GT Sport's Alsace Village Track Revealed in New Preview Video

Every classic has a start. Who's to say in 5, 10 years after a (hopeful) couple more GT's that Dragon Trail isn't a 'new' original classic?

I'll be patiently waiting for the return of Cape Ring, and all its many many layouts.

Also, those Eiger hairpins!

I'll be patiently waiting for the return of Cape Ring, and all its many many layouts.

Also, those Eiger hairpins!

tenor.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whats wrong with Cape Ring lol?

Edit: That gif has me rolling btw

:lol:

That god awful jump for a start. And the fact there is a twisty one lane never ending corner on a bridge. Or the annoying curbs.

I don't want to call anything prematurely because I haven't driven on all the tracks.. But honestly so far from what I've seen, the only fantasy track I'm taking a liking to is Dragon Trail (Even though the GTS Beta wore it out) it has that classic GT vibe and creativity to it. Besides that... kinda scratching my head on how it took 4 years for PD to make some of this stuff..

I'm all for fictional tracks DO NOT GET ME WRONG, but with this whole FIA affiliation thing, it's kind of irking me that we're not seeing more of real-life circuits. To add on; the fictional circuits we're seeing look like they're 🤬 boring.. At least to me. Idk maybe some of y'all are into those countryside scenery tracks or those de la sierra geographies.. Me personally, they just look too damn bland and dead.. Hopefully the rest of this new track is a little bit more livelier than what appears, otherwise PD would be better off just bringing back tracks like Eiger, Redrock, Grand Valley, and SSR11...

Well the game be good with some original and challenging tracks to it, and if could get some the old ones back from earlier Gt games that be good as some good ones to play there, or even could give a extra disc with the option to install any tracks from old games which make more fun as well just to use in single player mode. The Gt6 never got to trading as did in Gt5 but now that won't matter anymore as going on to Gt sport now so everybody be concentrating on that game more when it out, and I will be getting this and the project cars 2 as well when out on both PS4 and Pc so have both ways to play games.

From what we've seen about this track so far, I also found it a little bit disappointing. The environement is sorely lacking of elements that remind us villages aspects, such as tiny buildings, french road signs and especially NARROWER streets so it could bring more charm and life to it. But before judging, let's wait the full reveal of the track.

This track is obviously not finished yet, so I don't understand these complaints about poor environment. Even the tracks that we saw since the first announcement in Paris still changing, and this is the first time we saw Alsace Village.

I don'tt see where is the issue ?

I don't know whole region of Alsace but there are not always trees or houses. There are many fields too.

Why it's called "Alsace Village". I see no village...(nor any signs of human habitation really :lol:)

Let's wait though.
We've seen like... 500 feet of the track. The name will probably make sense when we see a full lap.

:lol:

That god awful jump for a start. And the fact there is a twisty one lane never ending corner on a bridge. Or the annoying curbs.

The thing I liked about Cape Ring is the fact that you could put a vehicle in just about any situation imaginable... fast pif-paf slaloms, the long circular carousel of increasing g-forces, the notorious jump that led to the high speed right turn that then leads to hard left turn, hairpins, slightly reversed banking in one area... everything. And almost every section had a hard braking zone coming off fast sweeping curves. The environment was a bit drab, but there is some great driving to be had on Cape Ring.

I still look at the gif and can't help but lol though :lol:

The thing I liked about Cape Ring is the fact that you could put a vehicle in just about any situation imaginable... fast pif-paf slaloms, the long circular carousel of increasing g-forces, the notorious jump that led to the high speed right turn that then leads to hard left turn, hairpins, slightly reversed banking in one area... everything. And almost every section had a hard braking zone coming off fast sweeping curves. The environment was a bit drab, but there is some great driving to be had on Cape Ring.

I still look at the gif and can't help but lol though :lol:

I'll take Complex String over that track any day of the week.

I don'tt see where is the issue ?

I don't know whole region of Alsace but there are not always trees or houses. There are many fields too.
Just based on the small portion we've seen, do you think the track is up to the standards of the other GT fantasy tracks in the game?

Just based on the small portion we've seen, do you think the track is up to the standards of the other GT fantasy tracks in the game?

As an avid fan of the course maker, I've gotten really familiar with it in GT5 and 6. And this course looks eerily like if it was an original creation made with that tool, kinda like Circuito de la Sierra.

That fantasy track runs a perimeter around a real lake, but the road is not at all like the real roads around said lake.

This is just speculation, but I really want to know what's gonna happen with the Track Path Editor. So many people bought tablets just to be able to use the course making app, and it's not like PD to simply abandon a feature they invested so much time and resource to.

Edit: typos

Last edited:
Back