GT Sprint Cup 1 year Anniversary Race, Friday 27th March

• Thread starter HoonigaN96
  • 145 comments

Which cars would you prefer for the 300km?

• Gr3 cars same as the Sprint Cup Series

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Gr1/3 multiclass

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • VGT cars using 3 selected and balanced GrX cars

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The race has been quiet from my side, not fast enough to stay with @HoonigaN96 and @PTLobo2 but fast enough to keep my 3rd place. So I just decided to stay on track and avoid penalties.

Then at lap 41 my wheel overheated and went off (again...:banghead:). I'm already looking for a Fanatec wheel for the end of the year.

First experience in multiclass racing, and I was really surprised how fun slaloming between gr3 cars can be.:D

I had a really enjoyable race with Drex, it was a back and forth battle for the whole race, one of us would get a bit of breathing space then the other would catch up, I thought I'd got away before the pit stop but he caught me up on new tyres, then I caught back up as the tyres wore, nothing in it for the last few laps, gap down to .5 at one point, then Drex ran out of fuel. Agree on the passing Gr3 cars, great driving from all of them and really added to the excitement. I'd be interested in doing another one or a series.

I think the standard of driving was pretty good, I only had a little thump off of a P1 going past, rest was clean.
The only slight incident was the Orange P1 ( dunno who it was :^) )caught me at Fagnes, he closed fast just as I was going across for the next turn in, he looked to dive to the inside, I automatically steered out, but so did he, we both kinda mirrored movements a couple of times. No problem, pass was made without any touching, just good driving all round from both classes I think.
Was a pleasure to race in. Checking the laptimes, apart from the the first 2, I was lapping about the same as everyone else I think, just my usual small errors not letting me catch up and a very bad opening stint. Thanks guys, I had fun.
Thinking Paulo will want another run anyway....

Great race @AudiMan2011 !
Thanks @HoonigaN96 for organizing
The Mustang was fast but a bit too front-heavy for me. I chose it without even having it in my garage, signed with Ford in Manufacturer Series to aquire it, but I would probably have chosen something MR if I would do the race again. Did a few small errors and had no real plan so realized lap 23 that I had no idea how many laps the race would be for the Gr.3 cars. A 2-stopper would have been faster for me. The ABS-bug got me again and that means full braking is dangerous for tyre wear so had to adjust my driving. Overall a very fun race and the last lap alone was worth it, first time doing multiclass and I liked it. If someone wants to make a similar event in the future, count me in!

Im in but Gr1/Gr3 for me.
The WEC calendar in 2021 would go to fuji, monza, spa and le mans. So those tracks should be in our calendar aswell imo. Interlagos is also a possibility as it was supposed to host a race this year, but it was cancelled due to lack of funds. Final race could be a fictional track, something like maggiore could work.

Im in but Gr1/Gr3 for me.
The WEC calendar in 2021 would go to fuji, monza, spa and le mans. So those tracks should be in our calendar aswell imo. Interlagos is also a possibility as it was supposed to host a race this year, but it was cancelled due to lack of funds. Final race could be a fictional track, something like maggiore could work.
Off the top of my head I was thinking an intercontinental series
Nurburgring
Fuji
Monza
Interlagos
Laguna Seca
Le Mans
?
Maybe restrict it to 919, TS050 and R18 in Gr1 and 5 selected Gr3 cars with custom BoP to even the playing field?

LMP1 only for me, Gr1 BoP is a mess trying to balance LMP1s, Gr1 and Gr. C in one single class. That calendar works for me. Ive already learned Laguna in the LMP1 for Kuraudo's cancelled IMSA series anyway. That will be quite chaotic to lap cars.

LMP1 only for me, Gr1 BoP is a mess trying to balance LMP1s, Gr1 and Gr. C in one single class. That calendar works for me. Ive already learned Laguna in the LMP1 for Kuraudo's cancelled IMSA series anyway. That will be quite chaotic to lap cars.
Encounters a wild Gr3 around the corkscrew :lol:

Encounters a wild Gr3 around the corkscrew :lol:
I predict lots of Rossi maneuvers.

I'm interested but my Friday slot is already filled every other week, so I'd have to give the first few races a miss most likely.

Gr.1/Gr3 would get my vote.

Friday's are normally full for me too, myself and the other MRC guys only have 15/20 minutes after the SCA race before the league race starts when the season is on the go. (From 17/4 to 29/5 for this season. Outside of that I'd love to race.)

@Drex124 @PTLobo2 @Lazybike @Spinerkopin @GTP_Guido @paoloevans @WanganGhost @si_berian_tiger @Harsk100 @skivit76 @AudiMan2011 @Standard_FV @Raptor013 @Mark blacky @sota59
Since the response from this race seems to be quite good, how do people feel about making a running series, around 5-6 races once a month like the Sprint Cup but on different Fridays? If we did do it would you prefer Gr1/3 WEC or Gr2/3 Super GT?
Hell yea man. I have alot more time now. I would like to do either

I like the idea of a Gr1 / Gr3 series. Perhaps run on a Saturday night European time so it does clash with all the different Friday night series that are out there.

Thanks @HoonigaN96 for organizing and hosting. :cheers:

After rejoining the lobby just before qualifying I forgot to check my ABS and so the ABS-bug got me.
It was rough for me on DS4 but it was a good race and I had a lot of fun racing with you guys.
Very fast drivers and very respectful. 👍

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

I like the idea of a Gr1 / Gr3 series. Perhaps run on a Saturday night European time so it does clash with all the different Friday night series that are out there.
Pretty sure there's FIA on Saturday nights, I don't normally do FIA but it may limit the entries.

I personally feel like friday nights would be the best option. Its a schedule we know works for most people and its a safer bet to get the entry number up imo. But if some guys have other leagues after, we could try starting the races earlier for example, maybe at 7:20pm.

If anyone wants to see what the back half of the LMP field was like.

I probably should have practiced a bit more. Just wasn't prepared for the difference that driving the Toyota in the draft made, which meant the top three disappeared into the horizon somewhere on lap two. After that half a race of getting to grips with the car, and some unlucky encounters with traffic in slow parts of the track ended me up some 8 seconds behind Trevonick. Second half of the race went much better though, for the most part... Ended up gaining two seconds back through the pit stop, then rapidly reeled Trevonick back in over the next few laps, fast enough that I started to wonder if he had changed tires or not. Lap 29 I got lucky when he caught Audiman in the wrong spot and was able to zip past going into the bus stop. From there it was a fun battle to keep him behind me, until several mistakes let him back past. It wouldn't have made much difference though, as my terrible math left me with just enough fuel to run out half way through the final lap. At least I got to see a bit of the battle for the lead in Gr.3.

Really interesting to see the speed difference from the LMP side. I noticed that I held you up a couple of times though Radilion and Eau Rouge - sorry Drex.

That's probably the worst part of the circuit to go catch at Gr.3 car. Only one line through! In a Gr.3 car, you just have to 'hang on' and there is no room for adjusting your line to allow faster cars though. I suppose that is part of the fun and challenge though.

Really interesting to see the speed difference from the LMP side. I noticed that I held you up a couple of times though Radilion and Eau Rouge - sorry Drex.

That's probably the worst part of the circuit to go catch at Gr.3 car. Only one line through! In a Gr.3 car, you just have to 'hang on' and there is no room for adjusting your line to allow faster cars though. I suppose that is part of the fun and challenge though.
Trying to predict where the Gr3 car was going to be was half the gun, personally if I saw I was going to catch a Gr3 car through Eau Rouge, I'd lift off before to try and time it to pass them as I crested the hill

Same at the entry of pouhon and before Paul Frere. Its better to lift beforehand than to catch a much slower car in the middle of a fast, mostly one line, corner.

Back