GT Sport Update 1.59 Arrives, Adds Mazda RX-Vision GT3

Any news about the abrupt end of the Tag Heuer partnership? I find it very surprising.
It’s really not unusual for racing series to switch between watch/timing brands. Rolex took over WEC/Le Mans a few years ago. Blancpain just stopped their 10 year association with SRO.

At this point any new partnership reveals will probably be kept under wraps until GT7.

Ohhhhh, BOP changes. Edit: Alfa 4C Gr4 getting slapped with 153kg ballast. :lol:
Yet they did nothing at all to help the Gr.3 4C? PD is pissing me off with these mid season changes.
Excessive. Seems like they just apply an algorithm based on some recent races.

At this point any new partnership reveals will probably be kept under wraps until GT7.
Exactly my thinking. Rolex probably just made a better offer. Rolex IMHO is so lame though.

Thinking that we were only getting the new Mazda today, the new campaign races were an unexpected bonus for me.
Whilst off-line racing might not suit everyone, I thoroughly enjoy it and am very grateful for the additional content. 👍

I'll be jumping in on them.

I just noticed we’ve lost the big spinning wireframe tag watch :confused:

Check brand central.

Patrick Dempsey is gone.

gts-22.jpg

It’s funny to me how they keep adding new rounds to both Sunday and Clubman Cups, two historically short events, as opposed to recycling one or two events from past GTs.
I wonder what they meant by that, adding new rounds to those particular two events?

Also, could somebody tell me what the new rounds were? I heard the Gr.3 Endurance round was at the Nurburgring, but what about the layout and laps?

I beleive its just the std. 23km layout... its however many laps you can fit into 1hr... say avg.8 mins per lap you're looking at 6-7 laps given pitting etc.

I wonder what they meant by that, adding new rounds to those particular two events?

Also, could somebody tell me what the new rounds were? I heard the Gr.3 Endurance round was at the Nurburgring, but what about the layout and laps?

Sunday Cup
Red Bull Ring x 2 laps
Monza x 2 laps

Clubman Cup
Spa x 3 laps
Mount Panorama x 3 laps

Nostalgic 1979
Laguna Seca x 6 laps
Catalunya x 6 laps

Gr.3 Endurance
Nordscheife x 60 mins - Fuel x 2 Tyres x 4

It’s really not unusual for racing series to switch between watch/timing brands.
If it's a removal, rather than switch, I'd speculate that no longer having the physical world tour events, where the watches were given out as prizes, was at least one element. Also, sales of luxury watches might well be getting absolutely hammered at the moment, causing them to look more closely at the value of any sponsorship deals.

It’s funny to me how they keep adding new rounds to both Sunday and Clubman Cups, two historically short events, as opposed to recycling one or two events from past GTs.
I don’t know why PD don’t just add some crazy, big credit, Endurance races.

A little like the old days with 12hr/24hr events. Only this time include ability to save progress at pit stops. If you offered some crazy credit rewards in the tens of millions. I’m sure completionist’s would give them a go.

Unlike car/track content. These events would require very little dev resources to implement.

Yeah I dont know why they didnt go HAM on GT Leagues at the start of the lockdowns. Obviously it doesnt take much effort and it seems like its a token opportunity to flip some low cost filler to the masses. They must have like a few interns doing the leagues.

I don’t know why PD don’t just add some crazy, big credit, Endurance races.

A little like the old days with 12hr/24hr events. Only this time include ability to save progress at pit stops. If you offered some crazy credit rewards in the tens of millions. I’m sure completionist’s would give them a go.

Unlike car/track content. These events would require very little dev resources to implement.
I think GT3’s endurance events were the perfect length, at least for a maximum. I’d at least prefer not to have events longer than those until we start seeing dynamic time of day and weather, and with the ability to pause our progress. I don’t think we’ll see this until the next game, and for those actual endurance races that last a while, it’s never a single driver doing the whole thing, anyway.

Yeah I dont know why they didnt go HAM on GT Leagues at the start of the lockdowns. Obviously it doesnt take much effort and it seems like its a token opportunity to flip some low cost filler to the masses. They must have like a few interns doing the leagues.

I bet almost everybody at PD is either working on GT7, or future additional content for GT7 - at least at this point.

I actually dont think that the audience really wants to sit there for say 2hrs on an endurance.

Things like 3-12-24hr challenges was one of those oddities that only existed in the PD world. Like $20 mil. cars...

Just did the Nordschleife 1h race... for some reason you can do 5 laps on soft easily for your first stint, but if you try softs for the last 4 laps your tires die after about two laps, with the third being a bit tricky and the 4th pure hell... it’s like the game goes like “Nope no grip for you” on your second stint... So I’d say softs for the first and then medium or hard for the last, OR if you have a big enough lead, go for a 2nd pitstop for fresh softs... Also slipstreaming and fuel saving is pretty important :)

I was leading before the pitstop with ~40seconds, had about ~10seconds lead left after which went up to ~40ish again and then had a hell lap on the last lap dropping to 10th place :banghead:

Interesting thing is that because of the livery contest, there's surprisingly low number of Renown liveries.

In fact, I counted that theres more IMSA RX7 liveries than the Renown one, in fact. Both are obviously dwarved by the amount of RXVContest submissions.

This update is pretty confusing.
Now it wants me to re-choose a manufacturer. Is this always the case after BoP adjustments?

Also, the RCZ seems to just kill it at Race A, because of 1% less power but 2% less weight.

This update is pretty confusing.
Now it wants me to re-choose a manufacturer. Is this always the case after BoP adjustments?

Also, the RCZ seems to just kill it at Race A, because of 1% less power but 2% less weight.
They gave everyone the chance to switch because of the Mazda. If you select Mazda having been with someone else, you lose your points and have to start over. If you stay with your current manufacturer, you keep your existing points.

Shooot, now I just clicked through before realizing that the Trophy got nerfed by 4% power to weight.
At least some topspeed gain, I guess. But 4%... Hmm... But hey, not too bad compared to the 4Cs 8%.
Always look on the bright side...

Thx. @R1600Turbo . I guess, I should just read the official news better (and also let it in, and remember it)
Pretty much of an ask.

Back