GT Sport Uninstalled

• Thread starter Fredzy
  • 49 comments
LOL, sorry OP, I was like you before, one day I was in SR:S, but dropped significantly to C because I often getting stupid 10 seconds penalties judged by the game (1.05 or 1.06 I forgot).

But gaining back to S is simple. Take a drink, breathe and relax. My SR eventually back to S.

I found just stick it out, raise your ratings, it gets better, I'm loving it. I think you expect too much.
I'd say I've been in good company for a majority of my time in Sport mode. I honestly only had one or two races that were 'bad' on account of other people being lame, and that stuff really doesn't bother me. That's racing and I enjoy it for better or worse.

I'd say I've been in good company for a majority of my time in Sport mode. I honestly only had one or two races that were 'bad' on account of other people being lame, and that stuff really doesn't bother me. That's racing and I enjoy it for better or worse.
I'm bothered by it. But the good truly fun experiences outweigh the bad.

This is a great way to do it. Online racing has really taught me to accept failure with grace and not let the single incidents get me down too much.

It's good mental exercise to put that one wheel wrong on the grass and ruin your race, or to lose a few positions right at the end of a race. You get good experience trying to accept the mistake, or the mistake of someone else out of your control, and move on.

Zen and the art of motor racing, folks.

Yeah this post nails it for me. This is what it's all about in my opinion.

If you find this game upsetting you more often than not, you should do the same and uninstall it. There are better ways to spend your time. This just isn’t worth it. I’m sorry PD, but for too long, the most frequent emotion you elicit from this lifelong fan is rage, followed not so closely by disappointment.

Fortunately I played the beta & found out early on just how lame the GT Sport online racing was, before I parted with any money. Didn't buy the game, & uninstalled the beta & demo. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say!

I never could have imagined I’d create such a lame thread, but so, so many people create threads for so much less. For the record:

After comfortably leading my fist Sport race as a DR C from lap 2 through 7, the game decided to penalize me for passing one of the backmarkers as he lay idle on the side of the track as a ghost. I couldn’t do anything to shake the penalty and P2 caught me. A lap later and I got rammed into the lucky new race leader as I attempted to overtake, 10 sec penalty, race trashed. I don’t know how I kept going to the finish.

If you find this game upsetting you more often than not, you should do the same and uninstall it. There are better ways to spend your time. This just isn’t worth it. I’m sorry PD, but for too long, the most frequent emotion you elicit from this lifelong fan is rage, followed not so closely by disappointment.
I don’t believe that for a second either. You don’t get penalties for passing ghosted players. And without a replay you aren’t going to get any sympathy here. I’ve been playing since launch and never have this many problems let alone in a single race. This seems like a bogus thread jut to get people to hear you cry. I got one am happy you uninstalled the game!

I did. Nothing bad happened.
I did. Then I got laid. Unsure if events are related, but I'm looking to uninstall a friends beta tonight. Fingers crossed.

I don’t believe that for a second either. You don’t get penalties for passing ghosted players. And without a replay you aren’t going to get any sympathy here. I’ve been playing since launch and never have this many problems let alone in a single race. This seems like a bogus thread jut to get people to hear you cry. I got one am happy you uninstalled the game!
I got one last night. 3 car pile up and spun way out on the grass. I got penalty for the two on the grass. Heck I got a 10s because the guy next to me bumped into the car in front of us - I was in amazement. So bizarre I had to laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care if he was ghosted or not. I don't care what he was doing. This guy was dead last. When a backmarker wrecks, the race leader should not be penalized for passing them, ever.

fatal-error.gif

It has happened to loads of people, myself included.

It has happened to loads of people, myself included.
Fair enough. Thanks for saying it in a polite way! I’ve just never gotten a penalty for passing a ghosted player.

I don't care if he was ghosted or not. I don't care what he was doing. This guy was dead last. When a backmarker wrecks, the race leader should not be penalized for passing them, ever.

fatal-error.gif
I agree but you know how the system works. Be patient and pass him cleanly or fool him and make him pull himself off track. No need to bitch and moan and make a thread about uninstalling the game when there are so many cry baby threads already. FYI, if you weren’t such a testy ass I would have been more polite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough. Thanks for saying it in a polite way! I’ve just never gotten a penalty for passing a ghosted player.

I have... I’ve gotten penalties for passing a ghost driving the wrong way, for passing a guy as he lost control and caused the yellow flag, for t-boning a car that spined in front of me...
That’s ok though.

I have... I’ve gotten penalties for passing a ghost driving the wrong way, for passing a guy as he lost control and caused the yellow flag, for t-boning a car that spined in front of me...
That’s ok though.
I’ve gotten penalties for hitting a spinning car in front of me. I know people get penalties for things they shouldn’t which sucks.

Btw. Nice race last night/this morning on Kyoto. My name on here is different than on psn. Psn is CuReD_bacon

I’ve gotten penalties for hitting a spinning car in front of me. I know people get penalties for things they shouldn’t which sucks.

Btw. Nice race last night/this morning on Kyoto. My name on here is different than on psn. Psn is CuReD_bacon

Ahhh that’s you!

I always look at that name. lol
Thanks!
You’re fast! I feel like I’m a little behind still.

I know in the heat of action you can get carried away but it's just a game - games can be unfair and glitchy.

Would be a shame to leave the game you enjoy because of this error that perhaps PD will address in the next patch or two.

Back