GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
They actually do. Bonus points for Toyota USA for removing the Toyota Celsior and Aristo from Maximum Tune 5's US release because they're not branded by their Lexus counterparts unlike Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3. They argued they didn't think the F10 LS 400 and JZS161 GS 300 are fit to appear in the game, and threatened to either have Bandai Namco instead model their all-new LS/GS models with Lexus licensing or remove them completely.

I also realised the MINI in question is one of the few supercharged cars in the game. That alone must be why it was chosen.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

And yeah, perhaps. Too bad though that you can't even really hear the supercharger kick in.

As for muscle cars, GT Sport have been introducing some vintage cars but clearly doesn't know what to do it.
If they created different classes for vintage cars (Vx00 for vintage or Cxx0 for classic or Hxx0 for istoric or whatever they would like to call it), with would be great to make lobbies of vintage cars only.

If custom races and lobbies would allow the player to choose what cars would be grid eligible and placed in the race then a player could make up whatever "vintage" races they preferred, all the way from class based trans am style to multi-class vintage races such as Daytona 24 hours.

The potential is there to allow so many combinations and it would be so easy to add such capabilities.

Has anyone tried using the Mercedes W08 since the update? I just bought it now, and whenever I brake the car for a corner or whatever, the throttle just dies and stays off for a whole while. Isn't this a bug that was supposed to be fixed??

Bought the Zonda: didn't expect it to be so stable and reliable while turning. Sounds ok i guess
The engine sound is not horrible - I think they got v12 tone (a tiny bit higher would do no harm though) - but that insane exhaust resonnance isnt there and it needs to be louder. The reason it doesnt sound like a Zonda R. Could be to do with just taking the audio straight from the intake sound of a C12, but I bet they will fine tune it, next update...

damn man, this patch just bunch of problem. From stuck on black screen to stuck on finish, man I just want play for fun not get this problem and I didn't have much time too

Thanks for linking that - I did subscribe to watch the GT race but unsubbed because they were doing this other thing where they actually made the cars in Gran Turismo Sport in real life and then had made actual tracks too, and they were all driving round pretending it was GT Sport. Mad. It'll never catch on, and there was a notable lack of PENALTY but it looked really impressive.

For the sake of an interesting comparison, I decided to try and test this. BMW M3 GT against the BMW M6 GT3 Walkenhorst at the Nürburgring (Since they are both specially made for the 24 Hour race). Default setup and stock power for both, no BOP either. I wouldn't say I am one of the fastest, but here's the result:

View attachment 778845

Can confirm this is straight up Homicide.
I gather that my yardstick was a pathetic base of comparison:lol:

Has anyone tried using the Mercedes W08 since the update? I just bought it now, and whenever I brake the car for a corner or whatever, the throttle just dies and stays off for a whole while. Isn't this a bug that was supposed to be fixed??
Yeah it feels like absolute crap. I don't know if it's a bug or actually set up that way. I'd rather it be a bug though.

I gather that my yardstick was a pathetic base of comparison:lol:

Yeah it feels like absolute crap. I don't know if it's a bug or actually set up that way. I'd rather it be a bug though.

I've posted a video on my thread, watch it and see if it's the same as you're experiencing

I've said (written) this before...but honestly !! :confused::eek::boggled:
PD could have released GT Sport with every single car & track from every previous incarnation of Gran Turismo and some would still be complaining.
Every free update adds something good/great to the Game.
Sure it would be great to have Variable Real Time Weather, Spa, Your Favorite Car, etc, etc.
But how about appreciating what we've got ? Glass Half Full kinda thing !! :cool:
Thanks for the update PD. :bowdown:

Makes sense to have the 2016 BMW DTM against the 2016 Super GT GT-r

Actually, in real life, the Super GT cars are much faster than DTM cars. In 2017 last weekend of Super GT, celebrating the signing of the final agreement to unify the regulations, there was a Mercedes doing some laps that where some 8 seconds slower than Super GT cars. Considering that some setup work could trim some seconds, still it's a huge gap.
The 2.0 L4 turbocharged engines from Super GT are more powerful (in excess of 100 bhp) to the 4.0 V8 NA from DTM and for development tires instead of spec Hankook tires, used on DTM.

I think you still don't know what I'm talking about. Yes, I know that there are several layouts for eal world tracks in GT:S. My point is that they never added some later. Yes, new tracks like Red Bull Ring, Monza etc. have different layouts from the beginning (cause they are later added tracks) but Nürburgring GP didn't get any additional one. There are more.

http://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/germany/nurburgring.html#.W-RabJNKiUk

Well, Monza and Brands Hatch were in GT6 from the beggining, and they added 80's versions much later, so... Not Nurburgring in particular, but others yes.

Well at least the Jag and Subaru were nice to drive. The Ferrari was overpriced in GT6 and now it’s even pricier.

See you next month.

I would advise caution, expect only one update, with only one car, on 24th December, and it will be this:

image.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out where all these "too many chicanes" and "too many slow corners" and "no flow" are, at Catalunya.

Have I got the perfect track for you!

We already got a track like that in the game,Nothern Isle may be just as tight as Dover.

I'm coming around to really liking Cataluyna. New Gr 2 cars are perfect for this place. While I absolutely like the NSX the most overall, the Lexus is freaking perfect here. Stock. GT League, pro. Just go do it. Great event.
It really is a nice track. Anything above Gr.4, makes me appreciate Turn 1 entry and using some finesse at each corner.

Back