GT Sprint Cup 1 year Anniversary Race, Friday 27th March

• Thread starter HoonigaN96
  • 145 comments

Which cars would you prefer for the 300km?

• Gr3 cars same as the Sprint Cup Series

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Gr1/3 multiclass

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • VGT cars using 3 selected and balanced GrX cars

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think so. We currently have 2 guys from the series on the reserves that will only know if they can participate or not very close in time to the race. Series members would get priority but because of the uncertainty of said entries, i personally think it would be fine to add you. However, @HoonigaN96 is the one who makes the calls, so we'll have to wait for his judgement.

I think so. We currently have 2 guys from the series on the reserves that will only know if they can participate or not very close in time to the race. Series members would get priority but because of the uncertainty of said entries, i personally think it would be fine to add you. However, @HoonigaN96 is the one who makes the calls, so we'll have to wait for his judgement.
I'm in the same boat unfortunately, since friends and their birthday surprises might crop up but I should be able to participate because of the quarantine... is it okay if I sign up as a reserve?

I'm in the same boat unfortunately, since friends and their birthday surprises might crop up but I should be able to participate because of the quarantine... is it okay if I sign up as a reserve?
Yes mate that's fine, as Lobo said the other guys will get priority due to having participated in the previous series, but but if for whatever reason they cannot join, your free to fill in

Hi guys,

Can confirm I'll be able to take the starting grid as I was able to get a 9am Sydney time start for work that day.

GTPlanet name: Raptor013
PSN Name: Raptor_Race_13
Car: #013 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GT3

7062309420874596888_0.jpg

Has everybody raced in a multi-class race before?

I did it once in a Gr.3 car and it scared the bejesus out of me when those Gr.1 cars came hurtling by. You have to really pay attention when cars are coming up to lap you, and you really need to not do anything the Gr.1 drivers might not expect. Towards the end of the race I was basically driving off the track to try and avoid causing the leaders any issues :)

Has everybody raced in a multi-class race before?

I did it once in a Gr.3 car and it scared the bejesus out of me when those Gr.1 cars came hurtling by. You have to really pay attention when cars are coming up to lap you, and you really need to not do anything the Gr.1 drivers might not expect. Towards the end of the race I was basically driving off the track to try and avoid causing the leaders any issues :)

I've been on both ends of multiclass racing and it's ends up being an exercise in patience when in the faster class. I came to learn in the slower class to generally hold your own line and let the faster class figure their own way to get past.

@Drex124 @PTLobo2 @Lazybike @Spinerkopin @GTP_Guido @paoloevans @WanganGhost @si_berian_tiger @Harsk100 @skivit76 @AudiMan2011 @Standard_FV @Raptor013 @Mark blacky @sota59

Sheltie makes a good point, the easiest thing I find when lapping or being lapped in multiclass races is;
If its a different class car lapping you, ie Gr1 lapping a Gr3, the Gr3 car should hold its line and the much faster Gr1 will find its way around. So Gr3 cars please just drive normally when it's a Gr1 car approaching you.

If it's the same class car lapping you then move over safely to let it past, ie at the end of a straight pull to one side lift off before the braking zone and let it through

@Drex124 @PTLobo2 @Lazybike @Spinerkopin @GTP_Guido @paoloevans @WanganGhost @si_berian_tiger @Harsk100 @skivit76 @AudiMan2011 @Standard_FV @Raptor013 @Mark blacky @sota59

Sheltie makes a good point, the easiest thing I find when lapping or being lapped in multiclass races is;
If its a different class car lapping you, ie Gr1 lapping a Gr3, the Gr3 car should hold its line and the much faster Gr1 will find its way around. So Gr3 cars please just drive normally when it's a Gr1 car approaching you.

If it's the same class car lapping you then move over safely to let it past, ie at the end of a straight pull to one side lift off before the braking zone and let it through

Noted 👍

No idea where I am gonna be, but defo at the rear. :D
Faster guys, I expect you to get past me, I'm gonna be ignoring you until we get to the usual overtake places, staying on the racing line, LMP1 can figure it out for themselves, GT3's, I'll move off line and lift to let you past when you get within a second or less.
There is gonna be contact, it's gonna happen, but we all raced together before, never heard of any rage crashes, enjoy and have a good 'un, see y'all on track.
Is anyone putting a party up? I'll have one on the go anyway.

:lol: just scrolled up and saw @HoonigaN96 posted similar too, my bad, shoulda read the old posts first.:dopey:
Less than a second is a good gauge, Blue Flags are shown way to early in this game in the same class, I understand the LMP boys will be closing faster, but the GT's speed difference should be less, and the rear view mirror is deceptive on the actual distance to the car behind.

:lol: just scrolled up and saw @HoonigaN96 posted similar too, my bad, shoulda read the old posts first.:dopey:
Less than a second is a good gauge, Blue Flags are shown way to early in this game in the same class, I understand the LMP boys will be closing faster, but the GT's speed difference should be less, and the rear view mirror is deceptive on the actual distance to the car behind.
Practice last night was good for working out overtaking lapped cars, and in the Lmps at least it was easy, just wait until a straight, or even around the outside of pouhoun worked a couple of times, so much faster everywhere overtaking is easy

Back