GT Sport Update 1.59 Arrives, Adds Mazda RX-Vision GT3

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, May 22, 2020.

1. Famine

Famine Administrator

From the moment Mazda and PD announced it in November, it was always stated it was a Gr.3 car.

Gtsport28, NoonenF1, barak181 and 8 others like this.
  2. AlanH49

AlanH49

It’s really not unusual for racing series to switch between watch/timing brands. Rolex took over WEC/Le Mans a few years ago. Blancpain just stopped their 10 year association with SRO.

At this point any new partnership reveals will probably be kept under wraps until GT7.

Gtsport28 likes this.
  3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

It’s funny to me how they keep adding new rounds to both Sunday and Clubman Cups, two historically short events, as opposed to recycling one or two events from past GTs.

NoonenF1, ThePotatoKing and Pigems like this.
  4. DoctorNuu

DoctorNuu

Excessive. Seems like they just apply an algorithm based on some recent races.

Exactly my thinking. Rolex probably just made a better offer. Rolex IMHO is so lame though.

barak181 and Pigems like this.
  5. Leggacy

Leggacy

I just noticed we’ve lost the big spinning wireframe tag watch :confused:

6. Racerx_34

Racerx_34

I'll be jumping in on them.

7. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Check brand central.

Patrick Dempsey is gone.

[​IMG]

8. Leggacy

Leggacy

I hadn’t noticed he was there in the first place :lol:

mc0029, Ddkklop, Auditore and 8 others like this.
  9. Andre75

Andre75

#CrackedUnderPressure

Pedinhuh, Rotorist, Timlour and 10 others like this.
  10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

Pfft. He’s not a car.

Ddkklop, GTWolverine and AlexWilmot like this.
  11. DoctorNuu

DoctorNuu

WHAT :censored: just happened???
    I'm in Race A (FF cars only, aka the TT Cup) and the guy starting in third is in the 911.
    He does 49.500s
    as the race leader after bumping me out in T2. (Top Time is 50:800)

20200522_153822.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  12. theschledy

theschledy

No excuse for them not to win that one :lol:

I wonder how they pulled it off

13. MIE1992

MIE1992

I wonder what they meant by that, adding new rounds to those particular two events?

Also, could somebody tell me what the new rounds were? I heard the Gr.3 Endurance round was at the Nurburgring, but what about the layout and laps?

14. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I beleive its just the std. 23km layout... its however many laps you can fit into 1hr... say avg.8 mins per lap you're looking at 6-7 laps given pitting etc.

15. watto79

watto79

Sunday Cup
    Red Bull Ring x 2 laps
    Monza x 2 laps

Clubman Cup
    Spa x 3 laps
    Mount Panorama x 3 laps

Nostalgic 1979
    Laguna Seca x 6 laps
    Catalunya x 6 laps

Gr.3 Endurance
    Nordscheife x 60 mins - Fuel x 2 Tyres x 4

16. breeminator

breeminator

If it's a removal, rather than switch, I'd speculate that no longer having the physical world tour events, where the watches were given out as prizes, was at least one element. Also, sales of luxury watches might well be getting absolutely hammered at the moment, causing them to look more closely at the value of any sponsorship deals.

BaareCZ and MIE1992 like this.
  17. AlanH49

AlanH49

I don’t know why PD don’t just add some crazy, big credit, Endurance races.

A little like the old days with 12hr/24hr events. Only this time include ability to save progress at pit stops. If you offered some crazy credit rewards in the tens of millions. I’m sure completionist’s would give them a go.

Unlike car/track content. These events would require very little dev resources to implement.

Guffaluff, mc0029, k12power and 4 others like this.
  18. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Yeah I dont know why they didnt go HAM on GT Leagues at the start of the lockdowns. Obviously it doesnt take much effort and it seems like its a token opportunity to flip some low cost filler to the masses. They must have like a few interns doing the leagues.

mc0029, k12power, Gtsport28 and 2 others like this.
  19. MIE1992

MIE1992

I think GT3’s endurance events were the perfect length, at least for a maximum. I’d at least prefer not to have events longer than those until we start seeing dynamic time of day and weather, and with the ability to pause our progress. I don’t think we’ll see this until the next game, and for those actual endurance races that last a while, it’s never a single driver doing the whole thing, anyway.

I bet almost everybody at PD is either working on GT7, or future additional content for GT7 - at least at this point.

Darla Starch, Gtsport28 and BaareCZ like this.
  20. BaareCZ

BaareCZ

I agree. If a Gr.3 MR car can enter a Gr.4 FF only Daily race then this game is definitely not being worked on by the A team. :lol:

21. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I actually dont think that the audience really wants to sit there for say 2hrs on an endurance.

Things like 3-12-24hr challenges was one of those oddities that only existed in the PD world. Like $20 mil. cars...

22. The Gran Finale

The Gran Finale

Do you have a link to the livery? Or at least the tags I should search for? Having a difficult time finding it. Thanks!

23. Spongeinside

Spongeinside

Just did the Nordschleife 1h race... for some reason you can do 5 laps on soft easily for your first stint, but if you try softs for the last 4 laps your tires die after about two laps, with the third being a bit tricky and the 4th pure hell... it’s like the game goes like “Nope no grip for you” on your second stint... So I’d say softs for the first and then medium or hard for the last, OR if you have a big enough lead, go for a 2nd pitstop for fresh softs... Also slipstreaming and fuel saving is pretty important :)

I was leading before the pitstop with ~40seconds, had about ~10seconds lead left after which went up to ~40ish again and then had a hell lap on the last lap dropping to 10th place :banghead:

24. daan

daan Moderator

Anyone want some RX7 LMs?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  25. juanffy18

juanffy18

Who? nothing relevant is lost

26. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Interesting thing is that because of the livery contest, there's surprisingly low number of Renown liveries.

In fact, I counted that theres more IMSA RX7 liveries than the Renown one, in fact. Both are obviously dwarved by the amount of RXVContest submissions.

27. DoctorNuu

DoctorNuu

This update is pretty confusing.
    Now it wants me to re-choose a manufacturer. Is this always the case after BoP adjustments?

Also, the RCZ seems to just kill it at Race A, because of 1% less power but 2% less weight.

28. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

They gave everyone the chance to switch because of the Mazda. If you select Mazda having been with someone else, you lose your points and have to start over. If you stay with your current manufacturer, you keep your existing points.

ThePotatoKing, Rotorist and DoctorNuu like this.
  29. DoctorNuu

DoctorNuu

Shooot, now I just clicked through before realizing that the Trophy got nerfed by 4% power to weight.
    At least some topspeed gain, I guess. But 4%... Hmm... But hey, not too bad compared to the 4Cs 8%.
    Always look on the bright side...

Thx. @R1600Turbo . I guess, I should just read the official news better (and also let it in, and remember it)
    Pretty much of an ask.

30. Dunderbolt

Dunderbolt

Another amoeba car. How nice, glad to know more fake garbage is making it into the game.

fordlaser likes this.