GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Apr 27, 2017.

1. CSLACR

CSLACR

The pot just called the toilet black.

Discussion? There was no discussion. Every point I made was completely ignored, every word I said changed, and words even added for myself 100% altogether.
    Talking to you guys about AC would only work if I shared your opinion, you've all made that 100% clear.

I think AC is really good and kinda sucks. I actually believe a few of you will have a hard time sleeping now. :lol:

2. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Do you actually understand what a discussion is? You came into this thread claiming AC was unrealistic because you found it impossible to catch oversteer. Several people refuted that claim. Your reason for your opinion was that you were so good at GT6 so you must be right as you knew all about driving. Those same people refuted your claims again and provided evidence of the 'impossible to catch oversteer' being caught. So we are at a bit of an impasse, you still claim it's impossible to catch oversteer, without providing any evidence, yet evidence has been provided that it isn't. Who to believe?

And now you are shooting your mouth of in a huff that we are all out to get you? Provide your evidence as others have and we can discuss it.

3. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

So you refuse a polite request for more detail because it everyone will twist it and lie about it, and then top it off with some insults.

Not a strong way to support your case at all.

4. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

There were better smoke effects in the Copper Box build (so it is obviously there). You think PD will launch a PS4 racer without skidmarks? that would be embarrassing.

5. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

I find out of all sim games I've played, Forza does the worst job regarding oversteer by a large margin, Assetto Corsa the best.

freedom1104, Scaff and PzR Slim like this.
  6. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

@CSLACR if you want people to take you seriously, I advise you start bringing up points of discussion along with evidence and stop with the finger-pointing and insults.

diesel97, Imari and Scaff like this.
  7. CSLACR

CSLACR

I'm still waiting on your retraction.
    You said I called myself a driving God.

I'll ask once more. Retract please, and thank you.

I already posted a few examples, one has been potentially refuted for the PC version.
    If you can't remember the others, what's the point of typing more? Why spend my time typing to people who aren't reading it?

I would say the opposite, as in my experience (in actual cars) tells me powersliding is relatively easy. Videos of hundreds of drivers doing it in a row on Youtube back me up on that.
    A couple guys on GTPlanet pissed off that I don't like their game can't override that.

People powerslide and spin the wheels on RWD cars All. The. Time.
    If it was as difficult as AC, they wouldn't.

8. CSLACR

CSLACR

Points?
    Like my "point" that powersliding is a common every day occurance that has nowhere near the crash rate of AC?
    My point that people do it constantly and there aren't sports cars in every bush around the world?

The only counter-argument I've heard to my original point is, "look, people can drift in AC". Which isn't a counter-point.

9. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

If you believe someone has broken the AUP then use the report buttons. However you are not a member of staff, so please stop instructing other members in what they have to do.

And I asked for some further clarification, and all that has happened is accusations of only wanting it to lie about it, twist it and then general insults.

No the counter argument was that pretty much every else doesn't have the same issue that you are having.

And please don't double post.

Imari likes this.
  10. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

You didn't write the words...

...I AM A RACING GOD!

In my opinion however, I think you believe you are. Look you don't have to go down this route. You're not great at driving in AC. That's fine, you're not any less of a man because of it. We can't all be great at everything. I, and others, find it much easier than you. Doesn't mean we are better than you.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  11. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

Imari and Scaff like this.
  12. Imari

Imari

Because drifting is unrealistic? This must be fake then.

The point was that oversteer in AC is controllable. Because it is.

You're just getting salty now.

AC has it's issues, but uncatchable unrealistic oversteer isn't one of them. If you wanted to have an actual discussion about AC physics, you'd do as Scaff asked and nail it down to an actual example so that everyone could have a clear idea of what the problem is and be on the same page. As it is, you're complaining about stuff that on the face of it goes entirely against the experience the rest of us have had. Thus, unless you can actually show us what you have going on you're going to get told that you're doing it wrong.

I would say that your descriptions of what's going on are insufficient for this level of discussion. As highly as you might think of yourself, others don't accept your interpretation of events at face value.

If you want to get further into it, we're going to need to talk about video. It doesn't necessarily have to be of you driving, but it needs to clearly demonstrate whatever flaw you're trying to expose. Ideally it will include information on car setup so that we can replicate it ourselves if desired.

PzR Slim likes this.
  13. diesel97

diesel97

Was it you or maybe someone else just said that things from a year ago might be left out to maintain FPS and tearing? If they add things they might have to delete things too.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  14. AC doesn't take a thousand hours to learn. It's also obvious that it is not me or like minded (you have drawn your own conclusion here based on your own lack of ability to handle AC like you can GT) that has made you hate most Sims, it's seemingly your refusal to adapt adapt and learn. I have 4 friends who have only played GT as far as more serious physics go and have now moved on to AC and manage to catch oversteer, except one of them of them who just can't get that it isn't like GT. 9 detect a pattern.

It's also interesting that Porsche are kindly letting their customers test what a Buick feels like in their sim.
    It will be interesting to see if there are sound improvements in the next update for AC. Reverb is currently disabled since the last patch or two and a few cars ( Porsche in particular have been muted in cockpit view ).

]Not all car sounds were bad in GT5/6, the 458 Italia was pretty accurate just to name one, but the majority were bad to terribly annoying. I suspect ( well we have proof) GTS will be no different.

Imari and diesel97 like this.
  15. Tornado

Tornado

That would certainly be consistent with things you've said about physics concepts in the past, like not needing to know how to respond to torque steer because to you

Now, just like then:

bremics, Imari and lancia delta hf like this.
  16. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

There is literally almost no smoke effects at the moment. C'mon on now.

oneloops likes this.
  17. No one will have a hard time sleeping, your opinion isn't a fact. It isn't impossible to catch overseer in AC=fact. You could always post videos of yourself failing to catch overseer and driving sports car like Buick. I'm sure the problem will be discovered early. Who knows, perhaps this is why you haven't backed up your claims with evidence?

No one is pissed off that you don't like a particular game and I haven't spotted a single post calling you out on not liking the game. It seams that you aren't even comprehending the discussion. That or/and your ego has taken a massive hit that others aren't struggling with AC the way a D1G is.

bremics, freedom1104 and Imari like this.
  18. diesel97

diesel97

Back in Pcars1 days the devs said they had a great smoke model but had to back off on it because it is CPU demanding. So time will tell

19. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

Entertaining thread, guys I have to contribute my comparison videos too, laughing to several videos shown here.

Guess which sound better, direct upload from PS4 to YouTube or lossy record with phone from real 5.1 headset?
    Answer you can hear on your own, and that record from YouTube is far away how it sounds when headset is on my head.

Don't think at GTS is so bad sounding as few people over here are trying to say/show, if their audio systems are not producing quality sounds don't blame PD, buy better ones or ask kindly from PD if they're nice and add support to those crap sound systems. LOL
    If you're using xxxxx €/$ sound system and it's not producing good sound on GTS try first to do proper setup on your system, or buy something what's supported by PD :lol::gtpflag:

Edit: few extras, sad at there was only mini oval for gr3 available today, but these few cars are giving slight example how different it actually sound comparing to previously shown videos:

Don't look how I drive, just listen.. (crap driving with R8 and C7)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Firehuntah and GordonS like this.
  20. Ian_83

Ian_83

The GTS sound still isn't as good as I was hoping and it sounds to me as though they've just reworked the GT6 sounds. Kaz always has a habit of creating hype, but he's somewhat wide of the mark yet again. PCARS does it better.

Imari and Johnnypenso like this.
  21. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Don't worry about it....we get a good laugh every time you post :D

22. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

All along it's been my sound system and not the sounds from GT games:idea:. Who knew that only certain amps/speakers/subs were supported by PD? I guess I'm lucky that in just about every other game I play, those devs chose to support my system and they all sound pretty good, if not great, depending on the game. Tell us please, which of our expensive systems or components are supported by PD and which are not? Do you have a link handy so we can look them up?:lol: Where did you learn this important information?

23. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

2aea9e7ed3ddbd5f9ae1bebd76e1f59b.jpg

"Ultimate tuning guide"' contains that information, just on next page after Assetto Corsa FFB guide part.

24. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

Oh great, it's been a while since the "it's not the game, it's the sound system" excuse came up. :lol:

25. Ian_83

Ian_83

Your amp and speakers need a PS4 compatibility security chip. ;)

26. G.T.Ace

G.T.Ace

I use a Yamaha A-S 300 stereo amplifier, which isn't high end, but has a fantastic quality for its price range.
    My speakers are custom made and sound like something you'd find, compared with what I could hear so far, in the ~2500€ - 4000€ range. My headphones are Sennheiser HD650 and I have a ASUS Xonar Essence STX audiocard in my PC.
    I worked on semi-professional CD recordings, game audio and sound effects of other stuff, I know what I'm talking about.
    Recording with your cellphone from your headset and uploading to YouTube will only alter the sound to something not representative. Now go play some more on your 150€ 5.1 gaming headset and let grown up people talk about this stuff.

27. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

But they have smoke effects (even if it is basic)

Also no respect to SMS but PD are substantially more resourceful. I see your point, but some features should be there by default.

28. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

Well done, at least my crap headset is properly tuned and using correct signal and cables for audio.
    Keep going, good conversation, I'll just leave, my crappy "GTi" needs to refuel, gonna put some highly expensive diesel in it.

29. G.T.Ace

G.T.Ace

You recorded your headset (from which we don't know how good it is) with your cellphone (crappy microphone, already not even close to what you hear with your real ears and who knows in what codec), uploaded it to YouTube (even more compression on top), to prove that your sound system is better than the direct audio of the PS4 (which is actually what you're feeding your headset with) and now you want to argue with cable quality?

Amazing, a-effing-mazing.

ImaRobot, DonZonda, OdeFinn and 3 others like this.
  30. Brend

Brend Premium

If you need to invest in an expensive sound system/headset to get cars that sound correctly then that title fails regardless.

It's the exact same argument as saying you can't judge a racing game's physics if you don't have a wheel - which I find baffling every time it comes up. :lol: Don't get me wrong, certain devs in the past have seemingly tried their hardest to isolate pad users to back this up.