GT Sport Uninstalled

• Thread starter Fredzy
  • 49 comments
United States
PA
FredzyN2
I never could have imagined I’d create such a lame thread, but so, so many people create threads for so much less. For the record:

After comfortably leading my fist Sport race as a DR C from lap 2 through 7, the game decided to penalize me for passing one of the backmarkers as he lay idle on the side of the track as a ghost. I couldn’t do anything to shake the penalty and P2 caught me. A lap later and I got rammed into the lucky new race leader as I attempted to overtake, 10 sec penalty, race trashed. I don’t know how I kept going to the finish.

If you find this game upsetting you more often than not, you should do the same and uninstall it. There are better ways to spend your time. This just isn’t worth it. I’m sorry PD, but for too long, the most frequent emotion you elicit from this lifelong fan is rage, followed not so closely by disappointment.

Penalty for overtaking ghosted back marker? nah.....

Do you have a replay saved of that?
No I didn’t save it. I was in the lead by 4-5 sec, wasn’t touching any curbs as I was being cautious per the yellow flag.

Can I uninstall Sport Mode Whining threads?
I’m truly sorry, really I am

Last edited by a moderator:
Penalty for overtaking ghosted back marker? nah.....

Do you have a replay saved of that?
I’m pretty sure I got 5sec penalties for passing ghosted crashed cars just as the yellow flag warning came on screen. It’s hapoened to me on a couple of occasions. (I should get into the habit of saving replays). On both those occasions I couldn’t see that I’d done anything to deserve penalties. I conclude that the system makes occasional mistakes. Majority of the time it gets it right though. I post this here because it sounds like a similar situation.

Stay off sport mode for a while. I stayed off for 1 month after a disastrous race where people were using me as brakes and moving wall. I came back to sport mode only today for 3 races. During the 1 month I was off sport mode I did liveries, made a few resistance races with some friends and had some fun on lobbies.

The penalty system can make a person rage quit sometimes. We're not supposed to be screwed by the game itself. The occasional dirty driver is more than enough.

Sorry OP, you never mentioned yellow flags were out when you passed him and copped the penalty.

I am curious though, I have passed a few cars now spun out under yellow and I can't say I backed off that much? how sensitive is the algorithm for this? Is it distance based or speed or both?

I've had races that have made me want to never play it again too. But I know it's just irrational rage. I just turn the ps4 off and go play something else. Come back to GT the next night having calmed down.
I get where you're coming from though, but wooosah.

This is a great way to do it. Online racing has really taught me to accept failure with grace and not let the single incidents get me down too much.

It's good mental exercise to put that one wheel wrong on the grass and ruin your race, or to lose a few positions right at the end of a race. You get good experience trying to accept the mistake, or the mistake of someone else out of your control, and move on.

Zen and the art of motor racing, folks.

I've had races that have made me want to never play it again too. But I know it's just irrational rage. I just turn the ps4 off and go play something else. Come back to GT the next night having calmed down.
I get where you're coming from though, but wooosah.

Off topics posts deleted.

Those of you who have a problem with the AUP and / or the staff can take it up with the admin team or site owner via PMs.

I have NEVER entered GTS's Sport mode. Never.

I'm 100% happy with GTS.

Lobby and single player stuff puts a huge smile on my face and I keep coming back for more.

Seems to me that Sport mode is to be avoided

I understand where the OP is coming from, hence my copy got binned as well a month ago.
I regret it though, as there's something (magic?) about GT that keeps me paying attention to news articles and the forum here.
I'm eagerly awaiting the article after the career update drops.

To all that are having issues with the penalty system, why don't all of you friend up and run solid races together and boycott sport mode until things are sorted?

I never could have imagined I’d create such a lame thread, but so, so many people create threads for so much less. For the record:

After comfortably leading my fist Sport race as a DR C from lap 2 through 7, the game decided to penalize me for passing one of the backmarkers as he lay idle on the side of the track as a ghost. I couldn’t do anything to shake the penalty and P2 caught me. A lap later and I got rammed into the lucky new race leader as I attempted to overtake, 10 sec penalty, race trashed. I don’t know how I kept going to the finish.

If you find this game upsetting you more often than not, you should do the same and uninstall it. There are better ways to spend your time. This just isn’t worth it. I’m sorry PD, but for too long, the most frequent emotion you elicit from this lifelong fan is rage, followed not so closely by disappointment.
You’ll get over it and will soon reinstall the game.

Also, I cannot imagine they’re not going to vastly improve both the penalty and SR systems.

Uninstalled? How about not just play it until your feeling better about yourself.
This is the best online racing out there. Good luck with the others. I’ve played them all.
You were probably good at drama class though

Why uninstall a game that gives actual real emotions based on something like this? It's not a game for quitters, it's the exact opposite and the only way to win is to keep on playing.

Isn't it better to simply stay away from the sport races? Especially if you already know that you want to try out the content of the next update? Seems like a lot of trouble to uninstall a game just to reinstall it again a week later.
I uninstalled GT Sport because it makes me miserable and Assetto Corsa does not. As long as GT is sitting there in the menu next to AC I'll keep going back to it for Sport mode. No more!

This wasn't a one-off, bad race rage-quit. I finished 4th! I've been thinking about this since 2010 (no, seriously) and should be thankful. Had I been boned by the game in any less cruel a manner, I might not have had the guts to finally cut the cord.

It seems like since GT5, every time I turn on a Playstation to play GT I know there's a good chance that I'll wish I hadn't. It has an uncanny ability to make me sad. I'll resent having to drive my actual car for a day after. Meanwhile, every time I start up AC I also get a notion of "I'm gonna regret this." Except it's because I'll be going to bed at 3AM, my wife will be pissed at me, my butt will be dragging at work the next day and I'll want to do it all again the next night. I'll be all looking at old Alfas on Craigslist, trying to talk my buddies into going karting. Why try to make both work?

Do you have a replay of the incident or are we just supposed to read your toxic, contentless post and shed a single tear while waving a white handkerchief as you leave the community?
No replay, thank you for your time and tear, and I will still be here (assuming no bans.) I am incapable of getting nasty with you because of your avatar.

Isn't there some rule of "use search function, do not create new thread if there's already one for it".. Epic whining thread was there from beginning of GTS..
Yes, this thread should have been binned. No offense to the mods. I do feel some shame for making it. It could be the first truly useless thread I've started on the internet in 15 years. Probably since I started playing Gran Turismo, come to think of it...

I uninstalled GT Sport because it makes me miserable and Assetto Corsa does not. As long as GT is sitting there in the menu next to AC I'll keep going back to it for Sport mode. No more!

This wasn't a one-off, bad race rage-quit. I finished 4th! I've been thinking about this since 2010 (no, seriously) and should be thankful. Had I been boned by the game in any less cruel a manner, I might not have had the guts to finally cut the cord.

It seems like since GT5, every time I turn on a Playstation to play GT I know there's a good chance that I'll wish I hadn't. It has an uncanny ability to make me sad. I'll resent having to drive my actual car for a day after. Meanwhile, every time I start up AC I also get a notion of "I'm gonna regret this." Except it's because I'll be going to bed at 3AM, my wife will be pissed at me, my butt will be dragging at work the next day and I'll want to do it all again the next night. I'll be all looking at old Alfas on Craigslist, trying to talk my buddies into going karting. Why try to make both work?

No replay, thank you for your time and tear, and I will still be here (assuming no bans.) I am incapable of getting nasty with you because of your avatar.

Yes, this thread should have been binned. No offense to the mods. I do feel some shame for making it. It could be the first truly useless thread I've started on the internet in 15 years. Probably since I started playing Gran Turismo, come to think of it...
Nothing to be ashamed of. The mods left it up as a separate thread so that tells you it conforms to the AUP. We all have different reasons for liking certain games and not others. No shame in sharing your thoughts on the matter.

Yup first turn at the start of Bathurst FIA manufacturer race tonight and a crash happens, 2 ghosted cars and I drove by with "no passing" lit up and got penalized +10 seconds.

Yup first turn at the start of Bathurst FIA manufacturer race tonight and a crash happens, 2 ghosted cars and I drove by with "no passing" lit up and got penalized +10 seconds.
Best you uninstall then.
Or even better, create a new thread on that particular incident.
I think this board needs more of those threads.

All jokes aside, (and l probably shouldn't be taking the pee), I'm with Johnnypenso here, nothing wrong with voicing your displeasure.
Without it PD have nothing to learn from the games shortcomings.

Sounds like it's Assetto Corsa you should uninstall. If you want to keep your marriage and your job :P

Happened to me twice, getting penalties for "overtaking" crashed, ghosted cars. Dozens of other times the system worked fine.
I terms of penalties I guess the failure rate is pretty low compared with other situations.

To avoid frustrations, keep away of the FIA races or the long races on sport mode.
The Gr. 4 races in lower tiers can be frustrating to, with the trolleys going the Megane way, bumping everybody.

Last edited:
You seriously doubt that? It happened to more about dozen times already....

Yeah, I've had this too. If someone goes off ahead, it sometimes seems to give you the penalty for overtaking under yellows even when the person you pass is ghosted on the grass. First happened to me on the curves at the start of Suzuka; people run wide onto the grass, you pass them on the inside, then have a 5 second penalty to shake off.

Back