GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments
Because PD are so careful in reproduction of every detail of the tracks that they even reproduced all the graffiti at nurb.... turn10 instead invent the graffiti (and a lot of other details) because they are not so careful in the reproduction of the tracks.... in conclusion in FM the tracks are a mix of reality and turn10 fantasy
How come PD missed all the brake marker boards from Brands Hatch then? Or the very low level of track surface feedback?

Does that mean that PD are not so careful in the reproduction of the tracks.... in conclusion in GT the tracks are a mix of reality and PD fantasy?

That's a nice touch then if that's the case, one up on GT anyway, at least as far as GT1-6 are concerned. Has anyone tested torque steer in GTS?
I have (and in fairness GT6 did patch a degree of torque steer into it eventually), its present but dumbed down, certainly from reality and more disappointingly from the Copper Box build.

I do not care about how other games play, because all games try to simulate the real sound of cars, which is what counts.
Feeling a bit of video comparing with real cars, the sound is very similar to real. It's still not perfect because they have to add nuances and calibrate some of the volume of audio components of the engine and gearbox, but what I've heard is doing a great job, even for environmental sounds.

PS: By the way, PD, for each car view, apply different sounds just to simulate the sounds for the different views of the car and they are really very few to do it, others just use the same sound For all views.
GTS has certainly improved sound wise from past titles in the series, but its still a way behind most of the other titles on the market, as for different sounds for different views? Pretty much every title on the market does this now, some even allow you to pick with mix you want with which view (DC for example).

comment about the beta, but remember that.... is a beta
And?

That doesn't make the point invalid at all, right now Brands Hatch (and its not alone) is missing a massive amount from it, and given PD's track record I'm not quite as sure as you are that they will fix it all for launch.

You opened the door for this area of comparison and you used the beta as a point of comparison, don't try and shift the goal posts you set-up when it comes back.

If a beta looks better than other retail games, try to imagine how beautiful will be the final build

Anyway I apologize if I like GT, maybe I'm on the wrong website
Graphical fidelity will remain largely the same, probably unchanged completely. Try imagining us going off what we actually know, instead of pretending things might be different.

However, if that's the way that you're going to approach PD and their game, I fail to see how you wouldn't approach Forza the same way.

If a beta looks better than other retail games, try to imagine how beautiful will be the final build
If that's you main criteria then its most likely the game for you, that not however the same for everyone. Plus we have had instances in the past of a GT title being visually downgraded to up framerate performance, and given that the beta can't hit a solid 60fps even on a Pro I we can't say that will not be the case again.

No need to applogise, but you also need to understand that GTP isn't just a GT site and this thread most certainly isn't.

We're not here to compare imaginations.

:rolleyes:

This is the place to be for GT. It's also the place to be for a variety of other games.

People are taking issue with your repeated cherry-picking. It's a bit like comparing any of GT6's Standard cars to the Forza/PCARS equivalents that have a fully modeled interior, and then claiming that makes either of those games best. The tunnel comparison is a great example: you take the worst instance from one game — which, I must say after actually playing it, is not very representative of what I saw — and compare it to a pre-rendered trailer.

in his defence, I must say I am convinced that he is ...hard-wired that way, and to me he is not trying to troll us intentionally.
ela emula! evviva!! :cheers:

But the other games are also not finished, and are slated to be released at about the same time. So it is fair to compare them, and it is a new game with new tech under the hood, so even a beta should put all the other games that are commercialbe available right now, on any platform to shame.

Last edited:
EMbh6g0.png

89MoW3i.png

OxBXRwL.png

I saw AC's version and I think it gets closer but I dont have the dlc, anyone want to take screens?

Well,@Scaff is right..
GT strength isn't the track accuracy.
Real World track like Brands Hatch in GT Sport is just an visual upgrade on the basis of the track they already got in GT6.
Sure that the same is for tracks as nordschleife or mount panorama.

They Really should have redone a complete laser scan with newest technology for GTS instead recycling what they got.

Gran Turismo 6:
granturismo6_6ryusm.png

Gran Turismo Sport :
241granturismosportclniutq.png

Something wrong with the GT Sport cockpit view.
This pilot head movements right, left , rear and front are unrealistic even more with a 4 point belt helped by the pilot resisting with his muscles.
This would not be important but it disturb a lot the player , turning very hard to define a precise driving line due to the moving lateral angle of view.
Video 1 GTS , check at 28 seconds.

Video 2 asseto corsa, still the front rear inertia effect but less, and no lateral effect. This give a lot more precision in your driving inputs.

Are those shots from an HDR video which are being shown without colour correction by any chance?

Nice to see M. Rossi's brother (or sister?) at the top of the rankings in the GTS shot.

the jaggies difference is pretty big emula. think that it is a beta thing?
also, I think gts cars look more... how can I say... plastic?
:P :cheers:

no, is a you tube thing... the direct feed screenshots on PRO are aliasing free :P

Rather ... why the grass strip on the left in FM7 is twice as big as the real one? Laser scan fail?

Are those shots from an HDR video which are being shown without colour correction by any chance?

no, in that video colors are correct

Last edited:
Back