GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments
At the end, what is the point of ultra detailed 3D models in GT? There is no mode à la "forzavista", no 3D place like the old photomode and no 360 camera view in game. I just want to appreciate the graphics with a dedicated mode and not through a glitch.

Hoping for PD to feature all of them in future updates. GTS still has time to developed it's content through times. They should have been more productive since they are not fussing around with GT6 anymore. I appreciate what they did in this couple of month, but keep waiting for "the bomb" dropped and makes us all surprised (in a good way of course)

And @emula yes you can look at the exterior details on that video but the purpose of Forzavista is like doing walkthrough of cars inside and out. Imagine if you can do such thing in VR Mode... :drool:

Both use LOD switching, as do every

Cool - can you pop open the bonnet and take a look at the engine bay for us and then take a look around the interior.
I'm not asking for a complete Forza Vista mode, just a dedicated mode with cockpit camera views.

@emula This is not a dedicated mode. Once again we need to find another way to appreciate the 3D models.

I'm not asking for a complete Forza Vista mode, just a dedicated mode with cockpit camera views.

:bowdown:

Agreed - Im not at all interested in looking at the engine (though I understand some who spend time doing that in FM7). I just want a full 360 degree camera for taking pictures of interiors without a driver being in the car.

This, and rain gameplay are the only things missing from GTS IMO. Of course I appreciate regular car/track/event updates.

@emula This is not a dedicated mode. Once again we need to find another way to appreciate the 3D models.

Of course knowing how focused on car details and design polyphony is, It would had made sense to have a dedicated mode for that. And there must be a good reason too for not showing moving parts like engine covers and doors, so we have to give Forza credit for that.

I think VR users can do a bit more in a kind of a 360° showroom and in race. Scapes are good but the thing I really like and that blow my mind at first, are the dynamic scapes sequences.

Both use LOD switching, as do every

Cool - can you pop open the bonnet and take a look at the engine bay for us and then take a look around the interior.

He is only showing that you can take a look at the car in 360° and zoom in to see some details, not really a dedicated mode. But no one asked for a full moving parts mode at all. Project Cars 2 doesn't have any of them also. It just has a showroom where the angle of the camera changes automatically.

It's also easy to forget that in FM7 there are cars that looks like GT6 standard cars...

Qiu94e.jpg

I think you were a bit over the top here. Better standards of Gt6 as the Ruf BTR look worse than this. This Prelude actually looks good in this picture.

Not true, you can switch to photo mode in the showroom in PC2 and do exactly the same as shown in the GTS video.

Ok I've just check it out.Fair enough, my mistake then.

Last edited:
Of course knowing how focused on car details and design polyphony is, It would had made sense to have a dedicated mode for that. And there must be a good reason too for not showing moving parts like engine covers and doors, so we have to give Forza credit for that.

I think VR users can do a bit more in a kind of a 360° showroom and in race. Scapes are good but the thing I really like and that blow my mind at first, are the dynamic scapes sequences.
It would be a great feature, I mean especialy considering the amount of detail they go through on some of these cars. I doubt PD is excluding it because its a "waste of time" since they spend a good amount of time on the smaller details as it sits.

I'm looking forward to checking out things like the scapes when I get the game. I'm really contemplating getting it today, because my brother has a PS4. It's just the base, but I'm sure it can hold me off until I eventually buy myself the PS4 Pro.

He is only showing that you can take a look at the car in 360° and zoom in to see some details, not really a dedicated mode. But no one asked for a full moving parts mode at all. Project Cars 2 doesn't have any of them also. It just has a showroom where the angle of the camera changes automatically.
Considering the topic of being able to fully explore a car, the response was fitting. Not only that, but it's something that @emula has constantly tried to make out as a bad thing for Forza.

I think you were a bit over the top here. Better standards of Gt6 as the Ruf BTR look worse than this. This Prelude actually looks good in this picture.
He's over the top on anything that has to do with Forza, going far out of the way to try to portray it as a horrible game.

He is only showing that you can take a look at the car in 360° and zoom in to see some details, not really a dedicated mode. But no one asked for a full moving parts mode at all.
The point being that it's not comparable to the Forzavista mode.

Project Cars 2 doesn't have any of them also. It just has a showroom where the angle of the camera changes automatically.
Not true, you can switch to photo mode in the showroom in PC2 and do exactly the same as shown in the GTS video.

GTS and AC - BMW M3 E30 Sport Evo at the Nurburgring Tourist.

Completely agree with everything you said in this video. Happy to see the E30 in GTS, but It feels rather "bland" compared to Assetto.
And yes, the arms' movements are bloody ridiculous; PD should definitely patch it with the upcoming hotfix.

All common tracks between GT6 and GTS will be "copy/paste/retexture/add_trees" IMO. It would be interesting to compare Bathurst versions.

Both Monza and Tsukuba look like garbage in places, a clear rush job. Le Mans looks pretty dope though, clearly received more love. The colors are just right.

All common tracks between GT6 and GTS will be "copy/paste/retexture/add_trees" IMO. It would be interesting to compare Bathurst versions.
Hopefully this means tracks will come at a decent rate of 1 every 2 months or so, if it's not a complete makeover then it shouldn't take that long. Brand new tracks take from 6 months to 1 year to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
cherry picking

ztRRVF.jpg

UNKvKz.jpg

BAeVDW.jpg

OAp11n.jpg

e1WJb0.jpg

aaX5fS.jpg

sWnykL.jpg

uVhfQ3.jpg

D6Ur4S.jpg

n7qYm2.jpg

fnV0cs.jpg

yR9NBF.jpg

sJnzDD.jpg

uEQyKK.jpg

cfmJOF.jpg

WdjNV8.jpg

ztRRVF.jpg
Now that you got it working, it seems that you are both cherry picking :lol:. You're showing a bunch of nice things, yet the only thing that was shown in the original point was just a building, so how all that is relevant to the low-poly building that was mentioned, I have no idea. He, on the other hand, is not even trying to get similar photos. The track definitely isn't PS3 quality, but apparently there's odd inconsistencies. Very much similarly to the modeling of the vehicles, now that I think about it.

If youre going to debunk his point as cherry picking, you might want to get your own photo similar to the one he captured to show us what he pointed out about the building is wrong.

Last edited:
Now that you got it working, it seems that you are both cherry picking :lol:. You're showing a bunch of nice things, yet the only thing that was shown in the original point was just a building, so how all that is relevant to the low-poly building that was mentioned, I have no idea. He, on the other hand, is not even trying to get similar photos. The track definitely isn't PS3 quality, but apparently there's odd inconsistencies. Very much similarly to the modeling of the vehicles, now that I think about it.

If youre going to debunk his point as cherry picking, you might want to get your own photo similar to the one he captured to show us what he pointed out about the building is wrong.

He captured the only little point of the track that looks similar to GT6 ignoring all the rest of the track that is enormously improved.... there is nothing else to say

He captured the only little point of the track that looks similar to GT6 ignoring all the rest of the track that is enormously improved.... there is nothing else to say
That's so damn ironic coming from you, considering that's literally what you do every single time you talk about any game other than GTS.

He pointed out one building and almost immediately someone confirmed his sentiments saying that parts of the track just don't look good. You then cherry picked a few parts of the track that look better than that building. The problem being is that you're both cherry pickers. It's like you're both competing to be the most misrepresented spokesperson for the game of your choosing.

Does the building look like that or not in game? Although, youre probably right. There likely isn't much more to say because you like to pretend that GTS does absolutely nothing wrong and that every part of the game is so much better than anything any other game is doing, even though they take the same shortcuts every other dev does. :lol:

Remember when you kept insisting the graphical fidelity of Forza 7 was subpar because of the tire barriers not being completely round? Something way off track that you can barely see, very much like this building, yet, no surprise to absolutely anyone, here you are defending a tactic that you yourself made into a mountain for another game.

Last edited:
That's so damn ironic coming from you, considering that's literally what you do every single time you talk about any game other than GTS.

He pointed out one building and almost immediately someone confirmed his sentiments saying that parts of the track just don't look good. You then cherry picked a few parts of the track that look better than that building. The problem being is that you're both cherry pickers. It's like you're both competing to be the most misrepresented spokesperson for the game of your choosing.

Does the building look like that or not in game? Although, youre probably right. There likely isn't much more to say because you like to pretend that GTS does absolutely nothing wrong and that every part of the game is so much better than anything any other game is doing, even though they take the same shortcuts every other dev does. :lol:

Remember when you kept insisting the graphical fidelity of Forza 7 was subpar because of the tire barriers not being completely round? Something way off track that you can barely see, very much like this building, yet, no surprise to absolutely anyone, here you are defending a tactic that you yourself made into a mountain for another game.

"a few parts of the track that look better"

LOL

all the track is enormously improved

meanwhile in FM7 all the trees are still 2D but he didn't post any photos about that

"a few parts of the track that look better"

LOL

all the track is enormously improved
I dont know, going off the people in this thread, it seems that more than one person is saying that there seems to be inconsistencies within the track. That building being one of them.

I like how you ignored all the rest of the post though, that must be you acknowledging the fact.

meanwhile in FM7 all the trees are still 2D but he didn't post any photos about that
So, much like you don't post anything negative about GTS? Either way, no, you already did that remember? You also did it with tire barriers - things that are so insignificant to the actual game and in no way resemble the full game - just like he did with building here in GTS. Its pretty embarrassing that you would go after someone that pointed out a trackside object not being up to par, when you literally have done that 20 times over.

So this pretty much acknowledges that you're literally getting upset at him for doing what you're doing. I can't figure out if you're more of a hypocrite or just ironic. However, it is very clear, that you are the absolute worst person to try to do "comparisons" as you use falsehoods and deny truth to matters just because your wife is being shown in a negative light, use hypocritical statements, and all around get mad at people doing things that you've literally done and are still doing.

Le mans...

20xzu42.jpg

21p4u8x.jpg

24h1u88.jpg

25d3uj8.jpg

another clear PS3 direct port according to Hage dayo and his friends
Stop trying to misrepresent the things that were said. There was only one person that said that. For once, just please, try not making up a bunch of bullcrap and try talking about things that were actually said and associate them to the correct person. I'm baffled how its so hard for you to actually be truthful.

Not only that, isn't that GT5? Videos of GT6 seem more in par with what the GTS image shows.

wait, he will soon post the le mans zoomed background comparison of the forza 7 vs GTS, and everyone will blame you for cherry picking
Why wouldn't it be said? They're both doing it. Problem being one is pretending he isn't, and hasn't, done the things that the other is doing.

Lets not try to pretend that this isn't happening, there's already enough misinformation in the thread.

Back