GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.59)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 42 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented

1. Cars
 - The following new car has been added.
  ・Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept 2020

2. Campaign Mode
 - The Following Races have been added to GT League:
  ・"Sunday Cup" Rounds 8 & 9
  ・"Clubman Cup" Rounds 8 & 9
  ・"Nostalgic 1979" Rounds 8 & 9
  ・"Gr.3 Endurance Series." Round 8
3. Decals
 - New to Decals in "My Library" are Mazda and Mitsubishi logos, as well as the 100th anniversary Mazda logo, which can be acquired when selecting a car from Mazda or Mitsubishi in the Livery Editor.

Other Improvements and Adjustments

- We fixed an issue where a penalty was wrongly assessed occasionally when exiting out of the pits during online races.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes

- All traces of Tag Heuer Partnership branding, including the "Brands Central", have been removed.

Last edited:
Reminder: Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update or any complaints about what wasn't fixed in the Update.

Now You May Post.

Sport mode entry. The cursor swirls around. No Tag Heuer countdown for me.
View attachment 922810
Because any of the Tag Heuer appearance and mentions has been scrubbed from the game entirely.

No longer appears in the race result. No longer besides the in game timer. Even the brand central for Tag Heuer has been removed.

Still no confirmation if the in track banner related is also removed.

Save to say that the Tag Heuer sponsorship has come to an end.

Last edited:
Also, if anyone has a screenshot of the old waiting clock, please post it here for preservation purposes.

Courtesy of the Gran Turismo website. But I decided to save and reupload the photo to GTP's media gallery in case if the article gets erased.

EDIT: I also have an album for said cause. Just in case if anyone has archived the Tag Heuer museum/other features, they can upload them here.

Courtesy of the Gran Turismo website. But I decided to save and reupload the photo to GTP's media gallery in case if the article gets erased.

EDIT: I also have an album for said cause. Just in case if anyone has archived the Tag Heuer museum/other features, they can upload them here.
That's seems coming from mock-up/prerelease version, I'm looking more from something from the Capture Gallery folder.

Because any of the Tag Heuer appearance and mentions has been scrubbed from the game entirely.

No longer appears in the race result. No longer besides the in game timer. Even the brand central for Tag Heuer has been removed.

Still no confirmation if the in track banner related is also removed.

Save to say that the Tag Heuer sponsorship has come to an end.
F

To be fair, when you look at who owns iRacing, and the sponsorship agents they have access to, don't be surprised if more sponsors/partners jump across away from Gran Turismo.

I don't know what this means....

Me neither. iRacing is very niche compared to GranTurismo and PD is fully owned by Sony, I'm pretty sure they have no problems getting sponsors.

I don't know what this means....

There are only four major sponsors/partners of GT Sport:
1) Toyota
2) Mazda
3) Michelin
4) The FIA

Not quite sure of what you're trying to imply here.
I think what he is trying to say is that iRacing is currently the game being played by famous people and streamers and is going up compared to Granturismo who keeps loosing players because of all the ingame issues.

If I was a famous company and had the choice I would throw my sponsor into iRacing.
F1 players will show it through racing that there's my logo on the side of the road and iRacing is known for it's quality.

I think what he is trying to say is that iRacing is currently the game being played by famous people and streamers and is going up compared to Granturismo who keeps loosing players because of all the ingame issues.

If I was a famous company and had the choice I would throw my sponsor into iRacing.
F1 players will show it through racing that there's my logo on the side of the road and iRacing is known for it's quality.

GTSport isn't losing players. Quite the opposite, numbers are up significantly. You could argue its because of Coronavirus lock downs but saying GranTurismo is losing players is provably false.

GTSport isn't losing players. Quite the opposite, numbers are up significantly. You could argue its because of Coronavirus lock downs but saying GranTurismo is losing players is provably false.
I think current stats :
+ GT -> iRacing
- iRacing -> GT

Sponsors are looking where to get money and what the trends are.
Current trend is iRacing so they will try all they can to go there.

I read an interesting article where they noted that games are adding advertising in game to subsidise dev costs. I didnt see Heuer as that for the last 2-3yrs but its clear now what it is.

Heuer paid PD to include their content, now they dont want to continue the partnership then why would PD continue to host them?

I'm not blaming either company... Heuer clearly decided their money was better used elsewhere.

Also GT Sport even has a banner ad for iRacing in-game...

upload_2020-5-22_10-27-23.jpeg

And this year alone there are already official races for Super Formula and Super GT scheduled to be run through GT Sport.

EDIT: oh yeah and a GT race tomorrow with Leclerc, Engel, and Perel hosted through GTS.

EDIT2: Oh and Red Bull hosting an official event through GT Sport with the likes of Pastrana, Rossi, Speed, and others.

Yes, it’s not at the level of IMSA official iRacing events, SRO ACC series, or LeMans through rFactor 2, but it’s far from a dead game...

Moving on from the baseless comments; hopefully there’s more undocumented changes found from the “Various other issues have been addressed.” bullet.
I’m also curious what track had a shortcut exploit on pit exit.

Last edited:
Moving on from the baseless comments; hopefully there’s more undocumented changes found from the “Various other issues have been addressed.” bullet.
I’m also curious what track had a shortcut exploit on pit exit.

I'm hoping this means pit exit blend lines are now enforced. But haven't seen it confirmed yet. The lack of any races that actually require you to pit doesn't help :lol:

Latest Posts

Back