GT Sport's New Time Trial Mode Immediately Plagued By Cheating

One thing that does surprise me is that usually if you go too far off the circuit, your car gets reset, and that doesn't happen here. Maybe the track was too small here to implement that effectively.

Interesting too, is that this cheat never worked in the arcade time trial.

Tomorrow I'll be going to try this :
View attachment 840521
:cheers:

I just tried this in the arcade time trial and the car gets reset. I'm not going to try it online and risk getting one of PD's arcane bans! :ouch:

I do sorta miss the backing into the pit box money glitch though.

It is a game exploit, so the burden is on the developer to fix this. Putting tyrewalls isn't enough, if you leave the racetrack with 4 wheels, you cannot score a time or something.

The odd thing is the time penalty for hitting barriers (a.k.a. The Anti-Wallriding Penalty) is instant. Not sure why PD can’t just make the Track Limits Violation penalty instant too (in time trial mode at least)

However, I don’t mind having these barriers here, because as one person said in this thread, it’s basically just Polyphony Digital’s middle finger to GTS’ ne’er do wells

It is a game exploit, so the burden is on the developer to fix this. Putting tyrewalls isn't enough, if you leave the racetrack with 4 wheels, you cannot score a time or something.
As I said, it was present in GT5/6 and sometimes even harsher.

GTS doesn't have one, for some reason.

Last edited:
If you want 7y olds to play your game, you gotta offer some sandboxes to play with :sly: ...

Last edited:
You don't need to worry about lag and connections when you do a damn time trial.
That's a good point, although this case does have some similarity to the Goodwood race a while back and some others where people have exploited the game mechanics by crossing the line before the system can/has registered the infringement.

Back