GT Sport Update 1.59 Arrives, Adds Mazda RX-Vision GT3

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, May 22, 2020.

1. ILLEAGLE_34

ILLEAGLE_34

Dang man came swinging. That being said let’s run some laps sometime soon. I

2. delphinho

delphinho

Tested the new Mazda in a few races in Spa and I really like this car. However, I'm struggling to defend my position in slow corners, especially when being pushed from behind. Will do more races in the evening.

3. Famine

Famine Administrator

If you're old enough you should know already :D

That's the TVR Cerbera LM from the first Gran Turismo. It was both the best car in the game, and "fake". And you drove it exclusively on "fake" tracks.

GT is 22 years and five months old (exactly that old, in fact), and right from the get go the series has had fast, fictional cars - mostly based in some sort of reality, even if the CR-X del Sol LM stretched that a bit - racing on fictional tracks. There were a lot of real cars, but also a decent proportion of cars that were little more than imagination, or "what if".

And yet we still have people railing against "fake garbage" cars being in the game, when GT adds a concept car designed by Mazda, based on a concept car designed by Mazda, which it intends to build at some point - that is as much founded on reality as the Cerbera LM was, 22 years and 5 months ago.

4. k12power

k12power

That's right!!!!!

CTznOfTime and JD_18 like this.
  5. GordonS

GordonS

This is my take on the new Mazda.
    In the first part of the video I test the car at Fuji with the custom ai.
    In the second part I take the car to Dragon Trail Seaside for a quick time attack.
    Really like this one, easy to approach and not too numb at all. The legendary "Renown" livery found in the database fits this beast so well!

Should I change my FiA McLaren to this?.. To be seen..
    Thanks PoDi!

Donnie77, Rotorist, sirjim73 and 3 others like this.
  6. 05XR8

05XR8

Exactly.

7. JD_18

JD_18

People complain about "fantasy cars" and I want Volvo Gr3 and gr4, Buggati Gr3, Latus Gr3 and Gr4 LOL or maybe comeback like Atenzza LM

8. O604

O604

Good looking car from the back. Looks extra low and wide.

Overall a mean looking car. Which makes me think of 70's Funny Cars.

[​IMG]

9. 05XR8

05XR8

I'm glad Mazda chose to partner with PDI.

[​IMG]

It's interesting Spa would be showcased with the reveal. Seeing as most of their famous racing history, is the 787B at Le Mans. They've participated at SPa with the RX100 race cars. So, wonder if they'll choose to showcase more of their racing history, in the near future.

10. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I've only done a single lap of the Ring in the new car and I'm positive about it... it desperately needs a tune, the very least the acceleration force on the diff needs to be softened.

The car has that funny thing typical of rotarys in that it feels fast and it feels like you're cornering hard but you're not actually going that fast. I'm using just stock specs, no traction... I think its just basically 600hp 1,200kg.

Brakes are fine IMO... almost a lot better than the avg. GT3 car. Its just not your typical GT3 car, you need a tune you need to learn it before you go about going the 60 mins of Nurburgring.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  11. GopNet

GopNet

God I'm falling in love with that car :) but it's sometimes sketchy like an MR car despite being FR :)

Donnie77, Rotorist, JEverettL and 2 others like this.
  12. 05XR8

05XR8

That's the thing. I don't see the novelty of it wearing off. I absolutely drive the 787B all the time. Never get tired of driving it or listening to it in my replays.
    That's happening with the RX-V. The sound is not as loud, but in a pack, it's unique. The handling makes me want to keep learning to drive . Certainly isn't a boring car and not an exhaustive car to drive. It's on the verge of biting me, but it doesn't. I just dial it back for the next corner entry. Exit acceleration is awesome. Love this car.

NosOsH, JEverettL and AgentBlackDog like this.
  13. Aloha62_2

Aloha62_2

Kinda, it was based off (or inspired by?) the Cerbera GT test car, prior to the speed 12. Although the ingame car doesn't have the restrictors of the original and a different spoiler.

https://www.pistonheads.com/tvr/cerbera/images/cerbera-gt-02.jpg

14. Famine

Famine Administrator

Hence the airquotes, and the rest of the post about cars being based in some sort of reality.

Pigems and AgentBlackDog like this.
  15. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

After driving the RX-Vision GT3 for a bit and doing some races online, I can safely say that it's not a terrible car. I wouldn't say its a hot competitor in the Gr.3 class either. I find the car to be quite tricky/unstable under braking for some reason on neutral brake bias. I also think the car lacks pull on the straights, so it's outgunned in most situations by other cars on tracks like Spa and Le Mans. (with current BoP it's not making a huge amount of power so I can see why)

Overall it seems pretty similar to the Z4 GT3 for me: a high revving engine, good handling if a bit tricky in some spots, lacks power, but is pretty accessible and nimble on shorter tracks,

16. Lebowski

Lebowski

I largely agree. My biggest gripes are that it feels completely unpredictable in corner entry and exit. As for the Z4, i have had huge success with that car this week, something in the region of 15 wins from starts ranging from 4th to pole. I can't believe how i have overlooked that car for so long. The Z4 is a car i will definitely be returning to. The RX Vision will remain safely in the garage gathering virtual dust!

ThePotatoKing and 24HuresdeLoL like this.
  17. AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN

And just like that you found a fitting livery for this car. Now to make it Sport Mode ready. PS, this is my new Favorite Mazda. It's a total peach cutie pie a la mode.

18. watashi49uk

watashi49uk

I used the Citroen running hard tyres. Ran 4 laps for the first stint then another 5, so 9 laps in all. Everyone else pitted twice and I finished up a minute and a half in front.

19. AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN

@0604
    Just whipped up what this car would look like with a drag inspired Hot Wheels livery. Based on the 77 Firebird you posted, and a 98 Firebird funny car[​IMG]

20. O604

O604

Wow.

TBH that looks way cooler than the original.

21. AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN

O604 and daan like this.
  22. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

I never knew... all this time I thought the FTO LM was the best car in GT1 :(

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  23. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Yep.

FTO or GTFO

24. symaski62

symaski62

Gran Turismo Sport - Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept - BoP OFF vs FOR OVAL Comparison

BoP OFF, 9.200 RPM test sounds high

VS

BoP FOR OVAL, 8.700 RPM test sounds low

25. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Engine sounds different.

Glitch, or some kind of Engine Swap tease for next game?

26. RCKakashi14

RCKakashi14

RX-Vision uses 911 RSR engine for BoP Oval.

27. tankuroded

tankuroded

VulcanSpirit likes this.
  28. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Looks like patch incoming to fix these issues... or they might just delay it and roll it into the next Lambo VGT (???) update?

29. TJC_69

TJC_69

Ouch. Almost sounds like PD are bitter about it...

Then again, if you don't have the license to feature a trademarked brand name, it probably would be in breach of copyright if you still did so. Still an abrupt ending either way.

30. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

Ok... Why the hell would they swap out the 4-rotor for a flat 6? How strange.