GT Won is done.PS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 324 comments
after you said it sounded like a scalextric I'm struggling to take it seriously :lol:.
haha, its still my favourite to drive (especially now im using stable), but its still more tricky for me than some of the others. So sensible head says dont use it, fun head says give it a go.
Yes @IfAndOr can you (if possible) mention which two? tracks for Monday? give me a chance of a run before Monday night.

Ah yes sorry.

It was going to be a try out of the teams idea but, hmm, I haven't got around to sorting if out fully. And I was hoping that Zolon might like a trial of his idea but he hasn't been on to ask. So...

I might try out something completely different for the day. I think we'll try one of the oldest cars in the game on some of the oldest tracks in the game.
Give the 1963 Agajanian Watson Roadster (Vintage Indy) a go around a few of the classic layouts of the circuits in PC2. There's vintage Le Mans, Spa, Hockenheim, Monza, Rouen Les Essarts GP and Silverstone to choose from. Hopefully it should be a fun interlude.

Last edited:
@RACECAR I enjoyed your commentary on the cars and had similar experiences with them myself. Curious about your comments on the Ferrari - how come you thought it wouldn't hold up to the others, on initial appearances?
Both in appearance and the feel of it. Initially looking at the lineup, the Ferrari just seems like its massively outdeveloped with how it seems more inline with 1995 GT Regulations then the rest of the cars that effectively just prototypes barely resembling GTs. In terms of driving, its abit deceptive: It feels like its the slowest out of the bunch, doesn't give me near the idea that I'm right there on the limit like the others do. Yet it manages to be just as good as the Mercedes when it comes to sheer cornering capability, at times even better. Its a car that really surprised me.

Had fun this race !
Which game is that? :mischievous:

I haven't tried it for a while but have they changed the sound of the MX5? It sounds like an angry electric sewing machine! I think it's all that gearbox whine that does it.

PC2 could have done with a few more lower powered cars in its list, they can be great for close racing.

Track History Of Brno, maps and some films motorbike racing. The original circuit would be, 18 miles long.

And I was hoping that Zolon might like a trial of his idea but he hasn't been on to ask.
Hey, hey, hey, thanks Paul, I'd be delighted to give my little project a "Proof of Concept" outing, if others agree to run it.

And, to that end, I'll fill in a little detail...

It's a handicap series. Everyone drives car B in the first race. However, thereafter, the two drivers who have had (on average) the best finishes, leading up to any particular race, drive car A in that race. The person who has the worst average finish drives car D, and the two drivers who's finishes are on average just ahead of that poor sole drive car C, all others continue in car B.

In this case, the cars are:

Vintage Touring car Group A.

So, car A is, the Nissan 240Z.

Car B is the Porsche 911.

Car C is the Ferrari 365.

Car D is the stupendous E-Type.

Since this is just a shakedown run I would expect to do a series of ten minute races in quick succession. I'll let everyone know when car changes are required. I would suggest a track that we are all familiar with, perhaps Silverstone, which is nice and wide. Tires and fuel will suffer no degradation, and the weather will be kind.

Since we can't set the grids our selves, and qualifying for each race would be a bit of a pain, we'll have to go with random grids.

So, if you fancy it, there it is. I am planning a full championship along the same lines, which will feature much longer races, tyre wear and fuel use, but that is for some time in the future.

Cheers, Zo.

Hi Zo, glad you've survived your anniversary. :)

Sounds good. The idea worked on your Supercar championship so hopefully should work again.

So that's 2 possibilities for this evening. I'd say it might be best to see how many we've got racing today. If there's a good crowd it'd be a better test for the handicapping system. I know there's 3 missing for next week now so...

I'm not sure how many have been practising in the old Indy car but we could run that next week when there's less people around, I don't mind either way.

Sorry can't race next Monday, going up to Glasgow, so will miss Brno.
No you wont, we've got 2 weeks to fill before the GT1s start. ;)

Shame the supercomputer will be back in storage for a bit,
The trouble with his supercomputer is that it's so powerful that when he turns it on it makes his TV switch off. It really needs its own generator, or some more ink.

Yes the car swapping worked well I thought. Given time everyone would become more used to the cars. Although Napalm didn't need much time!

Yes it was a fun system, I enjoyed the porsche in every race (and I enjoyed looking at the Ferrari every time I saw it). I did consider accidentally crashing even more than usual, just so I could drive it. It was definitely more complicated that I thought, and it definitely needed someone to tell people which car they were allowed.

Yes 'enjoyed the Porsche' (sort of). But the other day I raced the RS.01 Renault at Bathurst, ohh man that was fun!

Last edited:
Have only tested half the tracks but so far, I keep coming to the same conclusion: I am not looking forward to the race where I have to drive the Nissan. Sakitto, all the others were fun. The Nissan, nope. Laguna Seca, super fun with the other cars. Nissan, nope. It's been the slowest and most frustrating of all the cars so far, just plows so much and then snaps loose. Regardless if it's a loose setup or Stable setup, I find it impossible to enjoy this car.

I am not looking forward to the race where I have to drive the Nissan. I find it impossible to enjoy this car.
Well if you don't get onto the podium in just 1 of the other cars you won't have to use the Nissan. 😉

7 races 7 cars to choose from - if you want. You only have to swap out of a car for the championship if you finish in the top 3 during one of the meeting's races.

For the last races on week 8 you can use any car again. Including, you'll be pleased to know, the Nissan. ☺

That maybe the case Joe. Actually I've driven the Nissan a few more times and It's grown on me. The interior view is a bit restricted though, it's like looking through a letter box. ☺

Although if everyone is avoiding it as long as possible week 7 could have quite a few Nissans on the grid!

At the moment, I think I dislike the McLaren more, so may be joining you sooner in the Nissan... That's assuming I get podiums, I think this will be a very competitive series. So I might just be in the Porsche all the time! (It's my favourite, honest)

Great session that, cheers @Zolon32.
Thanks Joe. I've had a word with Paul, and it looks like the VGTA Handicap Championship will run on Mondays, following on from The GT Won. And I can't imagine a better circuit to start at than Silverstone GP, since everyone has already learned just how much kerb the Porsche will take before it does a 180.

There might be a minor alteration to the car choice regarding the handicap, and there will only be two races per meeting, which will each be significantly more than 10 minutes long, but the feel will be much the same as last Monday. I'm right looking forward to it.

Cheers, Zo.

I'm a bit confused...

When does this race series start ?
Sorry for the confusion Don. Due to Mario, Napalm and John not being able to meet the original date of the 2nd race I've held the start of the GT1s for 2 weeks.

The GT1 championship will begin on Monday the 11th of October.
(I've added this to the 1st post now)

That still leaves next week free for something!

Last edited:
This two wheels, motorbike film, Missile From The East. About Ernest Degner, MZ rider from East Germany, to West 60 years ago. He would take the knowledge, to Suzuki and start two stoke revelation.

Back