GT Sport's Next Content Update is On Its Way

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,712 comments
Hi, I see in the patch notes that they added the possibility to see our ranking divided for age, region, city, but I don't find anything, is this related only to FIA championship?

Hi, I see in the patch notes that they added the possibility to see our ranking divided for age, region, city, but I don't find anything, is this related only to FIA championship?

It’s only on the fia ranking you get the additional rankings

It's not even built from a road car, it's purpose built for racing. Really odd choice there. The car will dominate Group 4 because it has the best handling.

I gather that it was a matter of when, not if, we were getting Le Mans. All the signs were there pointing directly to it's inclusion. But I must admit, it blows SMS' effort out of the water. It looks soo much more accurate; you wouldn't expect anything less.

Another thing to note - the C9 actually sounds like a V8 now. Big improvement. However, I'm more surprised about the sound of the R92CP. It's a much deeper note than I was expecting, and it's great. The XJR-9 has also improved greatly. It is so good to see some legends of the game come back, and the fact we can access this content FOR FREE is amazing. It has made my entire week.
Haven't tried the C9 yet but I love the sound of the XJR-9. And the Megane Trophy is definitely an odd choice for Group 4 given that it's a one make silhouette car.

I'm so glad that la Sarthe no longer has those massive dips and bumps that made the cars hop around like rally cars. It looked so unrealistic when comparing old GT gameplay with real life footage. The track seems wider than previous models as well. I absolutely love this update! Couldn't be happier!

just checking out the newly-added Group C cars... as I was viewing the R92CP in Brand Central, I can't help but notice the very light scratch marks on its nose when the light reflects on them :odd: My instant reaction was "Are you kidding me?? They seriously took the time to include every single scratch line from the model that was lent to them??? :odd::odd:" Their attention to detail is just... insane. Through the roof. Over 9000 :crazy::crazy::crazy:

(Even if I don't have GTS...) Great update.

Gotta love la sartha.
But Fiat 500... from all cars that PD should waste time remaking, Fiat 500... I mean, I love to also have cars like that, but GTS is missing some big name road cars.

Just be aware... R92CP still my favourite
DecEZaeVMAAxhMZ

And the Megane Trophy is definitely an odd choice for Group 4 given that it's a one make silhouette car.

As I've said before, I believe in Endurance racing it races/raced in SP3-GT4 because its performance is most on par with GT4. Don't know what its in game specs are but I suspect it would be too slow for Gr3. 400hp in real-life?

As I've said before, I believe in Endurance racing it races/raced in SP3-GT4 because its performance is most on par with GT4. Don't know what its in game specs are but I suspect it would be too slow for Gr3. 400hp in real-life?
In game the Megane Trophy has around 350 hp and weighs 2140 so pounds. So probably not fast enough for Group 3.

J.D
Yeah Le Mans ! I can finally push to the limits Veyron and Chiron :cool: :dopey: :crazy:
So i tested both and stock Veyron goes to 384 km/h the track is too short for more i think the real Veyron needs longer track length to reach 400 and Le Mans main straight is only 6 km, Bugatti VGT (with stock power and increased weight to max) goes to 453 km/h.

Does the G29 stick shifter work on the Sauber C9? Can anyone confirm? I'm asking because it didn't work on GT6, did work for the 787B, though.

Mustang is a 5.0 v8 - this is a 5.0 v8... it makes sense. Not.

Try this on. I didnt expect much sound wise from PD and yet I'm still disappointed.

But you have to remember where PD came from. The Sauber sounded nothing like a V8 in GT6; at least now it does. In addition, PD haven't quite nailed the big V8 sound yet, but they're getting there.

It sounds like something... That isn't a Sauber C9.

I really do believe all of PD's sound engineers are deaf, Its 2018 and still they make most cars sound crap.
That's a bit insulting mate. I don't think they intentionally make cars sound like crap.

I really do believe all of PD's sound engineers are deaf, Its 2018 and still they make most cars sound crap.
I think they're using the same generic V8 audio sample heard on other cars in GTS. By the way, I don't think they're deaf: they simply can't be bothered to do their homework properly. That's a shame and the reason why they're at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to engine sounds.

Haven't tried the C9 yet but I love the sound of the XJR-9. And the Megane Trophy is definitely an odd choice for Group 4 given that it's a one make silhouette car.

Agree, this car should be a Gr. X car and used for one-make races like the Renault Sport R.S 01, it's not a GR.4 or GT4 car, this is why i'm not going to buy it, it's just a out of place car :embarrassed: :).

Last edited:

Jan Seyffarth "tested" some sim racing games on his YT channel, everytime using the AMG GT3 that he also drives in rl. All in all, he was content with how the car was looking and sounding in most sims. GT Sport wasn't one of the tested games.

He also has a segment where viewers can send in their lap and he rates it and gives advice. In this segment, someone sent in a lap on the Nürburgring with the AMG from GT Sport. His very first reaction was "Uh, that doesn't sound like the AMG at all".

Agree, this car should be a Gr. X car and used for one-make races like the Renault Sport R.S 01, it's not a GR.4 or GT4 car, this is why i'm not going to buy it, it's just a out of place car :embarrassed: :).

Would you say the same thing about a KTM X-Bow GT4? Because you could argue that it has about the same power and weight as the Mégane, it’s more or less also a purpose-built race car (with a carbon monocoque no less), so how is that different?

And since this is a game, and GT4<>Gr.4, I think it’s the right decision to put it in Gr.4.

Has anyone done any comparisons on laptimes between the Group C cars individually and against other Gr.1 cars? Would be very interesting to see lap data from those cars with and without BoP to see how they compare :)

Back