GT Sport's Next Content Update is On Its Way

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,712 comments
Le Mans, Group C and an AAA racing game in the late 2010's acknowledging the any of the first five Lancer Evos. Amazing update!

Only duds though I'd say are the '16 Clio and '15 BRZ, but hey, can't be GT without padding the car list with only minorly different cars. :lol:

Yeah you keep telling yourself that.....
Well, lets see what we have here:
  • 1968 Fiat 500 F (N100)
  • 1988 Jaguar XJR-9 (Gr.1)
  • 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 (N400)
  • 1989 Sauber Mercedes C9 (Gr.1)
  • 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR (N300)
  • 1992 Nissan R92CP (Gr.1)
  • 2011 Renault Sport Megane Trophy (Gr.4)
  • 2016 Renault Sport Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy (N200)
  • 2015 Subaru BRZ S (N200)
Starting off, we have the 2016 Clio as a (technically) new car to the series. The rest of the cars are returning vehicles from Gran Turismo 5/6.

Of particular note are the Nissan R92CP, which were previously only available as standard models. Given that those models date back to Gran Turismo 4, all of their reference data, measurements, etc are inaccurate and not usable, given the change in modeling methods between GT4 and GT5. Thus, these cars would have had to been made from scratch.

The rest of the cars were premium models, and while they probably reused data and reference materials from GT5/6, they are still new meshes. Not "recycled" as you suggested.

The return of Le Mans was inevitable, simply being that it is a very iconic track and that many people were whining asking for it to return. Once the update arrives people will be able to compare it to it's GT5 incarnation. I'm sure there's been some improvements since then.

So of all the content included in this update. The closest to be "recycled" would be the Clio, which is frankly a choice I'm not fond of.

Spa is your so call “content from older games “ too
satire.PNG

Yay, another update featuring new (recycled) cars and tracks from GT6 (minus the time progression). Time to just load up GT6 and enjoy the other tracks PD bothered giving us in the past... This franchise is officially dead to me.

Please, you have to understand that some of us like myself never play GT6. So everything is new to us and let us enjoy this moment. Thanks kindly.

Please, you have to understand that some of us like myself never play GT6. So everything is new to us and let us enjoy this moment. Thanks kindly.
Trust me you're missing out on a ton of cool cars from GT6 like the AAR Cuda, the XNR Ghia roadster, the Shelby GT350, the Ferrari Daytona, the 288 GTO, the 250 GTO, the Cizeta V16T, the Lamborghini Countach 25th anniversary, the Lexus LFAs, the Zonda R and Huayra, the BMW Z8 and 507, the E92 M3, and many more.

And don't forget the Renault R8 Gordini and the Murcielago LP-670 4, and the C2 Corvette Stingray.

All this is but a fraction of the material PD can pull from.

Trust me you're missing out on a ton of cool cars from GT6 like the AAR Cuda, the XNR Ghia roadster, the Shelby GT350, the Ferrari Daytona, the 288 GTO, the 250 GTO, the Cizeta V16T, the Lamborghini Countach 25th anniversary, the Lexus LFAs, the Zonda R and Huayra, the BMW Z8 and 507, the E92 M3, and many more.

How's the graphics compare to GTS and can you play it with the PS4 console?

How's the graphics compare to GTS and can you play it with the PS4 console?
It's a PS3 game from 5 years ago with PS2 to ok to great graphics depending on what you're doing or looking at, GTS is quite the leap technologically and quality wise overall. The PS3 Gran Turismos infamously featured every car from GT4 directly from the PS2 with all the PS2 polygons and lack of interiors alongside the made for PS3 Premium cars which were less than half the amount of standard cars, as well as certain slightly upscaled tracks as well. GT6 has several features GT Sport doesn't have like progressive time of day and weather effects on certain tracks but those took quite a toll on the game's performance. It's a PS3 only game so you can't play it on your PS4.

Back