GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments
hdLb6M.jpg

same TOD
XkPijO.png

different TOD
zRFnWj.png

however HDR in this game make a huge difference, on an HDR tv looks way better than these screenshots

same TOD
XkPijO.png

different TOD
zRFnWj.png

however HDR in this game make a huge difference, on an HDR tv looks way better than these screenshots
Still is basically the same. I'm not sure what you're trying to portray here.

So that makes sense that yours look different, because you're viewing it through an hdr display, and these are sdr screenshots.

Both looks good. It is impressive that GT4 can keep up with next-gen games. Prove that it was ahead for it's time. GTS also show it's prowess with HDR and advanced lighting. Can't wait to see what GT titles could bring in next couple of years regarding technological advancement for both PD and Sony.

GTS, PC2 and reality Bathurst comparison.
Great stuff, scaff!

I am baffled how someone considers GTS' (lack of) track surface the real deal, and call PC2's bland. Everthing left aside, and even seen through rose-coloured fanboi glasses the difference in track surfaces in GTS and PC2 sticks out like a sore thumb.

The kink going into "The Chase" that you mentioned is one example, where other sims give you problems if you attacked it like in GTS. Another would be "The Esses". I dare anyone to go through there at proper pace with World Movement set to 0 in cockpit view (or even VR which is amazing in PC2), and not feel dizzy or not prefer that over GTS.
Another corner where the difference always strikes me is "Sheene" on Brands Hatch. Another bland sweeper in GTS whereas it will send you off in sims like PC2 or AC if you don't know how to stabilize a car over a crest where it gets much lighter.

On another note: I think Bathurst looks more realistic in PC2. While GTS has by far the best lighting in any racing game, its graphics can look kinda clinical to some eyes.

Last edited:
Considering the 'PHYSICS WAR' thread just got rightfully locked here's the post on the GTS/PC2/iR topic

Gran Turismo's physics are as realistic as you can get without becoming niche. That said, it really isn't that realistic, and I'd say it's probably the least realistic of the three.

Project Cars's physics are a bit more realistic than more 'mainstream' racing simulators like GT and Forza. It's still a great game and it arguably 'feels' the best to a lot of people - it's still a treat for people who want a more 'tight' racing sim while still being a bit on the easy side.

iRacing, of the three, is the most realistic. Nice and smooth, and well into niche territory as a 'true simulator' - some argue it's the most realistic racing sim today, and whether or not you agree it's hard to argue with it being top tier at least. That said, realistic doesn't necessarily mean 'best' - depends on what you want out of your racing.

Considering the 'PHYSICS WAR' thread just got rightfully locked here's the post on the GTS/PC2/iR topic

Gran Turismo's physics are as realistic as you can get without becoming niche. That said, it really isn't that realistic, and I'd say it's probably the least realistic of the three.

Project Cars's physics are a bit more realistic than more 'mainstream' racing simulators like GT and Forza. It's still a great game and it arguably 'feels' the best to a lot of people - it's still a treat for people who want a more 'tight' racing sim while still being a bit on the easy side.

iRacing, of the three, is the most realistic. Nice and smooth, and well into niche territory as a 'true simulator' - some argue it's the most realistic racing sim today, and whether or not you agree it's hard to argue with it being top tier at least. That said, realistic doesn't necessarily mean 'best' - depends on what you want out of your racing.
I would have to disagree in regard to iRacing, it still has a number of issues with its tyre model and personally GTR2 and AC do a better job in that regard.

Personally I would also put PC2 closer to the likes of AC than I would to GTS.

I would have to disagree in regard to iRacing, it still has a number of issues with its tyre model and personally GTR2 and AC do a better job in that regard.

Personally I would also put PC2 closer to the likes of AC than I would to GTS.

I am lucky to know the professional driver, he has experienced and even test the gt3 car, he made the observation that hard does not really mean and real. I managed one day to bring it to my house and sit down behind the g29 steering wheel. He tried all four so-called simulations and chose the one that best presented the car's control, weight transfer, braking and a general sense of driving. He ranked GT Sport first on his surprise because he also thought iRacing was the best. And he rated that iRacing has many problems and does not know why people are so impressed by him as a top-level simulation? In short, he was impressed with the GT sport simulation and felt that it had a huge potential.

I am lucky to know the professional driver, he has experienced and even test the gt3 car, he made the observation that hard does not really mean and real. I managed one day to bring it to my house and sit down behind the g29 steering wheel. He tried all four so-called simulations and chose the one that best presented the car's control, weight transfer, braking and a general sense of driving. He ranked GT Sport first on his surprise because he also thought iRacing was the best. And he rated that iRacing has many problems and does not know why people are so impressed by him as a top-level simulation? In short, he was impressed with the GT sport simulation and felt that it had a huge potential.
Cool story.

Who was he?

Get him on here so we can hear it from the horses mouth.

A pro claiming GTS is the most realistic title around is front page news.
Man has too much obligation right now, but in the summer when there is a break I will ask him to explain it to you in detail everything that is not clear to you . Now tell me what's not clear to you and in which segment of the simulation, maybe I'll send it to him ?

Man has too much obligation right now, but in the summer when there is a break I will ask him to explain it to you in detail everything that is not clear to you . Now tell me what's not clear to you and in which segment of the simulation, maybe I'll send it to him ?
What a surprise.

The AUP you agreed to when you joined (which should be fresh in your mind as it was today):

You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Your first post here is an attempt to start a fight about physics, when that gets locked you then make an appeal to authority you can't support.

Not a great start to your membership here at all.

An appeal to authority can be suspect enough with a verifiable source (is the source a paid one, what links to what company do they have, etc) and are always taken as such here. Ones that are utterly unverifiable are unfortunately worthless.

Let me be clear if you wish to make claims about the accuracy or otherwise of a title do so using example and evidence that any member with the titles in question can test, and use real world physics and references to support those claims.

So now I will ask you, what about GTS modelling of tyre pressure and the effect it has on grip level over the course of a race in regard to initial grip, heat cycles and tyre wear?

Then for a follow up example of how under braking the change between aero grip and mechanical grip are managed by the driver when breaking at the threshold.

Last edited:
What a surprise.

The AUP you agreed to when you joined (which should be fresh in your mind as it was today):

You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Your first post here is an attempt to start a fight about physics, when that gets locked you then make an appeal to authority you can't support.

An appeal to authority can be suspect enough with a verifiable source (is the source a paid one, what links to what company do they have, etc) and are always taken as such here. Ones that are utterly unverifiable are unfortunately worthless.

Let me be clear if you wish to make claims about the accuracy or otherwise of a title do so using example and evidence that any member with the titles in question can test, and use real world physics and references to support those claims.

So now I will ask you, what about GTS modelling of tyre pressure and the effect it has on grip level over the course of a race in regard to initial grip, heat cycles and tyre wear?

Then for a follow up example of how under braking the change between aero grip and mechanical grip are managed by the driver when breaking at the threshold.
I did not even have the intention to challenge the battle between the members, maybe the title was such that it sounded so ... and as far as physics is concerned between the above simulations, if you can offer me at least one piece of evidence that the pro driver is wrong and which simulation of the most realistic, so that I finish the discussion , expert !

I did not even have the intention to challenge the battle between the members, maybe the title was such that it sounded so ... and as far as physics is concerned between the above simulations, if you can offer me at least one piece of evidence that the pro driver is wrong and which simulation of the most realistic, so that I finish the discussion , expert !
He can very well provide you examples of why GTS isn't that realistic in terms of simulation. Out of all the members I've seen on this site, he's been the most critical of GTS's physics.

You don't get to cite a source you can't even prove said this.

Nothing exist to refute and rebut. However by all means please explain why GTS gets standing starts so wrong in comparison to reality, PC2 and AC (note that neither PC2 or AC are perfect here, but they are a lot closer than GTS).

That's without the area's I mentioned in my last post, please also consider why GTS fails to model these.

Nor does the attitude do you any favours.

He can very well provide you examples of why GTS isn't that realistic in terms of simulation. Out of all the members I've seen on this site, he's been the most critical of GTS's physics.
Not unfairly I hope.

I have no issue with GTS as a title, it's not my cup of tea, but its most certainly got it's place.

I just take issue when it's presented as something it's not.

What a surprise.

I agree with this, but the fact that one game has adjustments in relation to the pressure of the tire and tempeeturu does not mean that it did it in right way as in real life, but simply those who did it think they have a mathematical algorithm and think that the algorithm do it right. Anyway, how do we know that this GTS will not have the next upgrade

I agree with this, but the fact that one game has adjustments in relation to the pressure of the tire and tempeeturu does not mean that it did it in right way as in real life, but simply those who did it think they have a mathematical algorithm and think that the algorithm do it right. Anyway, how do we know that this GTS will not have the next upgrade
We know by comparison to reality and car behaviour, however you asked for an area in which GTS doesn't match other titles in terms of simulation. It's not one other title either, it's all of them! Of the track based sims GTS is alone in this regard.

Here's an example of such a comparison with PC2.

You asked for just one example and you just got one, attempting to now move the goal posts with it might get it in the next update doesn't change that.

I also noticed you ignored the points about the transition from aero to mechanical grip under braking, heat cycles, and standing starts!

Can I add in stability under braking, issues with the surface meshes in track models, the utterly broken clutch and the current grip bug that a number are suffering from as well.

Last edited:
We know by comparison to reality and car behaviour, however you asked for an area in which GTS doesn't match other titles in terms of simulation. It's not one other title either, it's all of them! Of the track based sims GTS is alone in this regard.

Here's an example of such a comparison with PC2.

You asked for just one example and you just got one, attempting to now move the goal posts with it might get it in the next update doesn't change that.

I also noticed you ignored the points about the transition from aero to mechanical grip under braking, heat cycles, and standing starts!

Can I add in stability under braking, issues with the surface meshes in track models, the utterly broken clutch and the current grip bug that a number are suffering from as well.

Again, I say that these simulations do have a more comprehensive tire model does not mean that they did it properly and do not mean that they struck physics properly, on the contrary a very large number of players think that the so-called simulations you are talking about have massive problems with and have an incorrect implementation of the aforementioned differences in relation to the GTS. Regarding the mechanical and aero grip, I think at the very least it is funny to classify the pcars into a category of simulations that have approached at least a little real life: D

Again, I say that these simulations do have a more comprehensive tire model does not mean that they did it properly and do not mean that they struck physics properly, on the contrary a very large number of players think that the so-called simulations you are talking about have massive problems with and have an incorrect implementation of the aforementioned differences in relation to the GTS.
Citation required.

I've already shown you a comparison to reality that categorically shows GTS to be the one that doesn't match reality, I've also shown you a video that details tenth of a second, by tenth of a second PC2 reacting exact as it should do.

What people think or prefer doesn't actually matter in this regard, its how they react in comparison to reality.

Regarding the mechanical and aero grip, I think at the very least it is funny to classify the pcars into a category of simulations that have approached at least a little real life: D
You mean that GTS doesn't model this at all, but PC2 (and AC) does?

Are you actually aware of the specific trait that I'm even referring to?

Now how about the clutch in GTS?

Citation required.

I've already shown you a comparison to reality that categorically shows GTS to be the one that doesn't match reality, I've also shown you a video that details tenth of a second, by tenth of a second PC2 reacting exact as it should do.

What people think or prefer doesn't actually matter in this regard, its how they react in comparison to reality.

You mean that GTS doesn't model this at all, but PC2 (and AC) does?

Are you actually aware of the specific trait that I'm even referring to?

Now how about the clutch in GTS?
I think that GTS does not have a tire model at all, and I think if they had tire modeling they whil do a much better job 100% than the other simulation , clutch is very bad for now .

Last edited:
I think that GTS does not have a tire model at all, and I think if they had tire modeling they whil do a much better job 100% than the simulation,
If GTS didn;t have a tyre model then the cars wouldn't move.

It has a tyre model, its just one that is behind other titles on the market.

clutch is very bad for now .
I agree, what about it is wrong?

Please can you also explain what is supposed to happen when you move from aero to mechanical grip under threshold braking and why GTS gets it right and PC2 (and AC) get it wrong? You seemed very certain in regard to this.

If GTS didn;t have a tyre model then the cars wouldn't move.

It has a tyre model, its just one that is behind other titles on the market.

I agree, what about it is wrong?

Please can you also explain what is supposed to happen when you move from aero to mechanical grip under threshold braking and why GTS gets it right and PC2 (and AC) get it wrong? You seemed very certain in regard to this.
At the moment, I do not have the time to describe what you are looking for, but believe me that you are wrong ... for some things I agree but when I compare GTs, AC, iRacing and pCars with the same conditions, for example, consumption tires are off, the same track, unchangeable weather conditions GTS is absolutely on top. Tomorrow I will explain in more detail that you have the wrong conviction that mechanical and aero grip and the transfer weight is right on pCars or AC. Very wrong my friend. You must also feel something, especially if you have tried the BMW M4 as I did,the one that was perfectly transferred to the GTS

At the moment, I do not have the time to describe what you are looking for, but believe me that you are wrong ... for some things I agree but when I compare GTs, AC, iRacing and pCars with the same conditions, for example, consumption tires are off, the same track, unchangeable weather conditions GTS is absolutely on top. Tomorrow I will explain in more detail that you have the wrong conviction that mechanical and aero grip and the transfer weight is right on pCars or AC. Very wrong my friend. You must also feel something, especially if you have tried the BMW M4 as I did,the one that was perfectly transferred to the GTS
Describing what happens when aero grip transitions to mechanical grip when braking on the threshold would have taken less time to explain than the post I just quoted!

It's also going to be interesting to know what's wrong with the M4 in PC2, be sure to include pictures or a video of that.

Describing what happens when aero grip transitions to mechanical grip when braking on the threshold would have taken less time to explain than the post I just quoted!

It's also going to be interesting to know what's wrong with the M4 in PC2, be sure to include pictures or a video of that.
I am currently out of the country, the next weekend I should be home to support everything you are looking for, I'm not a fan of a single title . If a professional driver tries all three and I ask him where your have the most natural and realistic feeling of driving and he says on the GTS with a statement that with other simulations something is wrong and something is mising, then it's one big direction for me...You just watch what you see on the screen my friend and you do not really know if it's really like that, try M4 and then you'll see how wrong you are.

Last edited:
I am currently out of the country,
Which country?

the next weekend I should be home to support everything you are looking for, I'm not a fan of a single title .
Nor am I, feel free to take a look at my PSN profile, you tube channel or posts here for more than enough evidence of that. However I would then expect that to be reciprocal.

If a professional driver tries all three and I ask him where your have the most natural and realistic feeling of driving and he says on the GTS with a statement that with other simulations something is wrong and something is mising, then it's one big direction for me...
Would you like quotes from drivers for every sim on the market saying that?

They are not difficult to find, nor are they worth a damn. Comparisons to how real work physics work are.

It will also be interesting to hear from him how much better it is that the sim system that he's paid to promote!

http://www.race-sims.com/
http://racingfuel.biz/simulation

You just watch what you see on the screen my friend and you do not really know if it's really like that, try M4 and then you'll see how wrong you are
You make far too many assumptions (but I'm still interested to know how I can try and M4 in PC2) and woudl do well to know little about the people you are talking to before doing so.

You also seem to keep forgetting that I have already shown a comparisons of a pretty big hole in GTS's tyre model with a video looking at reality (with my own car), GTS, AC and PC2.

So far you have shown nothing, provided nothing more than 'because I say so' and cited a source that you can't back up.

However lets haved some fun with a head to head of the M4 in GTS and AC.

Last edited:
Back