GT Sport vs. Forza 6: Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Sound Comparison

I'm going to say I think GTS sounds better in the cockpit view. It is slightly lacking in the transmission note, but all cars since GT5 had awkward gearing sounds so I'm not too sure they'll address it yet.

Oh and why did you guys eliminate the comment section of the news post? I honestly prefer that over this.

Forza's interior sounds have been in need of correction since FM3. Hopefully this will get the Forza teams to do something about that, and other audio anomalies. Like the rumble strip sounds, and the volume of cars compared to each other. I don't care if the car I am in, cannot be heard in a replay next to a Hemi at full blast. The Hemi drowning out my mostly stock STi is better and more realistic than the hero car approach Forza now uses.

They need to add some jazz to the deceleration sounds now with some burbles, pops, or at the very least not sound like the car is quieter on downshifts. A bit in the right direction... I hope they address the speed of shifts for other cars with manuals, I always hated that all cars sounded and shifted like they had an Audi R8 dual clutch tranny with instant upshifts.

I'm liking FM6's tire sounds on the exterior view better than GTS. I give the rest to GTS, if only because (and please don't hate me too much for this one) the whine of a supercharger might be the sound on this Earth that I dislike the most, and FM6's is hideously annoying to these ears.

This is a lot closer than I expected it to be. I'd have tabbed the FM6 sample to be miles better, but that just isn't the case.

Personally I'd have to give the edge to FM6, but only just. GTS still sounds a bit too sterile, but the actual sample is great.

I'm liking FM6's tire sounds on the exterior view better than GTS. I give the rest to GTS, if only because (and please don't hate me too much for this one) the whine of a supercharger might be the sound on this Earth that I dislike the most, and FM6's is hideously annoying to these ears.
If the Ariel Atom Supercharged comes to GTSport you aren't going to be happy:lol:. If you haven't heard it yet, give it a listen:D

Good job, PD! They just need to add better shifting sounds. Make the sound more organic, by adding pops and crackles. Another thing would be making the sample less flat, but giving it more grunt depending on how much gas is used (this is something Forza does better.) I would say it's finally got to the point were these comparisons end up being personal choice rather than who's the best.

Again; well done, PD 👍

GTS sounds still like a vacum cleaner, there is not gurgling sounds that pops out like 3d in video. Gts sounds flat like 2d picture/graphics to me ie the sound is flat. In Forza the car sounded more alive and even that it is nothing when you hear how the cars sounds irl.

It's a very nice improvement compared to some of the cars in GT6. The worrying part though is will the sounds be consistent across all the cars?

It actually sounds like you're in the cockpit, rather than Forza which sounds like exterior sounds.

Forza's sounds have never been great in this aspect, they usually use one sample for interior, hood and bumper cams and a second for the chase cams.

It's not enough to negatively affect the game but it's always been an odd design choice.

GTS sounds still like a vacum cleaner, .

I wish my vacuum sounded like that!

Yes.. one might sound better, but both are lacking. For some reason, they cant re-create the tearing sounds on any cars. sounds are quite compressed. here is the raw tearing i mean. i know its just revving, not under load.

Ps. watch out for your ears with those headphones.

Yeesh at the GT version. Still sounds totally unnatural and quintessentialy GT.
I would have agreed if I didn't revisit their sample by checking the comparison video. It's not anywhere near touching a "yeesh". Totally unnatural would be the down shifts and in SOME part is due to the consistency of the rev matching. These comparisons aren't definitive of everything.

The replay audio re/production is beautiful in GT. FM doesn't have the quality of spatial, distance-based audio production at the level GT has had it; I don't think this is personal favoring. Then there's the thing where every car sounds like a vacuum cleaner in GT or every car sounds beefed up (Amerikuh!) in FM. GT's sounds do have something like some sterile predictability to them. They seem to have an on/off switch when the gas is initiated and released. I think that is the case for almost every car in the roster. Those few exceptions though. Wow.

they cant re-create the tearing sounds
I'm not sure why they would re-create that. At least to that extent. The tearing sound is the end result of the mic clipping out because of the loudness of the exhaust note. I.e. it tears because the recording is of bad quality. It's true that this effect could be used to make the car sound louder without actually having to crank up the volume to the equivalent level of the real deal.

I'm not sure why they would re-create that. At least to that extent. The tearing sound is the end result of the mic clipping out because of the loudness of the exhaust note. I.e. it tears because the recording is of bad quality. It's true that this effect could be used to make the car sound louder without actually having to crank up the volume to the equivalent level of the real deal.

But thats not the sound i mean. theres this sharp violent tone in high performance cars they just cant re-create. one of my favourites in real life is M46 Bmw M3 full acceleration. it has this sharp tone i quite cant explain. Imagine someone tearing silk.. violent and precise at the same time.

on the other hand i quite well understand just how impossible that kind on tone is to digitally sample - so this is more about my wishes of game sounds in a perfect world. :D

PD has made a big improvemen already.

Yes.. one might sound better, but both are lacking. For some reason, they cant re-create the tearing sounds on any cars. sounds are quite compressed. here is the raw tearing i mean. i know its just revving, not under load.

That is indeed the only sound they should compare it with, not some Turn 10 game from over a year old...

The GTS Hellcat sounds good from the outside but I think it's still too digitally sterile. The Forza sound isn't perfect either but I feel the exterior sound is more raw. GTS clearly wins on the interior sounds though overall I'd give the edge to Forza.

GTS sounds still like a vacum cleaner, there is not gurgling sounds that pops out like 3d in video. Gts sounds flat like 2d picture/graphics to me ie the sound is flat. In Forza the car sounded more alive and even that it is nothing when you hear how the cars sounds irl.

If that's what vacuum cleaners today sound like, then I need to buy a new one!

I would never want a game to sound like that. That's the sound of bad audio equipment, the clipping causes any nuance of the car's sound to be lost.

If that's what vacuum cleaners today sound like, then I need to buy a new one!

So you do not hear the base sound that is the monotone vacuum like sound and over it they added the flat v8 sound that does not pop out like in forza? I dunno if i can explain it better.

Well neither game sounds like this that's for sure haha. Forza may sound better then GT but forza definitely doesn't sound amazing.

Back