isn't perfect either and has had criticism from professional drivers regarding its physics and tyre model (strong language warning for the clip below):

Some official championships using iRacing, such as the ARG eSport Cup races, even show connection and flickering issues live on stream. Imagine the backlash if this happened at World Tour events:

I highly doubt that TAG Heuer ending its partnership has anything to do with any issues that GT Sport has. Let's not forget that iRacing isn't perfect either and has had criticism from professional drivers regarding its physics and tyre model (strong language warning for the clip below):

Some official championships using iRacing, such as the ARG eSport Cup races, even show connection and flickering issues live on stream. Imagine the backlash if this happened at World Tour events:

Never said it had much to do with the wrong sides of the game. It's about popularity.
I suggest you to go at work and find about the marketing strategy of your company. If iRacing is more popular currently due to professionnal drivers being home and most playing it, viewers are gonna be more important than on GTS streams. It could easily change but as I said earlier, it's a trend

Yeah Heuer dont care about that... its clear the FIA doesnt give a crap either.

Heuer are in the business of selling crappy expensive watches. So they're thinking how many can we sell to a GT Sport audience... or how much exposure are we getting 2-3yrs down the track... or are we better off spending our adversting dollars with an iRacing crowd.

Never said it had much to do with the wrong sides of the game. It's about popularity.
I suggest you to go at work and find about the marketing strategy of your company. If iRacing is more popular currently due to professionnal drivers being home and most playing it, viewers are gonna be more important than on GTS streams. It could easily change but as I said earlier, it's a trend

Are you going to provide a source for that trend or not? Here's the GTSport weekly active players.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=weekly_sport_activity

I like how all the assumptions here are Heuer dumped GranTurismo and not the other way around. As far as we know, it could be either.

That would make sense if Heuer was then left out holding nothing, but they went to iRacing.

its PD who are left with a void.

but they went to iRacing

They didn't go to iRacing, they went to Porsche of which they are also a sponsor in real life. iRacing just happens to be the platform Porsche chose for the cup.

As far as we know could have been PD to dump them because they want exclusive sponsorship. We are just making assumptions, unless you guys link real sources of GranTurismo being a dead game.

Also, as someone already said, GranTurismo has plenty of sponsors already, so I'm not really sure why we are even making a big fuss out of this.

You're probably going to ask the management who made a masthead news article about it. Maybe we should just ignore everything you dont think is important because obviously you decide that stuff on this website.

Back