GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments
well, thank you, you just proved me right again (cit.)

the graffiti (and a lot of other particulars) ar totally different from the real nurb
May I ask why you're so focused on the fantasy graffiti in Forza?

May I ask why you're so focused on the fantasy graffiti in Forza?

Because PD are so careful in reproduction of every detail of the tracks that they even reproduced all the graffiti at nurb.... turn10 instead invent the graffiti (and a lot of other details) because they are not so careful in the reproduction of the tracks.... in conclusion in FM the tracks are a mix of reality and turn10 fantasy

Because PD are so careful in reproduction of every detail of the tracks that they even reproduced all the graffiti at nurb.... turn10 instead invent the graffiti (and a lot of other details) because they are not so careful in the reproduction of the tracks
Ok, but why are you so focused on such a minor detail? Whats sort of grievances does this cause? Or is this just something to point out for no other reason than to have a death-grasp on over Forza as a "GT does this better!" situation? This seems like a relatively mundane thing to go over.

What I notice in GTs is that the road texture looks extremely flat compared to the real track. It seems to be a hit and a miss with the accuracy of these very minor details.

Ok, but why are you so focused on such a minor detail? Whats sort of grievances does this cause? Or is this just something to point out for no other reason than to have a death-grasp on over Forza as a "GT does this better!" situation? This seems like a relatively mundane thing to go over.

What I notice in GTs is that the road texture looks extremely flat compared to the real track. It seems to be a hit and a miss with the accuracy of these very minor details.
If you create something based on reality every detail is very important, particularly in the motorsport and on tracks as the nurburgring where pilots take reference points for braking, etc...

Then from T10 we also expect something more. Ok the extreme outsourcing on every aspect and all that it involve, but from a first party studio with an high budget you expect something more.

If you create something based on reality every detail is very important, particularly in the motorsport and on tracks as the nurburgring where pilots take reference points for braking, etc...

Then from T10 we also expect something more. Ok the extreme outsourcing on every aspect and all that it involve, but from a first party studio with an high budget you expect something more.
Pity they don't apply the same rigour to their handling model or many other aspects of the game. You constantly hear people banging on about how Kaz and PDi are perfectionists but many elements of the game do not bear this out. They are perfectionists when it comes to what they deem important but seem to pay little attention to other elements. Many people deem other things to be just as important.

@marcvic, I think this would be a better spot for the videos we were talking about.

Ok, so I've come to find out that I absolutely hate Forza's replay angles. They leave a lot to be desired. That, as well as the fact that the Ring was mostly covered in shadows, making it harder to get a clear video lol.

What I've noticed is that the tire compound really makes a difference in how much deformation there is. I noticed while playing the Evora, it wasn't as prominent as the GTR was with the slicks. What I need to do is find a good place to get some air off, Going off regular track boundaries, there wasn't many instances introducing themselves, so I'll have to hunt that down later.

As it sits, I think GTSs is represented better visually. I haven't tested FM through a jump yet, but I don't imagine in being too different than what I already posted with these two videos.

As for the Evora with changes of camber during air-time, like mentioned I didn't find any good area to get good air off of within normal track boundaries so I'll keep an eye out for this as well. I did find a tiny area to get some slight air off of, camber did revert to 0, and went slightly positive. I think if I can get a better jump the results would have been slightly better.

Also, I'm not sure why I didn't use a road-going GTR, instead of the Production vehicle lol.

welcome Robot, replays is my worst thing about forza too.

here's some tire defo and hydroslip replay. but no fancy stuff like edits/closeups/slowmos as the gts videos, so you have to look for it.

Because PD are so careful in reproduction of every detail of the tracks that they even reproduced all the graffiti at nurb.... turn10 instead invent the graffiti (and a lot of other details) because they are not so careful in the reproduction of the tracks.... in conclusion in FM the tracks are a mix of reality and turn10 fantasy

Who are you to say it's a matter of being careful, so much as it's a deliberate production decision to avoid getting bogged down in the minutiae of track-side objects? It strikes me simply as two different approaches to the same problem.

forza motorsport is a flagship microsoft game. its rated PG: EVERYONE
of course some things are ..cleaned up. let's say censored. I guess this is very hard to comprehend, not only for my italian friend.
oh well.... I guess we'll be seeing that cleaned-up wall and versions of it until kingdom come.. :D

How unsurprising is it that a member who cherry picks pics of the competition repeatedly is would be the one addressing such a small detail.

Guy might as well be a troll posting bait.

I tend to relearn braking points for each different game, as they never seem to be similar spanning across. I understand the want for recreation of reality, but is this really such a major issue? Are we to nitpic each and every small detail of reality that is not accurately reconstructed in such a way? I'm sure there would be issues from both games if we were to pick up on such minute things. I think its a nice positive detail to have, but I don't really think we're gaining/losing anything.

From a first party studio with a high budget, releasing on a console 4 years down its lifespan, I'm sure there are plenty of things that people would say they'd expect more from. These games both have their weakness/strengths, but I don't think this is particularly constructive for anyone involved, or a good way to gauge between the two games.

So why is emula the bad guy here? Seems like any time somebody proves a point where GT does something better than another game, that person gets attacked by a dog pile. Yet, I'm forced to dig through post after post of GT/PD slams to find any useful info, and people seem to think that OK.

If every detail is important why do the cars in GTS sound like they are from a 2005 game?

MMX
So why is emula the bad guy here? Seems like any time somebody proves a point where GT does something better than another game, that person gets attacked by a dog pile. Yet, I'm forced to dig through post after post of GT/PD slams to find any useful info, and people seem to think that OK.

Yeah not sure what the problem is. The graffiti being accurate is a cool little detail that adds authenticity. His comparisons are pretty nice to see and I appreciate the effort.

If he has done some cherry picking before than fair enough, but the last page is like for like comparisons between FM6 and GTSport at the same part of the track.

If he has done some cherry picking before than fair enough, but the last page is like for like comparisons between FM6 and GTSport at the same part of the track.
I think the issue is that he's doing it not for the fact to discuss and talk about the prowess/shortcomings of both games, but more so rather than to flamebait a discussion into something negative.

Things like
Turn10 instead invent the graffiti (and a lot of other details) because they are not so careful in the reproduction of the tracks....
and odd comparisons like
FM7
ultpsvL.jpg

GTS
f5JwD6.gif
Between a CGI trailer and an horribly contrasted image of a tunnel?

It's hard to take it as anything other as bait, to be honest.

MMX
Go to the front page. It's arguably the easiest way to get all info on the game up to this point. Especially since the forums is where all the discussions are at, its going to make things particularly more difficult to find.

@ImaRobot to be fair, that tunnel screenshot caused a lot of discussion at Neo Gaf as well. I can see how he might not be giving T10 the credit they deserve though 👍 . Just think it's a little harsh.

MMX
Aaah another person with the claim "bad guy", alright listen my friend there is no such thing as a good guy or a bad guy in these forums. Some people merely choose to have a favorable game (that is ok). However if that person claims something that is not right or "a false statement" that is where I jump in by stating that the statement is indeed false or true backed up by research and facts. The point has been proven that the difference in Forza is indeed different than reality but not by so far to call it inaccurate or a "fantasy game". Because there are also some things that Forza recreates or does better than GT. Suppose you do not believe that even PD could have some inaccuracies in their Nurburgring build or any other real world track (*cough* Brands Hatch *cough*)

Nobody is slamming emula or any other person in here. They are merely sharing their thought or opinion on behalf of their quotes. However if you choose to see it the other way then it could not be helped.

There really should not be a good guy vs bad guy thing going on smh.:rolleyes:

@ImaRobot to be fair, that tunnel screenshot caused a lot of discussion at Neo Gaf as well. I can see how he might not be giving T10 the credit they deserve though 👍 . Just think it's a little harsh.
Which is fine on its own, because that's honestly the worst looking out of every Forza iteration so far. Makes sense that people are having an issue with it.

In context to the actual comparison, though, what is fair when comparing an in-game image of a dark tunnel compared to a CGI trailer used for promotion using non-gameplay animation?

@ImaRobot The trailer wasn't CGI though. It's probably enhanced with higher quality DOF and LOD for all cars but I don't see why the game can look any different. We've already seen the AMG at Tokyo at sunset video and it's equally pretty.

@ImaRobot The trailer wasn't CGI though. It's probably enhanced with higher quality DOF and LOD for all cars but I don't see why the game can look any different. We've already seen the AMG at Tokyo at sunset video and it's equally pretty.
Long gone are the days that major trailers for games have such a divide as something like the Pre-rendered Final Fantasy scenes, compared to actual gameplay, but I don't think any trailer is particularly representative of what the actual game is capable of within the hardware it's performing on. Even less those that aren't using "actual gameplay" Footage( use that term loosely, because even than they seem like bullshots as well.)

That Tokyo track at sunset fits perfectly well into that bracket as well. They do make beautiful games, but the trailers are more so.

MMX
nobody is the bad guy. all are good guys! even those who don't want to understand :cheers:

fm6. heavy car, with suspension a bit lose for fun. @ImaRobot I think in Virginia Raceway there might be some places suitable for jumps :D

edit: "gameplay assets footage" could mean/we have seen it , renders of extremely high resolutions of full quality assets then downscale. like a farm of console needed to do that runtime LOL

Last edited:

Which is fine on its own, because that's honestly the worst looking out of every Forza iteration so far. Makes sense that people are having an issue with it.

In context to the actual comparison, though, what is fair when comparing an in-game image of a dark tunnel compared to a CGI trailer used for promotion using non-gameplay animation?
INGAME tunnel entering of both games and both are WIP still.
GT SPORT starts at 0:53

Forza 7 starts at 5:25

It is not as bad as it shown in the image and sorry for the washed look due to the capture card from a 4K HDR gameplay, because the one from gamersyde has the car in cockpit view:banghead:

nobody is the bad guy. all are good guys! even those who don't want to understand :cheers:

fm6. heavy car, with suspension a bit lose for fun. @ImaRobot I think in Virginia Raceway there might be some places suitable for jumps :D

edit: "gameplay assets footage" could mean/we have seen it , renders of extremely high resolutions of full quality assets then downscale. like a farm of console needed to do that runtime LOL
I notice some torque based movement of the entire car when revving the engine. Does anyone know if that's physics based or just visual?

INGAME tunnel entering of both games and both are WIP still.
GT SPORT starts at 0:53

Forza 7 starts at 5:25

It is not as bad as it shown in the image and sorry for the washed look due to the capture card from a 4K HDR gameplay, because the one from gamersyde has the car in cockpit view:banghead:

Well what can be say for sure? The Forza have 100% the better sound inside the tunnel especially!!!

I notice some torque based movement of the entire car when revving the engine. Does anyone know if that's physics based or just visual?
I've seen it visually for quite some time, but I'm not too sure how I'd check into the physics behind it.

I've seen it visually for quite some time, but I'm not too sure how I'd check into the physics behind it.
I wondered if it was ever mentioned by T10. Is Forza like GT where you can floor any car and do a mile long burn out without having to worry about torque steer? If so I'd say it's probably just visual and not physics based.

I wondered if it was ever mentioned by T10. Is Forza like GT where you can floor any car and do a mile long burn out without having to worry about torque steer? If so I'd say it's probably just visual and not physics based.
Nope, throttle modulation as well as input is necessary at launches or you'll spin. Depending on the drivetrain of course.

Lower powered vehicles don't have an issue as much as the higher ones, for obvious reasons.

Nope, throttle modulation as well as input is necessary at launches or you'll spin. Depending on the drivetrain of course.

Lower powered vehicles don't have an issue as much as the higher ones, for obvious reasons.
That's a nice touch then if that's the case, one up on GT anyway, at least as far as GT1-6 are concerned. Has anyone tested torque steer in GTS?

physics based.

as I wrote, I made the suspension a little loose for fun. If I tighten it up, weight shift effects tighten too. not only the rev-up when still, but also the way car shifts to the back every gear change, braking, direction change, everything.

here I made same thing -with only suspension tightened, everything else (tire type-width-pressure, weight, power etc) remains constant:

now you know ;)

Last edited:
Back