GT Sport vs GT6 Comparison: The Super Premium Supra

IIRC there were some standard cars in both GT5 and GT6 in which the car's model was slightly better in GT6 than in GT5. I think some of the cars included the Nissan R390 Road Car and some of the RUFs. I wonder what's planned for those? Honestly, I wonder if PD should take a cue from GameFreak and their 3D modeling of Pokemon, and make models that are so high-poly, they wouldn't need to make new models for some time, and then they could simply scale the models down to fit within any hardware constraints, depending on the system they'd be developing for at the time.

It's truly a night-and-day difference: the GT6 version looked like it was ripped off from GT4, but the current-gen recreation in GTS is nothing short of astonishingly beautiful. You can tell Kaz and PD poured their heart and soul in the creation of this brand-new model.

As an aside that I couldn't really fit into the article, I'd just like to point out that there were people 'round these parts that, with deadpan sincerity, insisted Standards should be in GT Sport in unaltered form.

The new Supra is a beaut, and boy am I glad that Polyphony has stuck to one level of visual quality for this game. 👍

As an aside that I couldn't really fit into the article, I'd just like to point out that there were people 'round these parts that, with deadpan sincerity, insisted Standards should be in GT Sport in unaltered form.

The new Supra is a beaut, and boy am I glad that Polyphony has stuck to one level of visual quality for this game. 👍
Those people should be sent into exile for wanting low res PS2 cars in a PS4 game.

It's truly a night-and-day difference: the GT6 version looked like it was ripped off from GT4, but the current-gen recreation in GTS is nothing short of astonishingly beautiful. You can tell Kaz and PD poured their heart and soul in the creation of this brand-new model.

It was ripped from GT4. Completely untouched. A lot of cars from GT4 were that way. Saved time and still gave players the cars they wanted.

The only downside I have found with this car in particular is, that it reminded me how utterly shoddy the interior is by today's standards...the inside looks like some cheap econobox and then there's that cringe-inducing color mix in the illumination...:ill:

And still...even in-game, you just do not care anymore after a few k's, becuase the car is so much damn fun to drive!

I knew this would be no contest, the last time the supra was even updated was GT4, and then just imported to GT6. It was disappointing though to find out there were standard car "favourites" in GT6-and maybe GT5- that PD decided would receive an improved exterior model. Why the supra was not chosen even for that back then is beyond me.

Surely with modern tools like laser scanners etc., making car models is easier than it used to be (for exteriors at least)? You're not needing to do stuff like fake shutline textures etc.

Given the amount of cars Turn 10 fit in their games, I still think PD are behind the curve. Given the money that GT has generated over the years it's not like they shouldn't be able to afford an equivalent team.

Surely with modern tools like laser scanners etc., making car models is easier than it used to be (for exteriors at least)? You're not needing to do stuff like fake shutline textures etc.

Given the amount of cars Turn 10 fit in their games, I still think PD are behind the curve. Given the money that GT has generated over the years it's not like they shouldn't be able to afford an equivalent team.
Yeah, but look how long Rolls Royce have been in business. They should be spitting those things out as fast as Corollas.

PDI really do put a lot of time into details that often go unnoticed during regular game play. Still, it's a beautiful mesh. No Denying that.

If this was 2004 you wouldn't be saying that. Funny how time changes peoples perception.
Trust me, I thought they were top of the line then, but boy do things change.

I was surprised about the differences regarding GT6 and GT Sport premium cars, but here the difference is absurd; it really shows that GT6 Standards were PS2 assets, wow :boggled:

True. But what about 2013?

:indiff:
Yeah GT6's is an aweful model for 2013 quality. No denying that. Though I've found that back then many high-poly meshes still had their fare share of jagged/unsmooth vertexes. Particularly around the wheel arches. In GTS the car looks almost life-like with minimal discrepancies.

Last edited:
Back