GT Sport vs GT6: Shelby Cobra 427 Comparison

I have a way of proving models were reused. Find UNROUNDED edges, if they match up the polymesh was reused. You can clearly see the car above hs the same rough edges around the wheel well in the exact same spots. Its IMPOSSIBLE to have the same "mistake" on two unique models. Also, it would be a better idea to compare GT5/Gt sport, GT5 had a better photo location lighting/reflection engine.

I have a way of proving models were reused. Find UNROUNDED edges, if they match up the polymesh was reused. You can clearly see the car above hs the same rough edges around the wheel well in the exact same spots. Its IMPOSSIBLE to have the same "mistake" on two unique models. Also, it would be a better idea to compare GT5/Gt sport, GT5 had a better photo location lighting/reflection engine.
who says they aren't reused? 9/12 cars in the December update will be brought back from GT6 premium models... they wouldn't just trash them and build them from the ground up

Due to the switch to PBR all textures had to be redone, this is 100% accurate, but the underlying mesh/polygon model can be reused, it's a matter of whether the artist decides it's necessary to add detail or remodel certain parts for more accuracy. Personally I don't believe they would throw the older models in the trash completely, it wouldn't make sense considering the amount of effort required to start from scratch. So in a sense the models are reused, but upgraded to higher quality, not a complete carry over. It's a reasonable solution and the result looks great, I don't see any issues. The models are not simple ports, but not a brand new asset either. Reasonable middle-ground.

I’m curious then, why there isn’t more cars in the game? Kaz has said it takes like 6 months to make one car in the game. I cant imagine this being true if they have the gt6 model to start with.

I’m curious then, why there isn’t more cars in the game? Kaz has said it takes like 6 months to make one car in the game. I cant imagine this being true if they have the gt6 model to start with.
They are bring roughly 12 cars each month from now on. Do the math.

Name me a car in GT Sport that you don't think has a cockpit view? I'm curious to see what the cockpit does look like in PSVR.

Cars without cockpit view-

Mercedes AMG VGT
Peugeot VGT
Subaru Viziv VGT
Aston Martin DP-100 VGT
Mitsubishi VGT
Lexus VGT
Infiniti VGT
Toyota SF-R Race Car (not vision GT but doesn't have cockpit)
BMW VGT

Thanks, I'll have a look later and report back, I confess not to have driven any of the VGT cars let alone in PSVR, I've been gifted some of those on the list so will see what happens.

Edit - I only had one car on the list, I'm gad I didn't need to buy one to test... the car doesn't show up in my garage when I try to select within the VR race garage.

So those cars without cockpit cannot be driven in VR.

Last edited:

I can believe that a model done from scratch plus all the uv mapping and textures can take 6 months in man hours but as someone who has dabbled in 3D modelling, I can assure you that a gt6 car can look just as good after a resource spends a month on it (maybe even less) and that most of that time will go into uv mapping and higher resolution textures for the interior rather than on exterior detailing.

So why are’nt there more cars? I believe most of the modellers’ time was spent on tracks, gts cars look great but that has much more to do with the new lighting engine and shaders than polygonal detail. Take a gt6 car and just swap out the shaders and it will look very good but you cannot say the same about tracks, tracks require much more time than cars to make them “look better” that includes lots of texture work, light baking etc. Look at gts next to gt6 and you notice 2 thing, much better lighting engine and much better track detail.

So why work on a new car when you can have 6 carried over from gt6? You don’t, unless you need a particular car in the game for gameplay or marketing reasons and it wasn’t in gt6. I believe that many of the “all new, ultra premium” cars are derived from gt6 models and the only reason they insist on them being all new is because of the bad rep PD got over using standard models in gt5 and 6. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using gt6 models as a base, there is absolutely no downside to it, if some body panel is’nt on par with gts level of detail, you tweak that panel, you make it on par with 1/5th the effort rather than starting from scratch. The only time it would make sense to start from scratch would be if the gt6 model was inherently flawed (e.g if the model is not based off of blueprints or laser scan data and thus has incorrect dimensions) but gt has never had an issue with its models looking funny, especially since the ps3 premium models.

Where do you have that from? I really hope the two Nissan Skyline is not just a port :boggled:, i was kinda hoping they are in same quality like the other cars we have now:).

This is just logic.

Take the Ferrari 458 Italia.
Its an old car from 2009 still good looking but old.

They put it in the game because they had all data from GT6 already.

If they would have made cars from scratch they surely had chosen the 488 ;)
This is just one of so many examples.

The cars still look nice but they are not made from scratch.

This is just logic.

Take the Ferrari 458 Italia.
Its an old car from 2009 still good looking but old.

They put it in the game because they had all data from GT6 already.

If they would have made cars from scratch they surely had chosen the 488 ;)
This is just one of so many examples.

The cars still look nice but they are not made from scratch.

So this is what you think and not something PD have said? That's why i asked where you have that from, so we don't know for sure, maybe we will see more Ferrari later? I would like to see the 599xx Evo:

6983578536_f0538f2c26_b.jpg

:bowdown: :)

PD will never admit the cars are not from scratch and yap keep dreaming of new cars :)

I have GT Sports and Forza 7 so I have a nice selection of cars to chose from.

Some guys here already said they saw the same mistakes on the cars of GT Sports like
they saw before.

So if you make a car from scratch you won´t do the same mistake twice ;)

PD will never admit the cars are not from scratch and yap keep dreaming of new cars :)

I have GT Sports and Forza 7 so I have a nice selection of cars to chose from.

Some guys here already said they saw the same mistakes on the cars of GT Sports like
they saw before.

So if you make a car from scratch you won´t do the same mistake twice ;)

Still it's just speculations, i just thought you knew something the rest of us didn't, since you said the next cars will be a port but a good port, but in the end it dosen't matter, the cars in GT S is the best looking cars in the history of Gran Turismo and i'm looking forward to see if the two new Nissan GT-R is at the same high standard like the cars we have now :).

Back