GT Sport Will Not Feature Any Microtransactions

I can't see how they can add microtransactions - its pretty easy to build up credits in the game and you get given a whole stack of cars as you play it anyway. I mean, who would buy credits via transactions ?

Mileage points ? well maybe, but there isn't a whole lot to buy there, unless you're in to collecting dozens of racing suits / helmets etc.

No, sorry I wasn't clear.
Imagine if the first paid DLC track in October/November is Trial Mountain which is universally seen as a better track than any new original track in GTSport. They know we'll all buy it, Northern Isle Speedway wouldn't sell as much if it was a DLC.
I gotta disagree or at least not be a part of the universal group. Trial Mountain is a good piece of nostalgia but I actually really love the new fantasy tracks in GTS, there are a few clunkers but I'm finding quite a few of them a pleasure to drive!

Nothing, I mean NOTHING is sacred. I accepted that when Honda/BMW/Ferrari went turbo, Subaru went RWD, Audi dropped "Quattro" for "Sport", Porsche/Lamborghini/Jaguar/(maybe Ferrari) made an SUV, etc etc etc. The only constant is change itself.

I'm actually a bit annoyed that there is a 2,000,000 credit limit on the cars purchasable using this method. I want to be able to use real money to buy the high end cars that cost 20,000,000 each. I don't have time to spare to grind for them but I do have money to spare to buy them. I also bought GT Sport for a fairly low price so I don't mind spending some more on the game.

Last edited:
Could lol for days... not only do PD go against their former statement of not including microtransactions, they don't even utilise the MTs to full effect with this credit limit. Might as well just add buyable credit packs and get it over with.

I purchased the Honda S560 this morning and it asked if I wanted to use real money, is this going to happen every time I purchase a car or can I switch that off? If only I could purchase the £20,000,000 cars with real money...

Kaz be like
notsurprisedkirk.jpg

It’s not a world-ending affair. These MTX’s were tacked-on a long while after launch, so at least we know the game isn’t built around them. There’s not even a paid-exclusive car.

Even then, these are so disconnected from the progression of the game that you can even disable the option to purchase cars with real money. Just continue to play as normal.

Last edited:
Despite being able to be able to buy induviduin cars, I'd rather grind for em. There isn't any sense of satisfaction or accomplish from simply buyiny cars with real money.

GT sport has microtransactions.

But I think people should put away their pitchforks and realise that they are completely optional. At this point most of everyone should have 98% of all of the cars in the game either through grinding or winning them from the daily marathon.

At least PD didnt have it in the game in the start like all the other games with their loot boxes and pay to win schemes.

Despite being able to be able to buy induviduin cars, I'd rather grind for em. There isn't any sense of satisfaction or accomplish from simply buyiny cars with real money.

“The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different cars. As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay. We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets. Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can."

“The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different cars. As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay. We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets. Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can."

2f0qso.jpg

;)

I despise having to grind to purchase a 20mil car, but I don’t want to use real money either. All the cars should be available from the start, in any racing game. The satisfaction comes from the racing, not wasting hours and hours running the same race over and over just to acquire a car that’s on the disc already.

I despise having to grind to purchase a 20mil car, but I don’t want to use real money either. All the cars should be available from the start, in any racing game. The satisfaction comes from the racing, not wasting hours and hours running the same race over and over just to acquire a car that’s on the disc already.

But I like making money and buying cars.

I know pcars has its own PR issues, but we players made our opinions (which matches yours) very clear to SMS on unlocks and MTX on a full priced game. We would have none of it

Maybe it's because I'm a 90s kid but I prefer locking cars behind championship series and other events. In Gran Turismo Sport could be fairly simple, you could start with a limited assortment of cars going from N100 to N400 plus 2-3 random Gr.4 cars, 1-2 random Gr.3 cars and a lone random Gr.1 car.

How to unlock cars?
· Obtaining your license (different number depending on the result).
· Completing missions.
· Passing Circuit Experiences.
· Completing racing series.
· Increasing your level.

What about DLC cars?
You attach them to the new races and new circuit experiences added with each update.

It's probably the best way to make players spend a lot of time playing your game. I'm the kind of guy that thinks that winning everything on a game once should give you access to every single thing the game has to offer. Grinding should only work as a way to make the game easier like in RPGs.

Back