GT Sport Will Not Feature Any Microtransactions

"While the comparatively small list stands at odds to the series norms,"

Wrong. If you actually knew what the norm was for the series you'd realize the odd number GT's always have had much less cars. 100-200 roughly. GT Sport is right in line with that. The first GT on each console has always had less cars and tracks. I don't know why this is news to anyone. Are peoples memories that bad?
You'd imagine that GT Sport would continue the trend of relatively large car rosters. Not to the scale of GT5/GT6 perhaps, which was largely padded by Standard cars, but considering how PD/Kaz mentioned that Premium cars in GT5/GT6 are "better suited for next gen consoles," it's no surprise that some people are disappointed at the 150 or so cars in GT Sport. Let's not forget that it's been 4 years since the release of GT6. By comparison, there was only a 2 year gap between the release of GT2 and GT3, and another 2 between GT4 and GT5P (if you want to count that).

It doesn't help that race cars or those fantasy cars make up the majority (correct me if I'm wrong) of the car roster, something that GT fans aren't exactly used to. GT3 may have had a small car roster, but it was still nice and varied and had a good amount of production cars and variation of race cars - not what is essentially the same model under different racing specs. And on that note, GT3 has more cars than GT Sport...
Oh yea, it was so much easier to make money in GT6 which is why it makes me laugh when people would bring up microtransactions in GT6. If they had actually played GT6, they would realize what an absolute non factor they were instead of using it to put down GT6 and failing miserably like idiots by exposing themselves as the ignorant fools they are.
Last I checked grinding was still an issue in GT6. But you're right it was easy to make money in GT6. I exploited that wonderful glitch near the beginning of the game that allowed me to obtain 20+ GT40 race cars worth 8 million credits each or so. Had I not done that I probably would've dropped GT6 much sooner since I wasn't particularly interested in chase-the-rabbit racing or the once-a-week Seasonals.

How? Didnt lie them but you were never forced to use them anyway.
Because on the day of its release you could just buy a credit pack & get the fastest cars in the game, instead of doing loads of events & grinding money to purchase them. Yeah you may not be forced but they're still easily obtained if you have the money to waste.

Funny enough I don't even think it was PD's intent to create a game that encourages players to use microtransactions. They just couldn't design good economies. But on that note, how would it be a good thing that you can grind more since there won't be microtransactions?

Because on the day of its release you could just buy a credit pack & get the fastest cars in the game, instead of doing loads of events & grinding money to purchase them. Yeah you may not be forced but they're still easily obtained if you have the money to waste.
So? I mean you should not be concerned about what the others do

So? I mean you should not be concerned about what the others do
Concerned? You asked me how & I gave you your answer. And plus, speaking of being concerned. All I said was my Opinion, why does my opinion concern you? Can't I have opinions round here no more? If I dislike something & think differently, then I dislike something & think differently. I'm sure you do aswell with various stuff.

Edit: It also does concern me because I've done it myself in GT6 & I wish I didn't tbh.

Last edited:
"While the comparatively small list stands at odds to the series norms,"

Wrong.

Here's a quick two step process:

• Look up what the term "comparatively" means.
  • Stand GT Sport's car list count against the other six mainline GT games and see where it lands.
Also, fix your attitude. Insulting blanket statements about those that simply have a different opinion to you has never been acceptable here.

Last edited:
Concerned? You asked me how & I gave you your answer. And plus, speaking of being concerned. All I said was my Opinion, why does my opinion concern you? Can't I have opinions round here no more? If I dislike something & think differently, then I dislike something & think differently. I'm sure you do aswell with various stuff.

Edit: It also does concern me because I've done it myself in GT6 & I wish I didn't tbh.
Dont get nervous. I know you can have opinions...
What i think is that you shouldnt care if some people wasted money on those. Grinding is more fun than that. Its worse for them

Funny enough I don't even think it was PD's intent to create a game that encourages players to use microtransactions. They just couldn't design good economies. But on that note, how would it be a good thing that you can grind more since there won't be microtransactions?

I remember Kaz touching on this before in an interview, so I'm glad it's on their minds. With credits, xp, and mileage points, I'm hoping they have a good system that strikes a good balance between not-giving-you-everything v. making-you-race-til-you-are-annoyed.

For me, the only thing that annoyed me about the 'grind' of past GTs is that the player is forced to race with certain vehicles to earn credits - or tune a car up/down to fit the qualifications for a series (which at that point, you've lost the stock nature/character of the vehicle). The fact that they've integrated arcade mode/custom races into the in-game economy is going to make grinding feel fun, rather than it feeling like a chore.

What i think is that you shouldnt care if some people wasted money on those. Grinding is more fun than that. Its worse for them
I didn't get nervous. And when I said micro-transactions make it easy to obtain cars that cost a lot or at a high performance, that's my opinion. That's all, there's no concern for other people. But I'm going to be honest, in the last one/two sentences, you're right. That's all you needed to say. No hate.

What i think is that you shouldnt care if some people wasted money on those. Grinding is more fun than that for me. Its worse for them better for me.
FTFY.

Just how much of a drag will it be to earn credits in the game? That is the question. I find the credit farming system in GT to be such a chore and not fun.
No mercy^^ If there is a glitch like in the first days of GT6, I will buy all the cars like I did for GT6. Or I will wait for a garage editor like in GT5. It used to be fun to earn credits in the first GTs but the 20 million car are simply too expensive and you can't even win them in game.
I would like to see non buyable cars like in the past, it's challenging and very rewarding to win them.

No mercy^^ If there is a glitch like in the first days of GT6, I will buy all the cars like I did for GT6. Or I will wait for a garage editor like in GT5. It used to be fun to earn credits in the first GTs but the 20 million car are simply too expensive and you can't even win them in game.
I would like to see non buyable cars like in the past, it's challenging and very rewarding to win them.
I liked GT4's reward system. Where you had to earn some of the cars. Felt very rewarding winning that Sauber Mercedes! :bowdown:

I never got to try the Ferrari P3/4 thing in GT5 because it was soo expensive. So I'm happy about this.

Unlike GT5, you mean? ;)

Note what @trustjab said: micro transactions may not be a thing, but that doesn't confirm all DLC will be free. It might be, but it might not. If PD is planning on tripling the car count and adding tracks, I'd be very surprised if it did it without any prices attached.

Personally, I don't get why people are so bothered by paid DLC. I don't believe PD (or any dev that wants to support its game post-release) should have to work for free.
I agree that any dev should be paid for any work done post release. But i believe there are also dev's that have content finished at the time of release and think. Screw the customer we can milk this cash cow a bit more in the future if we hold back item A, B & C and release it with a pricetag.

Yes yes all fair points.
I have no problem believing the reason why PD have made this decision is because they think (or know) the game will sell extremely well and paid transactions or DLC will not be needed.

Just saying, PD is taking the next step to not letting people buy large amounts of cash to get ahead quicker.

I believe this game will sell OK. There are to many good sims on console now that ex GT players have had a taste of. Some will not be going back to the GT series. They (PD) are very good at over promising and under delivering. I mean we were meant to get monthly DLC with GT6. Other than 2-3 tracks and some over hyped fantasy cars we got stitched. Then there was the track creator hardly anyone could use LOL and far too late.

There will be no microtransactions because there will be hardly any post launch support other than Bug fixes and maybe a vision car or 2.

Come on Kaz. For your player base lets hope you get it right this time around.

Last edited:
I agree that any dev should be paid for any work done post release. But i believe there are also dev's that have content finished at the time of release and think. Screw the customer we can milk this cash cow a bit more in the future if we hold back item A, B & C and release it with a pricetag.
Sure, you can make up any hypothetical situation you want, but what's the point? There's absolutely nothing to gain, and in fact, only cause yourself displeasure by thinking of things like this. It could possibly happen, it could also not happen.

I understand that there is nothing wrong with paid DLC but I will feel very uncomfortable if the first track DLC is Grand Valley, or any classic GT track. I will be at the same time happy to see a nice track but also disappointed given the meh original tracks in GTsport.

I understand that there is nothing wrong with paid DLC but I will feel very uncomfortable if the first track DLC is Grand Valley, or any classic GT track. I will be at the same time happy to see a nice track but also disappointed given the meh original tracks in GTsport.
I agree it would be wrong if they made you pay for content that they have in the past supplied as part of the vanilla version. Not sure if turn 10 did this in the past when they car their car count drastically then added them in afterwards. That being said i would have gladly shelled out coin for the seattle track we had in the past.

You'd imagine that GT Sport would continue the trend of relatively large car rosters. Not to the scale of GT5/GT6 perhaps, which was largely padded by Standard cars, but considering how PD/Kaz mentioned that Premium cars in GT5/GT6 are "better suited for next gen consoles," it's no surprise that some people are disappointed at the 150 or so cars in GT Sport. Let's not forget that it's been 4 years since the release of GT6. By comparison, there was only a 2 year gap between the release of GT2 and GT3, and another 2 between GT4 and GT5P (if you want to count that).

It doesn't help that race cars or those fantasy cars make up the majority (correct me if I'm wrong) of the car roster, something that GT fans aren't exactly used to. GT3 may have had a small car roster, but it was still nice and varied and had a good amount of production cars and variation of race cars - not what is essentially the same model under different racing specs. And on that note, GT3 has more cars than GT Sport...

Last I checked grinding was still an issue in GT6. But you're right it was easy to make money in GT6. I exploited that wonderful glitch near the beginning of the game that allowed me to obtain 20+ GT40 race cars worth 8 million credits each or so. Had I not done that I probably would've dropped GT6 much sooner since I wasn't particularly interested in chase-the-rabbit racing or the once-a-week Seasonals.
The GT40 cost 8 million at one point?

And here I am, constantly doing the same races over again, trying to reach 20mill to buy one car.

For me, the only thing that annoyed me about the 'grind' of past GTs is that the player is forced to race with certain vehicles to earn credits - or tune a car up/down to fit the qualifications for a series (which at that point, you've lost the stock nature/character of the vehicle). The fact that they've integrated arcade mode/custom races into the in-game economy is going to make grinding feel fun, rather than it feeling like a chore.
I didn't mind that so much as the fact that payouts were very low, and winning a Series Miata race would earn you a... Miata?! If they rewarded cars that would work in other series that would've been much better. But yeah, I'm happy to hear that we finally get rewards in Arcade Mode. It's about time.
The GT40 cost 8 million at one point?

And here I am, constantly doing the same races over again, trying to reach 20mill to buy one car.
To be clear, the GT40 costs 20 million credits. The glitch allowed you to obtain some cars that were added-in in the second patch while still on the original version, so since the car didn't exist in the first patch, the amount of credits you got when you sold it weren't defined, and ended up being 40+ million credits (it was more than the maximum credits allowed). After obtaining all those credits, you would buy a GT40 and then update the game back to the latest patch, and now you've just obtained 8 million credits. Rinse and repeat as many times as you'd like.

There are 50 car modelers in the GT6 credits. At two cars per year each that's 100 cars in each year. It's been 3.5 years since GT6 came out. How many cars are in GTS again?

Regardless of how easy it was to earn money in GT6 you cannot deny that you could, and still can, buy in game credits with real money. Therefore bringing up something THAT WAS IN THE GAME is not anything other that the TRUTH.

Yea, I mentioned that GT6 had them so you don't need to point out that they exist. That wasn't my point, maybe you should read my comment again.

How is it negative? How is GT6 having microtransactions make it any worse because of it?

Like he said before I did, GT6 was the easiest GT for earning credits, which completely contradicts the idiotic idea that GT6 was worse because it had microtransactions. They didn't affect the in game economy in the slightest, unlike almost any other game that features them, so anyone using it to knock GT6 clearly didn't play the game and that was my point in the first place which you apparently didn't read before replying.

Last edited:
Yea, I mentioned that GT6 had them so you don't need to point out that they exist. That wasn't my point, maybe you should read my comment again.

How is it negative? How is GT6 having microtransactions make it any worse because of it?

Like he said before I did, GT6 was the easiest GT for earning credits, which completely contradicts the idiotic idea that GT6 was worse because it had microtransactions. They didn't affect the in game economy in the slightest, unlike almost any other game that features them, so anyone using it to knock GT6 clearly didn't play the game and that was my point in the first place which you apparently didn't read in the first place.
Not saying it's negative or positive, just pointing out they are there even if earning credits in game is really easy. They are still buyable today. I can't imagine anyone buying them - I mean how hard is it to do an online seasonal?

The 50 modellers, based on six months per car should mean 100 cars per year. It's been 3.5 years since GT6. 150-177 cars in GTS doesn't add up, but that's what we are getting.

Like he said before I did, GT6 was the easiest GT for earning credits, which completely contradicts the idiotic idea that GT6 was worse because it had microtransactions. They didn't affect the in game economy in the slightest, unlike almost any other game that features them, so anyone using it to knock GT6 clearly didn't play the game and that was my point in the first place which you apparently didn't read before replying.
To be honest, with racing games, I can't recall them being an issue for those that did implement a system like that in the first place. FM5 had skewed economy at first, but that was quickly changed, I think within a month? After that it was very easy to avoid them, and even every game after that threw money at you like crazy. They were a non-issue with that as well. It just was a method for those strapped with cash to do, and didn't impact anything negatively.

However, People still outcry like crazy about microtransactions being there, even when there is absolutely no need for them if you just played just a little bit.

To be honest, with racing games, I can't recall them being an issue for those that did implement a system like that in the first place. FM5 had skewed economy at first, but that was quickly changed, I think within a month? After that it was very easy to avoid them, and even every game after that threw money at you like crazy. They were a non-issue with that as well. It just was a method for those strapped with cash to do, and didn't impact anything negatively.

However, People still outcry like crazy about microtransactions being there, even when there is absolutely no need for them if you just played just a little bit.

I didn't play GT6 but I do remember grinding for credits to buy 20 mil. cars in GT5, and many do as well so you can't blame people for being cautious when it comes to GTS economy. And then again there are people like me who are more interested in online racing and hot lapping without any need for in-game economy.

With no microtransactions, DLC will be paid. I never understood those who thought they deserved free DLC when a lot of people work on it....people that could easily work on a new game for instance. So there needs to be some return.

Timeframe is important though. Many pubs tell their devs to hold back work to sell later as DLC. So I can understand from that view if people say it should be free. Anything after 3 months, imo, indicates work being put in for the DLC and so should be paid.

With no microtransactions, DLC will be paid. I never understood those who thought they deserved free DLC when a lot of people work on it....people that could easily work on a new game for instance. So there needs to be some return.

Timeframe is important though. Many pubs tell their devs to hold back work to sell later as DLC. So I can understand from that view if people say it should be free. Anything after 3 months, imo, indicates work being put in for the DLC and so should be paid.
No, sorry I wasn't clear.
Imagine if the first paid DLC track in October/November is Trial Mountain which is universally seen as a better track than any new original track in GTSport. They know we'll all buy it, Northern Isle Speedway wouldn't sell as much if it was a DLC.

No, sorry I wasn't clear.
Imagine if the first paid DLC track in October/November is Trial Mountain which is universally seen as a better track than any new original track in GTSport. They know we'll all buy it, Northern Isle Speedway wouldn't sell as much if it was a DLC.

But surely as a fans we would want out favourites to be playable in GTS.

Back