GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments
You are clearly not a driving God because you can't catch oversteer in AC. I know that's probably tough for you to hear as you have such a high opinion of yourself but hey wouldn't want to put words in your mouth. Come back when you can back up your claims with evidence. Or claim we are all out to get you and run away from the discussion.
The pot just called the toilet black.

Discussion? There was no discussion. Every point I made was completely ignored, every word I said changed, and words even added for myself 100% altogether.
Talking to you guys about AC would only work if I shared your opinion, you've all made that 100% clear.

I think AC is really good and kinda sucks. I actually believe a few of you will have a hard time sleeping now. :lol:

Discussion? There was no discussion. Every point I made was completely ignored, every word I said changed, and words even added for myself 100% altogether.
Talking to you guys about AC would only work if I shared your opinion, you've all made that 100% clear.
Do you actually understand what a discussion is? You came into this thread claiming AC was unrealistic because you found it impossible to catch oversteer. Several people refuted that claim. Your reason for your opinion was that you were so good at GT6 so you must be right as you knew all about driving. Those same people refuted your claims again and provided evidence of the 'impossible to catch oversteer' being caught. So we are at a bit of an impasse, you still claim it's impossible to catch oversteer, without providing any evidence, yet evidence has been provided that it isn't. Who to believe?

And now you are shooting your mouth of in a huff that we are all out to get you? Provide your evidence as others have and we can discuss it.

Well at least I seem to have finally gotten you kids off the braking topic. Wow. That was actually pretty hard.

In reverse, yes, cars drive as though they have rear wheel steering. I'm not arguing that.
GTPlanet seems to have some really obtuse members.

Why? So you can change my words and argue a strawman? I'll mention flugplatz and you'll talk about Laguna Seca? I think not.

No, it's not. If you can read, that is.
I pretty clearly said powersliding quite a few times.
Interesting how such intelligent people can "miss" all words not pertinent to their false argument.

Even in humor don't enforce the AUP on only one member.
Let's talk about fictitious claims. (Oh I bet you missed those too, right?)

Oh, so my exaggerations don't fly? Two-sided much?

But you would have a problem listening, and not twisting my words.

Gonna pull that fictitious claim / AUP stuff.
If you're going to lie we're going to have problems.
Retract statement please and thank you.

Oh, videos of people drifting. You win. NFS is as real as anything.
Excellent point, welld made. 👍

So if I post a vid of mine not doing that, (when) what then?
A room full of people would be proven to have ignored the most important question asked because they were too busy flaming someone that dared bust on their precious?
"is it that same on XB1"? (Nobody answered, I asked twice now)

It's pretty clear the tone here is "AC is GOOOOODDDDD"
I would like to apologize to the GTPlanet AC fan club as I have not agreed with them!
Imagine the horror. And have a great day guys. Find another person that dislikes your game to flame.

P.S. Perhaps direct your energy toward flaming the people claiming miserable little games like Pcars and AC are going to "overthrow" GT. It's laughable. Albeit not in favor of the precious.

As long as you get flamed for 3 pages for saying you think you're good at racing and driving games, that's just fine.

I'll start.
How dare you call yourself a God? You think you're good at racing games, and that makes you good at racing games? How foolish. And another thing, you think playing games makes you better at playing games? What else? Running makes you faster? Oh and I suppose picking heavy things up would make you stronger too right?
What a joke!
So you refuse a polite request for more detail because it everyone will twist it and lie about it, and then top it off with some insults.

Not a strong way to support your case at all.

Those are big bold statement having no clue what the final product is going to be. Hoping and wishing is not the same as FACT

There were better smoke effects in the Copper Box build (so it is obviously there). You think PD will launch a PS4 racer without skidmarks? that would be embarrassing.

Nobody gives Forza enough credit for physics and realism.
I recently got Pcars, AC, FH3, and FM5.
FM5 more closely resembles real life driving and racing the best, overall, in my opinion.

AC could be great, if fix the oversteer/countersteer/steering issue and remove blatant understeer from many models. It's nearly impossible to catch once the rear gets free though.
If you ever watched captain slow drifting 600hp cars around TGTT, then you know correcting oversteer isn't supposed to be an exercise in futility.

Pcars I tried for 3 or more hours to make the steering resemble anything like a car...no dice.
Could be great for all I know, either it doesn't like my g920 or it's just a really messed up game.

FH3 is a lot of fun, with the most diverse and amazing car list ever. Better crash physics than any GT game ever made by miles. So much fun it's a crime.
Wheel is a little funny with it but tolerable. Too much oversteer in everything.

FM5 I haven't driven enough for a full analysis, but the balance of suspension and weight transfer is right between "sims" and GT, right where I always wanted it. Oversteer is not only correctable, but you can actually jump into a powerful car and powerslide out of exits as you would in a real car.

I always felt "sims" tend to overplay suspension and other things, ACs floating is no exception, and the tendancy in modern games to make powersliding actually seem difficult is disturbing.

So for now at least, FM is doing the best job of realism, because they got the one thing right everyone else messed up. Oversteer. It's not that hard to control, knock it off "sims". (it makes me wonder if the developers of "sims" couldn't find a good driver?) :lol: Maybe they think it's really hard? Idk...
I find out of all sim games I've played, Forza does the worst job regarding oversteer by a large margin, Assetto Corsa the best.

Do you actually understand what a discussion is? You came into this thread claiming AC was unrealistic because you found it impossible to catch oversteer. Several people refuted that claim. Your reason for your opinion was that you were so good at GT6 so you must be right as you knew all about driving. Those same people refuted your claims again and provided evidence of the 'impossible to catch oversteer' being caught. So we are at a bit of an impasse, you still claim it's impossible to catch oversteer, without providing any evidence, yet evidence has been provided that it isn't. Who to believe?

And now you are shooting your mouth of in a huff that we are all out to get you? Provide your evidence as others have and we can discuss it.
I'm still waiting on your retraction.
You said I called myself a driving God.

I'll ask once more. Retract please, and thank you.

So you refuse a polite request for more detail because it everyone will twist it and lie about it, and then top it off with some insults.

Not a strong way to support your case at all.
I already posted a few examples, one has been potentially refuted for the PC version.
If you can't remember the others, what's the point of typing more? Why spend my time typing to people who aren't reading it?

I find out of all sim games I've played, Forza does the worst job regarding oversteer by a large margin, Assetto Corsa the best.
I would say the opposite, as in my experience (in actual cars) tells me powersliding is relatively easy. Videos of hundreds of drivers doing it in a row on Youtube back me up on that.
A couple guys on GTPlanet pissed off that I don't like their game can't override that.

People powerslide and spin the wheels on RWD cars All. The. Time.
If it was as difficult as AC, they wouldn't.

@CSLACR if you want people to take you seriously, I advise you start bringing up points of discussion along with evidence and stop with the finger-pointing and insults.
Points?
Like my "point" that powersliding is a common every day occurance that has nowhere near the crash rate of AC?
My point that people do it constantly and there aren't sports cars in every bush around the world?

The only counter-argument I've heard to my original point is, "look, people can drift in AC". Which isn't a counter-point.

If you believe someone has broken the AUP then use the report buttons. However you are not a member of staff, so please stop instructing other members in what they have to do.

I already posted a few examples, one has been potentially refuted for the PC version.
If you can't remember the others, what's the point of typing more? Why spend my time typing to people who aren't reading it?
And I asked for some further clarification, and all that has happened is accusations of only wanting it to lie about it, twist it and then general insults.

Points?
Like my "point" that powersliding is a common every day occurance that has nowhere near the crash rate of AC?
My point that people do it constantly and there aren't sports cars in every bush around the world?

The only counter-argument I've heard to my original point is, "look, people can drift in AC". Which isn't a counter-point.
No the counter argument was that pretty much every else doesn't have the same issue that you are having.

And please don't double post.

You didn't write the words...

...I AM A RACING GOD!

In my opinion however, I think you believe you are. Look you don't have to go down this route. You're not great at driving in AC. That's fine, you're not any less of a man because of it. We can't all be great at everything. I, and others, find it much easier than you. Doesn't mean we are better than you.

Last edited:
Points?

points of discussion along with evidence

Oh, videos of people drifting. You win. NFS is as real as anything.
Excellent point, welld made. 👍

Because drifting is unrealistic? This must be fake then.

The point was that oversteer in AC is controllable. Because it is.

It's pretty clear the tone here is "AC is GOOOOODDDDD"
I would like to apologize to the GTPlanet AC fan club as I have not agreed with them!
Imagine the horror. And have a great day guys. Find another person that dislikes your game to flame.

P.S. Perhaps direct your energy toward flaming the people claiming miserable little games like Pcars and AC are going to "overthrow" GT. It's laughable. Albeit not in favor of the precious.

You're just getting salty now.

AC has it's issues, but uncatchable unrealistic oversteer isn't one of them. If you wanted to have an actual discussion about AC physics, you'd do as Scaff asked and nail it down to an actual example so that everyone could have a clear idea of what the problem is and be on the same page. As it is, you're complaining about stuff that on the face of it goes entirely against the experience the rest of us have had. Thus, unless you can actually show us what you have going on you're going to get told that you're doing it wrong.

I would say that your descriptions of what's going on are insufficient for this level of discussion. As highly as you might think of yourself, others don't accept your interpretation of events at face value.

If you want to get further into it, we're going to need to talk about video. It doesn't necessarily have to be of you driving, but it needs to clearly demonstrate whatever flaw you're trying to expose. Ideally it will include information on car setup so that we can replicate it ourselves if desired.

There were better smoke effects in the Copper Box build (so it is obviously there). You think PD will launch a PS4 racer without skidmarks? that would be embarrassing.
Was it you or maybe someone else just said that things from a year ago might be left out to maintain FPS and tearing? If they add things they might have to delete things too.

Yep, oversteer is impossible to catch.
If a game doesn't take 1,000 hours to be able to "learn" how to slide the rear without crashing it must not be real.
You and like minded people are what make myself and many others hate most "sims".
Driving is not that hard. I've done it. Ta-da...

AC went so far as to make sports cars drive like Buicks to "feel real" and it's laughable, but it gets suspension praise.
Pardon me but I find if someone thinks that's "great", they don't have enough knowledge about cars or how they behave to have a worthwhile opinion.
AC doesn't take a thousand hours to learn. It's also obvious that it is not me or like minded (you have drawn your own conclusion here based on your own lack of ability to handle AC like you can GT) that has made you hate most Sims, it's seemingly your refusal to adapt adapt and learn. I have 4 friends who have only played GT as far as more serious physics go and have now moved on to AC and manage to catch oversteer, except one of them of them who just can't get that it isn't like GT. 9 detect a pattern.

It's also interesting that Porsche are kindly letting their customers test what a Buick feels like in their sim.
It's a direct capture via HDMI to a capture card, those are the native volumes that the two put out.

I could boost the GTS Beta volume, but that would arguably not be representative of what you get out of the box.

It is however a great idea for a video, I will look tonight at what happens and how they compare if PC and AC are reduced to GTS levels and also the opposite.
It will be interesting to see if there are sound improvements in the next update for AC. Reverb is currently disabled since the last patch or two and a few cars ( Porsche in particular have been muted in cockpit view ).

Or they could simply be being objective about the current state of the game. That's an option too.

To some extent yes, but when we're talking about things like the realism of physics not so much. There's an objective reality for comparison.

Settle down, it's not that bad. The GTS sound is fine, it just lacks all the extra rattles and squeaks that pCARS has that makes it so dynamic. Also the balancing of the gear whine, but that's a known thing at the moment.

I wouldn't describe it as unacceptable. Underwhelming, but it's not actively awful like some of the GT6 sounds were.

]Not all car sounds were bad in GT5/6, the 458 Italia was pretty accurate just to name one, but the majority were bad to terribly annoying. I suspect ( well we have proof) GTS will be no different.

So I'm D1G and I don't know what speed to enter a corner?
That would certainly be consistent with things you've said about physics concepts in the past, like not needing to know how to respond to torque steer because to you
Finishing in the top 100 of the first GTAcademy (U.S.) with a DS3 was easy

Now, just like then:

There's nothing impressive about someone who talks himself up all the way up to the exact point that he has to actually defend what he was saying.

Was it you or maybe someone else just said that things from a year ago might be left out to maintain FPS and tearing? If they add things they might have to delete things too.

There is literally almost no smoke effects at the moment. C'mon on now.

I think AC is really good and kinda sucks. I actually believe a few of you will have a hard time sleeping now.
No one will have a hard time sleeping, your opinion isn't a fact. It isn't impossible to catch overseer in AC=fact. You could always post videos of yourself failing to catch overseer and driving sports car like Buick. I'm sure the problem will be discovered early. Who knows, perhaps this is why you haven't backed up your claims with evidence?

I already posted a few examples, one has been refuted for the PC version.

I would say the opposite, as in my experience (in actual cars) tells me powersliding is relatively easy. Videos of hundreds of drivers doing it in a row on Youtube back me up on that.
A couple guys on GTPlanet pissed off that I don't like their game can't override that.

People powerslide and spin the wheels on RWD cars All. The. Time.
If it was as difficult as AC, they wouldn't.
No one is pissed off that you don't like a particular game and I haven't spotted a single post calling you out on not liking the game. It seams that you aren't even comprehending the discussion. That or/and your ego has taken a massive hit that others aren't struggling with AC the way a D1G is.

Entertaining thread, guys I have to contribute my comparison videos too, laughing to several videos shown here.

Guess which sound better, direct upload from PS4 to YouTube or lossy record with phone from real 5.1 headset?
Answer you can hear on your own, and that record from YouTube is far away how it sounds when headset is on my head.

Don't think at GTS is so bad sounding as few people over here are trying to say/show, if their audio systems are not producing quality sounds don't blame PD, buy better ones or ask kindly from PD if they're nice and add support to those crap sound systems. LOL
If you're using xxxxx €/$ sound system and it's not producing good sound on GTS try first to do proper setup on your system, or buy something what's supported by PD :lol::gtpflag:

Edit: few extras, sad at there was only mini oval for gr3 available today, but these few cars are giving slight example how different it actually sound comparing to previously shown videos:

Don't look how I drive, just listen.. (crap driving with R8 and C7)

Last edited:
The GTS sound still isn't as good as I was hoping and it sounds to me as though they've just reworked the GT6 sounds. Kaz always has a habit of creating hype, but he's somewhat wide of the mark yet again. PCARS does it better.

Entertaining thread, guys I have to contribute my comparison videos too, laughing to several videos shown here.

Guess which sound better, direct upload from PS4 to YouTube or lossy record with phone from real 5.1 headset?
Answer you can hear on your own, and that record from YouTube is far away how it sounds when headset is on my head.

Don't think at GTS is so bad sounding as few people over here are trying to say/show, if their audio systems are not producing quality sounds don't blame PD, buy better ones or ask kindly from PD if they're nice and add support to those crap sound systems. LOL
If you're using xxxxx €/$ sound system and it's not producing good sound on GTS try first to do proper setup on your system, or buy something what's supported by PD :lol::gtpflag:

Edit: few extras, sad at there was only mini oval for gr3 available today, but these few cars are giving slight example how different it actually sound comparing to previously shown videos:

Don't look how I drive, just listen.. (crap driving with R8 and C7)

All along it's been my sound system and not the sounds from GT games:idea:. Who knew that only certain amps/speakers/subs were supported by PD? I guess I'm lucky that in just about every other game I play, those devs chose to support my system and they all sound pretty good, if not great, depending on the game. Tell us please, which of our expensive systems or components are supported by PD and which are not? Do you have a link handy so we can look them up?:lol: Where did you learn this important information?

Don't worry about it....we get a good laugh every time you post :D
2aea9e7ed3ddbd5f9ae1bebd76e1f59b.jpg

All along it's been my sound system and not the sounds from GT games:idea:. Who knew that only certain amps/speakers/subs were supported by PD? I guess I'm lucky that in just about every other game I play, those devs chose to support my system and they all sound pretty good, if not great, depending on the game. Tell us please, which of our expensive systems or components are supported by PD and which are not? Do you have a link handy so we can look them up?:lol: Where did you learn this important information?

"Ultimate tuning guide"' contains that information, just on next page after Assetto Corsa FFB guide part.

Your amp and speakers need a PS4 compatibility security chip. ;)

If you're using xxxxx €/$ sound system and it's not producing good sound on GTS try first to do proper setup on your system, or buy something what's supported by PD
I use a Yamaha A-S 300 stereo amplifier, which isn't high end, but has a fantastic quality for its price range.
My speakers are custom made and sound like something you'd find, compared with what I could hear so far, in the ~2500€ - 4000€ range. My headphones are Sennheiser HD650 and I have a ASUS Xonar Essence STX audiocard in my PC.
I worked on semi-professional CD recordings, game audio and sound effects of other stuff, I know what I'm talking about.
Recording with your cellphone from your headset and uploading to YouTube will only alter the sound to something not representative. Now go play some more on your 150€ 5.1 gaming headset and let grown up people talk about this stuff.

Back in Pcars1 days the devs said they had a great smoke model but had to back off on it because it is CPU demanding. So time will tell

But they have smoke effects (even if it is basic)

Also no respect to SMS but PD are substantially more resourceful. I see your point, but some features should be there by default.

I use a Yamaha A-S 300 stereo amplifier, which isn't high end, but has a fantastic quality for its price range.
My speakers are custom made and sound like something you'd find, compared with what I could hear so far, in the ~2500€ - 4000€ range. My headphones are Sennheiser HD650 and I have a ASUS Xonar Essence STX audiocard in my PC.
I worked on semi-professional CD recordings, game audio and sound effects of other stuff, I know what I'm talking about.
Recording with your cellphone from your headset and uploading to YouTube will only alter the sound to something not representative. Now go play some more on your 150€ 5.1 gaming headset and let grown up people talk about this stuff.
Well done, at least my crap headset is properly tuned and using correct signal and cables for audio.
Keep going, good conversation, I'll just leave, my crappy "GTi" needs to refuel, gonna put some highly expensive diesel in it.

Well done, at least my crap headset is properly tuned and using correct signal and cables for audio.
Keep going, good conversation, I'll just leave, my crappy "GTi" needs to refuel, gonna put some highly expensive diesel in it.
You recorded your headset (from which we don't know how good it is) with your cellphone (crappy microphone, already not even close to what you hear with your real ears and who knows in what codec), uploaded it to YouTube (even more compression on top), to prove that your sound system is better than the direct audio of the PS4 (which is actually what you're feeding your headset with) and now you want to argue with cable quality?

Amazing, a-effing-mazing.

Oh great, it's been a while since the "it's not the game, it's the sound system" excuse came up. :lol:
If you need to invest in an expensive sound system/headset to get cars that sound correctly then that title fails regardless.

It's the exact same argument as saying you can't judge a racing game's physics if you don't have a wheel - which I find baffling every time it comes up. :lol: Don't get me wrong, certain devs in the past have seemingly tried their hardest to isolate pad users to back this up.

Back