GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments
But by your own admission in FM there are cars that are the equivalent of standard cars models...

now I say the same think and immediatly I became a cherry picker.... lol
False equivalence. You're ignoring the fact that Forza's old models have quite obviously been smoothened and increased in quality. They're still high poly and have modelled interiors, they're just a bit less accurate than the newer ones. GT6's standard cars were a straight port from PS2.

But by your own admission in FM there are cars that are the equivalent of standard cars models...

now I say the same thing and immediatly I became a cherry picker.... lol

They're the Forza equivalent of standard models (i.e. models carried over from older titles), this is not the same as saying that the visuals are comparable to Gran Turismo 6's standard cars.

The problem being you have absolutely no experience with the game you're cherry picking, whatsoever. The other issue is that you're not singling out the exact cars with the issue(as there's only a small handfull anyways) and associated the issue at Forza 7 as a whole, pretending that it represent the full game in general. You didn't say anything even remotely close.

What was said is that it's Forza' versions of the term standard that GT coined in the past. It's not a 1 for 1 representation, and its odd how you even pretend that what you read is him saying that the models are that of an equal comparison. Had you actually played the game or had experience with that, you would realize how absolutely foolish that claim is. It's no surprise considering who its coming from though, you ignore faults of one game and then go attack another game for having similar issues.

False equivalence. You're ignoring the fact that Forza's old models have quite obviously been smoothened and increased in quality. They're still high poly and have modelled interiors, they're just a bit less accurate than the newer ones. GT6's standard cars were a straight port from PS2.

False equivalence. In GT6 a lot of standard cars have "been smoothened and increased in quality" :)

k7RRNG.jpg

9cgVYB.jpg

46rqmE.jpg

qRd5Ep.jpg

WZtfH6.jpg

JUMso8.jpg

GLZMuD.jpg

False equivalence. In GT6 a lot of standard cars have "been smoothened and increased in quality" :)

k7RRNG.jpg

9cgVYB.jpg

46rqmE.jpg

qRd5Ep.jpg

WZtfH6.jpg

JUMso8.jpg

GLZMuD.jpg
Are these supposed to be convincing in some way? Or did you just have glasses on when you posted them? Did they happen to be rose tinted?

And they're still missing true interiors, still don't look up to par (detail wise) with the rest of the then-current-gen assets. Also a lot =/= all.

Regardless of what happened with the semi premium cars in GT6, you're lying to yourself if you believe there's a Forza equivalent of standard cars.

They're the Forza equivalent of standard models (i.e. models carried over from older titles), this is not the same as saying that the visuals are comparable to Gran Turismo 6's standard cars.

PS3 Game (both images are from standard cars)

k7RRNG.jpg

GLZMuD.jpg

Xbox one X (6 TF) game

Qiu94e.jpg

6JZDCD.jpg

not comparable... ok

So just like Scapes then.

Considering both modes are practically made for ey-candy purposes, it seems strange to only hold it against one.

You did not understand what I wanted to say, I'll explain better.
On GT what you see in the scape is the same model in game with the difference that it is downgraded by the lod.
On the strength, the cars you see in forzavista, which also make you see the interior, are models made specifically for that mode because in game you have another model made for playing.
Basically you have 2 distinct patterns that exclude the lod in play.

On GT what you see in the scape is the same model in game with the difference that it is downgraded by the lod.
On the strength, the cars you see in forzavista, which also make you see the interior, are models made specifically for that mode because in game you have another model made for playing.
Both of the things you're referring to are the same. Both games use a maximum LOD model in their "fancy view" mode (Scapes and Forzavista), then they lower the LOD by one level for the player's car in normal gameplay.

I'm going to chalk this up to a language barrier.

The handful of Forza models that have roots in the earlier games are the franchise's rough equivelant of GT5-GT6's Standard models. I didn't say they're the same.

That you're now grabbing some of the select Standards that were given a freshening up (and not the 700 or so that weren't) is, yes, cherry-picking. Though it does highlight that both teams have done the same thing, to varying degrees; updated previous models to keep them alive in newer games. The thing with Standards was that no amount of updating could change the basic underlying structure: the single-piece model approach. That said, the number of models in FM7 that have ties to models from FM1/2 is less than the number of "Super Standards" in GT6.

Here's the Prelude (slightly different trims between games):

Syracuse.jpg

32f715e0-d831-479d-ab43-900219282743.jpeg

They're not even close. It's a shame you have such a terrible attitude, since the GT images you provide the community can be quite good.

Last edited:
PS3 Game (both images are from standard cars)

k7RRNG.jpg

GLZMuD.jpg

Xbox one X (6 TF) game

Qiu94e.jpg

6JZDCD.jpg

not comparable... ok
That you think they're even comparable shows exactly how you go about things. That's probably one of the few worse-off cars in the game and yet it still doesn't even look half as bad as the interior you just shown.

What you seem to do is aim for the most blown out crappy photo you can find, and then post it in these threads to try to give a bad impression of the actual game as a whole. It's like you try to go for the ones in the worst angles, the worst lighting, over-exposed, and then come in and present the GT images in a way that's almost the complete opposite. Hell, the image of the Prelude you posted doesn't even accurately depict the way it truely looks in game.

Just for the sake of documentation and comparison, I've taken some pictures of what I'd consider to be Forza's worst car model by far: the Volkswagen R32.

It's clearly a holdover from FM1 and looks generally wrong in its shape and proportions. However, look close, and you'll see it's clearly high poly and high detail. Smooth wheel arches, fully modelled cockpit, etc.
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (7).png

It certainly needs a complete overhaul like the 22B from FM5 to FM6, but is it comparable to a standard car? Nope, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Thats my problem with these comparsion news or threads. The comparsion itself is rather interesting, but what some people make of it - thats hard to swallow.
Something less interesting about it, is that it's the same single person that devolves the thread to such a state. This time it happened because someone didn't like the fact that someone said that Forza models engine bays, and GT doesn't.

*checks this thread because new posts* *sees this is the new fanboy wars thread* *gets the rope*

A good point — I've split the conversation off from the point it was turned into a general game/game comparo, and left the A110 alone (which I just saw that you originally posted in this thread. 👍 )

Something less interesting about it, is that it's the same single person that devolves the thread to such a state. This time it happened because someone didn't like the fact that someone said that Forza models engine bays, and GT doesn't.

Yeah, it's the same Don Quixote that comes into these threads.

Are there some car models in FM7 that suck? Sure. But I'll take the 700+ cars, and more importantly, the 60 FPS benchmark over GT Sport's snazzy graphics at 30 FPS, every time.

Yeah, it's the same Don Quixote that comes into these threads.

Are there some car models in FM7 that suck? Sure. But I'll take the 700+ cars, and more importantly, the 60 FPS benchmark over GT Sport's snazzy graphics at 30 FPS, every time.
GTS runs at 60fps, or at least extremely close to it even on base. Right now, I don't really prefer either over the other as they've both got something I want.

No, what you said was understood just fine. It's a game feature that is showing you things that just aren't possible in the actual game. You see interiors in gameplay, its the engine bays and compartments that you don't, so what youre saying doesn't really fit either way.

Lets be honest here for a second. Those car models in GTS scapes look amazing, i love them. But even in scapes it is very hard to see / appreciate all those tiny details. You have to choose the right location and zoom in as close as possible. While playing the game, driving the car on track, the difference between GTS and Forza isnt relevant at all.

Lets be honest here for a second. Those car models in GTS scapes look amazing, i love them. But even in scapes it is very hard to see / appreciate all those tiny details. You have to choose the right location and zoom in as close as possible. While playing the game, driving the car on track, the difference between GTS and Forza isnt relevant at all.

Lets be even more honest here for a second... ingame the difference is clearly bigger than the one in garage mode

Lets be even more honest here for a second... ingame the difference is clearly bigger than the one in garage mode

Yes, lets be honest here - Explain how the models are different. It should be easy for you if you want to keep insisting it.

Having misread that you said bigger, you do realize that that is the farthest, most zoomed out view on the game right? Of course it's going to look smaller.. are you seriously trying to insinuate something as ridiculous as that? You're grasping for straw, man.

Guess what.. if you use a different view, the car can actually look bigger too! Crazy right?!

Latest Posts

Back