GT Sport VR - Improvements list

• Thread starter poumpoum
  • 10 comments
France
France
poumpoumk
The VR in GT Sport is a really good experience overall but I wanted to make a unique thread to gather all the ideas we have to improve VR in GT Sport. In case PD watch this thread (we never know) it could really be a good feedback source for them.

Don't hesitate to post your ideas here, I will update the first post with all of them. Keep in mind that the PS4 (standard) doesn't seem powerful enough to display more than 2 cars at a time. Remember that for VR, the console has to produce 1080p90 or even 1080p120 (I don't know which mode is used for GT Sport) instead of 1080p60 so compromises have been made.

Easily achievable / small dev
- Lock camera to cockpit* (to prevent motion sickness)
- VR Time trials Mode -> done in 1.15
- Watch replays in VR* : our replays but also the ones we download from the best players
- VR Drive : let us select opponent car and AI level, number of laps, grip reduction, boost, damage ... (the same options we have in custom race even if it is only for one car)
- Lobby 1 vs 1 in VR (a simple option in the lobby to allow 2 players maximum)
- Add Nordschleife Touristenfahrten layout

Achievable / medium dev
- VR Showroom : let us select backgrounds like in the Home menu (garage, pit, designed place and more ?)
- Watch replays in VR with another point of view : let us watch it from the passenger’s view (or simply let us move the camera in the car where we want)

Dream features / big dev
- VR Drive : Increase the number of competitors on PS4 Pro
- Make the full game playable in VR on PS4 Pro*

Please PD ! You've made an excellent work with VR in this game, just give us the features it deserves <3

Last edited:
Just a few additional details on the requested features

Lock camera to cockpit*
In Wipeout and Dirt Rally you have the "Lock camera to cockpit" option, this means that if you do not move your head IRL then your head stay at the exact same position in the car. Unfortunately this is not the case in GT Sport, you can clearly see that your head is moving inside the car, forward (when breaking), backward (when accelerating), tilting (on banked turn) etc... And this is really disturbing and can cause motion sickness especially when you use a wheel because you can feel with your hands that it is not moving but in the game it is moving… With a "Lock camera to cockpit" for the PSVR (or an option to Lock the camera on "cockpit” or “driver") it could really make the game more enjoyable with less motion sickness.

Watch replays in VR*
This could be a great experience especially now with eSport being such an important part of the game. Watch Nurburgring world records from the best GT Sport players in VR could be breathtaking and this option is so easy to achieve ! Watching this from the passenger’s view could also be amazing.

Usually the first VR GT Sport experience isn’t good because people do not necessarily know the game and it’s difficult for them to make a clean lap (lot of crashes etc…) and because of that they feel sick really quickly. If they could do a lap just as a viewer (from driver’s view or passenger’s view) it could be an amazing (the best ?) VR demo out there.

Make the full game playable in VR on PS4 Pro*
The PS4 Pro is really more powerful than the vanilla PS4 (2.5 times faster) and it can probably handle a whole grid of cars and even the full game IMO. But from what I can see Sony only authorize the PS4 Pro to enhance graphically a game (4K, antialiasing, 60fps, HDR...) but perhaps a game cannot have Pro only features ?

Actually I bought a new PS4 Pro and PSVR because of GTS and I play really EVERY DAY GTS in PSVR mode and ONLY VR mode!
Every night I drive the 24Hr version of Nürburgring in VR mode. Since I tried VR mode for the first time with GTS I can NOT go back to play it on my TV anymore. The immersion with VR and "sitting inside the car" is just a mind blowing experience which can not be recreated by watching you tubers doing VR.
BUT.......there is a big BUT, because the PSVR mode is very limited with GTS and we can not do any offline or online races in VR mode I don't do any races anymore, which is a shame!
I just can not "drive" without VR anymore and due to the fact that I am infected now with the VR virus and Sim Racing in VR I am planning to move to the PC for sim racing in VR, because with my PS4 there is not much choice in GTS, which is a shame again!

I also wish that there will be at least offline races available in VR in GTS on PS4 PRO!!!! Everybody knows that the standard PS4 is too weak for good VR, so SONY and PD....give us real VR races for the PS4 Pro at least, it is needed!

give us real VR races for the PS4 Pro at least, it is needed!

I really would like to play the full game in VR on PS4 Pro but I think the problem comes from Sony... I don't know if developpers can have "only pro" features for their game ? I think the extra power of the Pro can only be used to improve visual effects :( I didn't find a single game with Pro only feature...

Last edited:
Actually I bought a new PS4 Pro and PSVR because of GTS and I play really EVERY DAY GTS in PSVR mode and ONLY VR mode!
Every night I drive the 24Hr version of Nürburgring in VR mode. Since I tried VR mode for the first time with GTS I can NOT go back to play it on my TV anymore. The immersion with VR and "sitting inside the car" is just a mind blowing experience which can not be recreated by watching you tubers doing VR.
BUT.......there is a big BUT, because the PSVR mode is very limited with GTS and we can not do any offline or online races in VR mode I don't do any races anymore, which is a shame!
I just can not "drive" without VR anymore and due to the fact that I am infected now with the VR virus and Sim Racing in VR I am planning to move to the PC for sim racing in VR, because with my PS4 there is not much choice in GTS, which is a shame again!

I also wish that there will be at least offline races available in VR in GTS on PS4 PRO!!!! Everybody knows that the standard PS4 is too weak for good VR, so SONY and PD....give us real VR races for the PS4 Pro at least, it is needed!

For me it's the opposite. I love VR, played DriveClub for months in VR, completing every single accolade, and could not go back to racing on a screen, the transition is just to big. So for that reason I hardly touch VR in GTS as I love the competition of sport mode too much. VR is awesome in GTS, yet the transition is too big, going back and forth is messing me up. So now my PSVR headset is just for the occasional Wipeout VR fun (that does have the full game in VR) and GTS is now purely played on TV.

I wish I could do sport mode in VR, with ps2 car models it would be fine.

GTS need to fix the camera though, not locking it to the driver was a mistake and it blacks out too soon if you move around a bit in the GR.1 cars. DriveClub lets you adjust your seat position, Dirt Rally you roll around with the car and Wipeout lets you choose what you want the camera to do. GTS is really bare bones when it comes to VR options.

I really would like to play the full game in VR on PS4 Pro but I think the problem comes from Sony... I don't know if developpers can have "only pro" features for their game ? I think the extra power of the Pro can only be used to improve visual effects :( I didn't find a single gale with Pro only feature...

yes I know it is SONY, they will never allow a PS4 Pro only game. Sadly GTS will stay like that with the limited PSVR content and that is the reason why I will move to the PC for VR Sim Racing. I just wait for the Pimax 8k and a next gen NVIDIA GPU release, then it is time for me to leave the PS4.

For me it's the opposite. I love VR, played DriveClub for months in VR, completing every single accolade, and could not go back to racing on a screen, the transition is just to big. So for that reason I hardly touch VR in GTS as I love the competition of sport mode too much. VR is awesome in GTS, yet the transition is too big, going back and forth is messing me up. So now my PSVR headset is just for the occasional Wipeout VR fun (that does have the full game in VR) and GTS is now purely played on TV.

I wish I could do sport mode in VR, with ps2 car models it would be fine.

GTS need to fix the camera though, not locking it to the driver was a mistake and it blacks out too soon if you move around a bit in the GR.1 cars. DriveClub lets you adjust your seat position, Dirt Rally you roll around with the car and Wipeout lets you choose what you want the camera to do. GTS is really bare bones when it comes to VR options.

Yes also all true what yo say. I also love the races in GTS but on TV in 2D is no fun anymore. SONY and PD did a big mistake with such limited VR content for GTS.
We really need the VR races.

Last edited:
I think that upping the number of AI cars to whatever the Pro can handle doesn't violate the 'no Pro only games' clause. As long as regular PS4 players can dial the number back down to one, it falls within the spirit of the requirement.

However, unless PD pull a major reversal and take programming the AI seriously (can anyone honestly say that GT AI has ever been anything but a bad joke for as many games back as you'd like to compare?) increasing the grid doesn't help. I can drop 3 tire grades and pick the slowest car possible (OK, OK, the Sambabus is hard pressed to keep up with its AI opponent, but that's about it!) and still generally be completely out of sight of the trailing car after one lap almost anywhere. Why the VR AI is even worse than the 2D AI is beyond understanding... I used to think that the 2D AI was the worse in the business, but trust PD to find a way to make it even worse!

That is one amazing achievement! Well done, Kaz! :banghead: :crazy: :dunce:

So, it seems VR is still going to be a hotlappers only exercise, until console power finally allows an online grid. PD's unwillingness to ever invest in coders competent with racing AI (while their competition shows how easily it can be achieved) has yet again come back to bite them in the 🤬. What an amazing amount of money, resources and time must have been spent on this VR ability, only to be let down by the same inadequacies that have turned single player for generations of this game into a total waste of time.

Did it ever occur to Kaz that, if they could only squeeze a one player capability out of PSVR, if they were going to be their usual incompetent selves with regard to the AI, it was a waste of time and resources that could have been better spent on more tracks, or weather, or the million other things that make GTS so inferior to GT6?

Sort of like a Lunar Rover, a fully detailed lunar map, and only a couple of challenges to use it on... While Shuffle got dropped.

Oh yeah, that's right. Useless stuff that wastes resources is kind of a PD speciality, if you come to think about it!

Yes the AI is pure s**t in offline, even worse in VR mode. I am always angry when the 1 opponent in VR brakes and even waits after the first corner to let you pass. I also wish to drive against a good AI, but I am sure it will never happen.
GTS could be soooo damn good if they just want to do it, PD....just listen to your customers and the community. I personally also want to have more race cars within real FIA racing classes and REAL race TRACKS included in the game , come on PD, you could do better!

Back