GT Sport vs GT7 Graphics ~ How Is Nobody Talking about this?

• Thread starter Miroku
  • 96 comments
Canada
Canada
I don't know how nobody talks about this....but the difference between graphics among the 2 games is massive. Look at how much worse GT7 looks compared to GT Sport.
The backround envirorments in GT7 look like PS2 backgrounds. Let these 2 pictures do the rest of the talking.

GT Sport PS4 PRO/PS5 BC

GT7 PS4 PRO/PS5 BC

It's pretty hard to judge when we're looking photographs of a TV screen as opposed to screen grabs. Surely you could use photmode to demonstrate what it is that's supposed to be worse in GT7. But if you mean these trees look worse than GTS's, I have to dissagree based on the pictures above.

1674943753715.png

1674943779112.png

Not that it's a flattering image of either game, but it's a photo of a TV screen so what do you expect.

In actual gameplay I don't think there'smuch between them. Some tracks have tweaked scenery where it's different. But different is all I can see most of in the above. Maybe the building looks sharper in the GTS pic, but it's not a clean pic of either, so I'm not going to make a statement on that.

You need proper photomode shots of the same track from the same spot and angle (like above) as well as time of day, that will account for differences in visible detail in a lot of cases, but not photo's of your TV screen. Then it might be possible to see more of what you're seeing.

Last edited:
Seems there's a pretty stark difference:
View attachment 1226714 View attachment 1226715
I wouldn't say there's very much in terms of stark differences in quality at all based on the different times of day the track is set at, different positions the shots were taken from and manner in which the pictures themselves were taken.

Sure one looks a little bit sharper, certainly not a stark difference, but there are far too many variables between the pictures including the hand holding the offscreen camera and the focus of said camera as well as the lighting in the room when the pcitures were taken. It certainly appears that there's a bit more glare on the screen in the GT7 pic and a bit less focus from the camera.

So the obvious legitimate comparison would be to capture two pictures from photomode of the track from the same location with it set at approximately the same time of day and weather conditions and then you have a valid comparison and can say this one looks better than the other.

All I'm seeing are two poor quality pictures.

Last edited:
It's also quite important to note the substantial factor that they changed the environments of Kyoto to better fit it's surrounding in real life.
It's all well and good whining that Kyoto is more sparse now or the trees are different etc. but at the end of the day GTS looks like the same 3 trees copy pasted everywhere and GT7 isn't. The entire environment is different.

As Dave says, a picture that's not a Nokia photo of a monitor would also help. It's not hard to say "this tree looks bad" when the photo you have sent us compresses trees into a line of three pixels.

Actually you know what, don't worry about it. I'll do it for you, but do you one better.

1674952513114.jpeg

1674952524992.jpeg

1674952556295.png
1674952569489.png

Oh but GTS is so much better! I love how the tops of the mountains are smooth, and every tree model is the same.. just like a PS2 game!
Wait a second.

Oh well, let's move on shall we? How about the other view.
1674952649640.jpeg

1674952661868.jpeg

I love how the mountain top is flat and polygonal! It's so realistic! I hate it when games put detail on things like GT7 does.
But maybe Kyoto is a bad example. How about Spa? That doesn't change environments like Kyoto does.

1674952750544.jpeg

1674952759693.jpeg

1674952921438.png

1674952933475.png

I love how everything back there is flat in GTS with no lighting. It really sells it to me, makes me feel like I'm there.

To answer your question, nobody is talking about it because it's a load of utter tripe. Sod off with this fear mongering malarkey. It's absolutely pointless. Making a rage thread on the internet posting terrible compressed photos and using it to spread misinformation. Very cool.

Last edited:
I don't know how nobody talks about this....but the difference between graphics among the 2 games is massive. Look at how much worse GT7 looks compared to GT Sport.
The backround envirorments in GT7 look like PS2 backgrounds. Let these 2 pictures do the rest of the talking.

GT Sport PS4 PRO/PS5 BC

GT7 PS4 PRO/PS5 BC
On your controller you have a button for taking and sharing screenshots. You’ll get much better pictures that way.

As for the low quality of the LOD models, that’s likely because you’re playing the PS4 version of a game that was built for the PS5, so in order to make it run on old hardware some sacrifices had to be made.

Why do people care so much about graphics?
When you're in game you don't see the difference anyway.
Graphics don't make a game better or worse. Gameplay does. Content does. Graphics don't.

Yes, once a certain level/standard is met, its diminishing returns imo. Super pretty graphics and presentation won't keep people engaged for long, if the gameplay, content is lacking. Probably helps with marketing/sales though...

It's like the debate about Le Mans and trees the other week, I would honestly never have noticed it and other stuff if I hadn't read it on here. Each to their own, but probably a tiny % of players that care/notice about that kind of thing.

Always thought the gt7 ps5 level of visual fidelity is just right. Why? Because I hope the target is maintaining the quality with psvr2. I think psvr2 was a target device to hit from day 1. Therefore Ps4/Ps5/PsVR2 rollout makes sense from the same base code. Now for PsVR2 the target device is Ps5+PsVR2 with foveated rendering. Hope we will get the new standard in HQ visual VR racegame + Stable framerate, plug and play comfort. It realy helps they can optimse for 1 combination of console type + VR headset. Hardware + Software inhouse. Can’t wait!

To answer your question, nobody is talking about it because it's a load of utter tripe. Sod off with this fear mongering malarkey. It's absolutely pointless. Making a rage thread on the internet posting terrible compressed photos and using it to spread misinformation. Very cool.
Next time make your point without the personal attacks.

Its a racing game. The Cars look stunningly, so whats the point in counting trees, especially when you are flying with 200kph around them.
So stop splitting hairs and enjoy the drive 😁
That tree fetish in GT7 is unreal

Its a racing game. The Cars look stunningly, so whats the point in counting trees, especially when you are flying with 200kph around them.
So stop splitting hairs and enjoy the drive 😁
It's a driving game. People like looking at the scenery when driving.

The cars look stunning in Scapes but most people play in hood or bumper cam so they don't see much of the cars themselves anyway, so what's the point of making anything look good in a modern AAA game?

It's a driving game. People like looking at the scenery when driving.

The cars look stunning in Scapes but most people play in hood or bumper cam so they don't see much of the cars themselves anyway, so what's the point of making anything look good in a modern AAA game?
judging by the gameplay videos I see online, most people actually use chase cam - it's only the hardcore who use other views

Kyoto is actually one of the improved circuits visually and interactively. Visually, with the redone curbs, spectator movement around the course. Interactively, with better dirt & grass pick up at curb apexes and the time & weather changes.
Maybe Northern Isle, Blue Moon Bay and Broadbean would be better to compare GTS vs GT7. Whether improved or not.

Yeah sure, the blue Audi avant etc at the Nordschleife and La Sarte etc next to the buildings are not that nice on PS4......, but if you noticed that you need to uppen your speed :lol:
I realy don't care that much, i'm in cockpit or hoodcam and don't realy have much time to look around :lol:

Yeah, they put very little effort into this game... Look at the buildings in Tokyo if you really want a laugh! I think the PS2 games DID look better than the textures at Tokyo, lol.

Physics are broken, they used low-poly textures for everything but the cars, they courted no one of import in the automotive industry to license content (FIA, Super GT, hell even Indy Car would have been something...) and now the updates have slowed with the offline still half finished. With each passing day I'm more and more convinced that GT7 is abandonware.

Back