GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments

Bathurst seems quite smooth actually. This video isn't very old so maybe GTS has at least something right.
@SKAFISKAFNJAK Please bring the race driver to the discussion after he gets his duties done. I think there are people that would apreciate that very much. 👍
The FOV is massive and underexaggerates the car movement. Taking that into account the track looks as undulating and bumpy as heck:ouch:

I'll just grab some more popcorn.
Note to self: Don't get into an argument about physics with @Scaff because he won't back down when you make an "unreasonable" claim. If one guy feels that GTS is better, can't he express that? You wonder why people get pissed off and make dumb remakes when you basically force your opinion on someone! We know that Project Cars is your baby, and no-one can say than any game feels better. Who's the fanboy now?
I know you know better than this. Feelings don't count for much when it comes to physics. Car dynamics and racing simulation are demonstrable behaviour to a great degree within games and it's how we judge physics simulation. @Scaff has taken the time and trouble to demonstrate some of these behaviours on his YT channel and his observations are of course subject to debate but not with feelings, with some detailed, physics based analysis of your own. The opinions of anonymous, third party, supposed expert authority figures have never carried a lot of weight around here either:sly:.

What you consider to be facts is, at the very least, very funny, why should someone explain something to you when you do not know whether it's true or not? When I see what you consider the truth, it comes to me to cry :D .Take an hour on the real track with a real car and try it yourself, feel physics, do not let someone get into you wrong.Only fools believe everything that read, I believe in what I see and what I feel on the "real track with a real car".
You'd be wise to take that advice yourself. Scaff is clearly wasting his time explaining something to you when you've shown no sign of knowing any better than him.

I've been on the track myself; what Scaff has said falls in line with my own experience. You so far, have yet to divulge any of your own experience, so what makes you so trustworthy?
SKAFISKAFNJAK
Absolutely amazing how wrong I was. End of discussion!
Fixed for accuracy until you stop lolly gagging and relying on, "Well you're just wrong" as a counter-point.

Gt Sport has not the best physics in the racing genre, PC 2 may have better physics but it could be weak in other aspects. End of story. I tried the PC2 demo and I liked the option to change the field of view and overall seemed good to me. I have in mind to buy it at some point. Racing cars were harder to control with DS4 than in GT but I felt road cars (Huracán) very stable and easy to control with different setups I tried.

Changing the physics theme, I want to make a request for someone that could have any other racing game, simcade or pure simulator (PC 2, Forza 7, Assetto etc..) as you want it to call them.

I have a replay of a fully stock F40 (Sport hard tires) vs an N1000 (professional difficulty) La Ferrari @nurburgring 24h. I expected a tough time trying to catch La Ferrari but it wasn't at all. I know graphics and sound are really good in GT sport but the AI is really horrible most of time. Specially at the nordschleife segment.

I would like to ask someone to make some kind of VS between these 2 cars in other games and see how the IA LaFerrari behave, and how hard to overtake the IA would be in other games. LaFerrari was so slow that I had to wait a bit before the carrousel. I think that could be an interesting comparison.

Ok I failed to peacefully calm down people by throwing another discussion. I retire in silence :lol:

Then explain why, you have one more post to do so before you clear trolling ends your membership.
Then explain why, you have one more post to do so before you clear trolling ends your membership.
There is no need,you're not worth it, everything is explained. My fault is because I started the topic. I agree with GhostChild, let's move on to another topic ...

I have a few questions for those who “qualify”. How have the physics of GT Sport improved (if at all), compared to GT6, & GT5?

How do the physics and feeling (with controller and steering wheel) of the physics compare to other titles such as Forza 7, Project Cars 2, and Assetto Corsa’s?

There is no need,you're not worth it, everything is explained. My fault is because I started the topic. I agree with GhostChild, let's move on to another topic ...
That's your choice. However editing in passive aggressive digs is not a good move.

Keep in mind that in future should you make factual claims you will be expected to support them, and 'because I say so' is not supporting them.

This is a discussion forum, not your personal blog, don't treat it as such.

In that vein I would strongly recommend you re-read the AUP.

I have a few questions for those who “qualify”. How have the physics of GT Sport improved (if at all), compared to GT6, & GT5?
Over GT5 and GT6, yes they have.

How do the physics and feeling (with controller and steering wheel) of the physics compare to other titles such as Forza 7, Project Cars 2, and Assetto Corsa’s?
I can't speak as to Forza 7, but in regard to PC2 and AC, GTS falls behind them in a number of areas.

That's not to say its a bad title, its not, simply that PD chose to focus on other areas. What they have created is a very accessible route to online racing with a more than reasonable sim basis to the physics. Its in the details that the drawbacks of the physics engine starts to show (a number of which I have detailed above).

At the end of the day it very much depends on what you want out of a title, for many GTS hits the right balance between accuracy and accessibility; however for others it doesn't.

I'm gonna assume you don't like the one in GTS?
The GTS one is more accessible, the AC is more detailed (particularly as it models the hybrid system and the drivers ability to control it on the fly).

I prefer the AC one, others will prefer the GTS one

Head 2 Head - AC & GTS - Porsche 919 2016 - Nurburgring GP

So how come if one brakes fully into turn one on that track with ABS on GTS, you can see with high downforce cars braking force reduce significantly approaching lower speeds while in normal road cars it doesn't? Project CARS 2 doesn't seem to model this, AC doesn't seem to model it to the extent GTS does. Interesting to see you end up criticising seemingly a strength of GTS but not surprised given you rate pCARS 2 Bathurst version which is like a fantasy version over GT's FIA certified track.

I personally am very impressed by the level of accuracy of the tracks in GTS, the racing lines that are used in the real world also work in GTS and you can feel the characteristics of the track really well. Another good part of GTS is the aero simulation, seems much better than older GT games and maybe even best out of the console games but will need to run more tests to see if that is actually the case. There seems a noticeable drop off of downforce at high yaw angles forcing one to drive in a more realistic way which I can't remember experiencing in other sims to the extent in GTS at least.

If PDI can improve braking without ABS, seems too sensitive especially with higher downforce cars and also traction issues at lower speed, both likely down to the tyre model then I think the sim experience of the game will be massively improved. Suspension could do with some work too, some kerbs are too easy to ride while some end up causing too much traction loss.

Regarding loading. On DS4, it feels a lot more different at higher speeds in a high downforce car than lower speeds in terms of feedback, you can feel tyres load up in the corners more at higher speeds. Also you can feel bumps more pronounced at high speeds even going straight. Maybe a direct drive wheel will show better the difference, since a GT6 update IIRC, feedback in GT has got a lot weaker and more subtle which probably be more easy to feel with a wheel that can represent better the forces.

Control over hybrid system does seem like a design choice like you mention. I remember Kaz replying to me about them putting in the Nissan 2020 Vision GT and mentioning about them implementing the hybrid system, it does seem they go in quite a bit of depth even for fictional cars. IIRC even in GT6 it was less dumbed down to the end user compared to GTS.

So how come if one brakes fully into turn one on that track with ABS on GTS, you can see with high downforce cars braking force reduce significantly approaching lower speeds while in normal road cars it doesn't? Project CARS 2 doesn't seem to model this, AC doesn't seem to model it to the extent GTS does.
LMP1's don't run ABS, so I wasn't running ABS in this example, however in terms of the need of the driver to reduce the braking force when aero bleeds off I utter disagree that GTS models this better than either PC2 and in particular AC, with or without ABS.

GTS may well model this visually from the outside, but its not something that the driver needs to control in the same way you would in reality (as I explain in the video and in a post above). It may well be similar to the auto-blipping that GTS manages no matter how stupidly you downshift or how quickly you downshift.

Nor does that change the lack of flatspotting, or any effect of flatspotting that you get in AC.

Interesting to see you end up criticising seemingly a strength of GTS but not surprised given you rate pCARS 2 Bathurst version which is like a fantasy version over GT's FIA certified track.
I was referring specifically to the surface mesh detail differences between them.

Personally I don't think that the FIA certification seems to be worth a great deal given some of the rather clear differences on some of the tracks with the surface detail. I've driven Brands Hatch GP and Sheene Curves is utterly wrong in that regard.

However the two have nothing to do with each other, so please lay off the strawman arguments.

I personally am very impressed by the level of accuracy of the tracks in GTS, the racing lines that are used in the real world also work in GTS and you can feel the characteristics of the track really well.
I disagree, the issues around the lines that can be taken off Conrod and through the kink into the Chase at Bathurst is far too forgiving (that however is also in part due to how forgivingly stable under braking the cars are) and Sheen Curves are simply wrong in terms of the bumps, camber and the resulting impact on the cars stability.

Its simply no challenge in GTS, while in both PC2, AC and reality is a very challenging corner due to the above factors and how unstable they make the car.

Another good part of GTS is the aero simulation, seems much better than older GT games and maybe even best out of the console games but will need to run more tests to see if that is actually the case. There seems a noticeable drop off of downforce at high yaw angles forcing one to drive in a more realistic way which I can't remember experiencing in other sims to the extent in GTS at least.
Its better than past GT titles, but I can't agree that its the best on console at all.

Nor does GTS even give us the basic tools to even start testing this.

At the very least within PC2 we can confirm the effect aero has on the ride height of cars via the telemetry...

If PDI can improve braking without ABS, seems too sensitive especially with higher downforce cars and also traction issues at lower speed, both likely down to the tyre model then I think the sim experience of the game will be massively improved. Suspension could do with some work too, some kerbs are too easy to ride while some end up causing too much traction loss.
Braking needs a major overhaul as cars are still far too stable under braking (its as if every car is fitted with the most advanced EBD system know to humanity), particularly for cars that should be unstable (Conrod onto the Chase as I mentioned earlier and the braking zone into Sheene Curves as I mentioned earlier are both clear examples of this).

In regard to suspension I suspect that this is down to damping, as it still seems too 'controlled' in a lot of cases, particularly for the older cars and road cars.

Regarding loading. On DS4, it feels a lot more different at higher speeds in a high downforce car than lower speeds in terms of feedback, you can feel tyres load up in the corners more at higher speeds. Also you can feel bumps more pronounced at high speeds even going straight. Maybe a direct drive wheel will show better the difference, since a GT6 update IIRC, feedback in GT has got a lot weaker and more subtle which probably be more easy to feel with a wheel that can represent better the forces.
In terms of loading I'm referring specifically to lateral forces on the steering, you simply don't get these with a controller and its not that they are more subtle in GTS, they simply don't build in the same way they do in AC (in this example) or in reality. I've driven a SR3 on track and the increase in steering weight as aero loads is very distinctive and AC recreates this excellently.

Control over hybrid system does seem like a design choice like you mention. I remember Kaz replying to me about them putting in the Nissan 2020 Vision GT and mentioning about them implementing the hybrid system, it does seem they go in quite a bit of depth even for fictional cars. IIRC even in GT6 it was less dumbed down to the end user compared to GTS.
Seems odd that they didn't then opt to include it, but that would tie in to an aim to make GTS accessible.

Last edited:
pCARS 2 - PC 4K (Gameplay)
GT Sport - PS4 (Gameplay)

l0uyKk.png

EUHAbn.png

m22tw6.png

v4LpTk.png

I totally agree with Scaff on this topic, and actually I think that what Scaff is keeping mentioning in detail (car physics and handling) may be worth of a dedicated topic.

Even as a DS4 user, I would say that GTSport (compared to all other racing games I played in my life, a lot indeed) excels in the car handling, but in a way is limited in the car physics and how they are delivered to the player.
This is a pity, and potentially could limit the longevity of this title in the long term scenario.
I understand why PD has come to this simulation level compromise (just for making the game as most accessible as possible), but the devoted player base (not the “touch and go” ones) may actually need something more challenging to stick with.

It is no argument that the game now feels a bit “muffled” (though is enjoyable), and this aspect is quite evident in the braking and turning.

And is a greater pity considering that before patch 1.06 (the infamous update), the game physics were actually less forgiving and consequently more challenging than now.

Another point of debate is the ABS-TCS setting. PD should consider to add the option “Real” for both voices of each car setting, automatically setting the real levels of electronic assistance as each car has in real life.
This option, along with the introduction of a more challenging physics system, will probably elevate the game to the next level, and will make it more interesting for long term users.

I am quite sure PD has already developed, tested and could introduce this “refined” simulation level, and I hope they will consider to introduce it in the future.

Is the aliasing really that noticeable in GTS? Most replays and videos Ive seen don't really seem to be that bad.

Is the aliasing really that noticeable in GTS? Most replays and videos Ive seen don't really seem to be that bad.

I have never noticed any issues with aliasing, but I'm sure if I did go digging for it, I'd find some flaws. I remember a video being posted showing aliasing problems when someone was doing stand-still burnouts.

I do play on a PS4 Pro, so that may have something to do with it (albeit on a 1080p tv).

I have never noticed any issues with aliasing, but I'm sure if I did go digging for it, I'd find some flaws. I remember a video being posted showing aliasing problems when someone was doing stand-still burnouts.

I do play on a PS4 Pro, so that may have something to do with it (albeit on a 1080p tv).
Yeah, I can't say I've ever seen it as bad as it looked in that video, to be honest. The smoke thing makes sense, there has always been issues in one way or another when that happened.

I'll be getting the Pro too, so at least it sounds like I wont be experiencing that.

su pro in addition to having a higher resolution seems to me that it uses a msaa8x, the one in the video still seems ps4 base with the classic recording, horrible youtube.

Back