GT Sport's Mileage Exchange Brings Back the Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car

Funny what some people are asking. “I want tracks added in the mileage store” is the only thing missing here.

That some cars are coming back is a good idea, because not all people have the game from day 1. But I dont see the point why all the cars that have been sold cannot just remain in the store to be bought ?

As for the colors: is there a way to delete colors ? I have too many. Scrolling is boring.

There's a nice little thing called the discovery tab with thousands of free decals..

I would love additional striping decals. Right now I have to seriously contort some of the striping they provide to get it to the types of curves and lines I need. So yeah, user decals are nice, but there's definitely still opportunity for PD add value.

Funny what some people are asking. “I want tracks added in the mileage store” is the only thing missing here.

That some cars are coming back is a good idea, because not all people have the game from day 1. But I dont see the point why all the cars that have been sold cannot just remain in the store to be bought ?

As for the colors: is there a way to delete colors ? I have too many. Scrolling is boring.

Whats bad in having new special one offs or concept cars in the mileage exchange?

Whats bad in having new special one offs or concept cars in the mileage exchange?
They aren't in the game.

Even if they were, every time you add one to the Mileage Exchange, it will make them appear less often. Currently a Mileage Exchange car only appears for a two week period every two and a half months. Add another one to the list and it's two weeks every three months. Two more and it's two weeks every fourth month. If you have twice as many cars in the Mileage Exchange as you do now, you'll only see a car every six months of real time - and that's absolutely ludicrous.

PD should do a Gr3 road car race with BoP sometimes, there's the Atenza, WRX, Mustang, 4C, etc. already.
PD had a Road car one make a few weeks ago. I feel the issue with that is some people will be upset they don't have X car .

PD had a Road car one make a few weeks ago. I feel the issue with that is some people will be upset they don't have X car .
I'm still upset there is no n500 or600 so you can imagine how excited I would be at the prospect of faked road version of already boring, and in some cases fake, gr cars...
YES... And we really need the rest of the PD Gr.B cars to get the road car treatment. We need a VW Beetle Gr.3 Road Car too.
Do we really need it? Isn't there a road legal beetle already? They shouldn't make up these cars in the first place

I'm still upset there is no n500 or600 so you can imagine how excited I would be at the prospect of faked road version of already boring, and in some cases fake, gr cars...

Do we really need it? Isn't there a road legal beetle already? They shouldn't make up these cars in the first place

I guess my car is fake cause I designed about 25% of the body panels myself. Just to piss you and thousands of others off, I shall call my car the GR.4 79 RX-7.
You better not make a custom livery, it's not real man. Better not tune any car, that's not real either .. Evil PD beating Jaguar, VW, Ford and Alfa Romeo to the punch by making the cars before they did..

Do we really need it? They shouldn't make up these cars in the first place
Yes we do, these cars are great fun and I am pleased that PD do what they do.

Made up, fake, boring is just your BORING opinion.

They aren't too far fetched really are they. They definitely aren't in 2X or tomahawk X territory, these are all modeled from real world base model cars and any of those could easily be modified in the real world to exactly match GT Sports race trimmed/spec cars.

Here is what they need in order to please new users and old users:

35aiu79.jpg

If they add additional slots for road cars, use the bottom 2 slots for new incoming cars. Keep the top 2 slots for older cars. 👍

I guess my car is fake cause I designed about 25% of the body panels myself. Just to piss you and thousands of others off, I shall call my car the GR.4 79 RX-7.
You better not make a custom livery, it's not real man. Better not tune any car, that's not real either .. Evil PD beating Jaguar, VW, Ford and Alfa Romeo to the punch by making the cars before they did..
I didn’t know this was GT NFS.

Truth is after all this time they managed to come up with fake cars because they are just easier for them to make.

Yes we do, these cars are great fun and I am pleased that PD do what they do.

Made up, fake, boring is just your BORING opinion.

They aren't too far fetched really are they. They definitely aren't in 2X or tomahawk X territory, these are all modeled from real world base model cars and any of those could easily be modified in the real world to exactly match GT Sports race trimmed/spec cars.

So we have a real driving simulator making up a beetle for racing competition.

And let’s be honest here, people like gr 3/4 because they can just go full gas all the time with no consideration, so yes I have a different opinion of what fun is.

It usually should be the other way around. In game cars should match existing ones and not viceversa.

I am blaming PD here as they really came up with something ludicrous given all the time they had. Instead of a full game they came up with tuned cars that they invented LOL

So we have a real driving simulator making up a beetle for racing competition.

Do me a favor and google image search the bold part of that and have a look at all of the wonderful pictures, and keep scrolling down to the bottom.

It usually should be the other way around. In game cars should match existing ones and not viceversa.
Cobblers!!
People have been modifying and racing Beetles since forever. Just because there currently isn't one at quite the specs that PD have given it does not mean it should not exist in the game. It's not an impossibility that it could exist in the real world and have it's own full season racing calendar.

Even Billy Monger approves of Beetle racing.....
Billy-Monger-at-Brands-Hatch-Indy-circuit-Kent-UK-04-Jul-2017.jpg

:D 👍

Last edited:
Do me a favor and google image search the bold part of that and have a look at all of the wonderful pictures, and keep scrolling down to the bottom.

Cobblers!!
People have been modifying and racing Beetles since forever. Just because there currently isn't one at quite the specs that PD have given it does not mean it should not exist in the game. It's not an impossibility that it could exist in the real world and have it's own full season racing calendar.
:D 👍

Fine, I see your point, but then please rename this GT NFS GTA
the almost real driving simulator with almost real cars :P

They aren't in the game.

Even if they were, every time you add one to the Mileage Exchange, it will make them appear less often. Currently a Mileage Exchange car only appears for a two week period every two and a half months. Add another one to the list and it's two weeks every three months. Two more and it's two weeks every fourth month. If you have twice as many cars in the Mileage Exchange as you do now, you'll only see a car every six months of real time - and that's absolutely ludicrous.

It can be solved instantly by rotating them sooner or having more than 2 at once in the store.
Of the last two updates they could have quite easily put one of the cars in the mileage exchange rather than brand central.
I've nearly upgraded over 150 cars, and now there is hardly anything to buy each week I rarily get below 90,000.
They didn't really build in much longevity to it all if people are maxing it out without a few months of the game release

It can be solved instantly by rotating them sooner
Then people would complain that they'd not had enough time to build up Mi points to buy them.

And then they'd complain that PD were obviously setting Mi points up as a microtransaction and would start fleecing people for them.

or having more than 2 at once in the store.
The only variable quantity at the moment is the paints, which sometimes hits the 16-item limit, but often doesn't. In the first three weeks there were seven, but it's usually 14. It suggests that they can only reduce the number of items on offer, not increase without a major change. I'm fairly sure that if they were to spend any time at all on changing that, people would complain that they were not spending enough time on tracks, cars, scapes, decals, or any of the myriad things people think are mutually exclusive with UI updates.
Of the last two updates they could have quite easily put one of the cars in the mileage exchange rather than brand central.
Possibly - although so far the Mileage Exchange has been exclusively for the two non-specific prize fictional safety cars and the seven fictional homologation cars - but why?

I mean, I don't even understand why those nine cars are not purchaseable in the first place. There's plenty of fictional cars in the game that you can spend money on - most of the Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars, some of the Gr.1 cars, almost all of the Gr.X cars, almost anything called a Vision GT - so why are there nine (and nine at least plausible cars) that you can't? It makes zero sense to me to have nine cars that you can only buy once every fortnight/fourteen weeks, with zero monetary value and that, when you do buy them, are classed as gift cars with zero redemption value for selling.

And even if you double the number of cars in the Mileage Exchange and halve the time they persist, you're looking at a car you can't buy for money, that you can't sell for money, and you can only get hold of once a month. Who wants more of that?

Amongst other things, it's not exactly conducive to online racing - which is bewildering in a game aimed at esports. Say you want to enter a series that uses one of the Mileage Exchange exclusive cars, but with your busy week at work you forget to buy it. Tough luck, you're out of action until it turns up next month.

I've nearly upgraded over 150 cars, and now there is hardly anything to buy each week I rarily get below 90,000.
I'm in a similar position, with 50,000pt. But we're not the typical GT Sport player. In fact, hardly anyone at GTPlanet is.

Have you noticed that every time there's a Daily Race with a Gr.B/Gr.3 Road Car, we get new members joining to ask where they get the car, or why they can't enter with the Gr.B/Gr.3 race car that they bought? It's because the typical player is a normal person who doesn't understand these things - they see "WRX Gr.B" and buy the car called that in the place where you buy cars because that's where you buy cars; they don't know that the car they need pops up in a different place and can't be bought for money. Why would they, in any case? It's not like it's explained anywhere in the game for them - oh, it may have been once, but nobody reads those pop-up messages and will click through then hit "Don't show me this again".

They don't do 26.2 miles a day; 80% of them rarely venture online at all. They don't have huge Mi point balances because they don't drive that much and they get confused by using Mi points to upgrade cars because they think "upgrade" means "goes faster". We've had a thread on that too...

And while it's easy to think "so what" about their confusion, they're the people that fund the game's development for the 10-20,000 people who play it obsessively. The more impenetrable and baffling the game, the less likely they are to buy the next one. Making cars inaccessible is quite high on the list of ways to make the game more impenetrable and baffling. I don't think we need more inaccessible cars...

I agree with your points, however, I do feel items bought with mileage points should be something a bit exclusive or special.
A treat for those who do put in the time and effort to play sport mode, and therefore it also becomes something to lure more people into playing it if that is the only way to get something

Here is what they need in order to please new users and old users:

35aiu79.jpg

If they add additional slots for road cars, use the bottom 2 slots for new incoming cars. Keep the top 2 slots for older cars. 👍

Agree that PD could give us more choices in all parts of the Mileage Exchange.
But my question is... Is that BMW M4 Safety Car in White ? (i.e. an exact repeat of a previous vehicle) ?
As from your screenshot & my PS4 Screen, it's unclear, as looks kinda "Cream" Coloured to me.
And I've already got 3 White ones!!
Cheers anybody.

Edit to add : I've just bought the Safety Car and it's definitely not White.

Last edited:
Back