Still here.
Premium
Seychelles
Shropshire
IfAndOr
The GT Wonders

GT1 - 1.jpg

GT1 - 2.jpg

The Gt1 championship will begin on the 11th of October.
Mondays @ 20.00 UK

The GT1s are, considering their power output, surprisingly docile beasts, I think that's because they are fitted with race soft tyres as standard.​

The format is relatively straightforward. 8 weeks in the GT1s at some fairly wide faster flowing tracks.

Every evening there'll be 3 races at one circuit*. A 10 minute (sprint) race then a 25 minute (endurance) race followed by a 15 minute race. Each race will have 5 minutes qualification with a point being awarded to the person in pole position. 3 points are available during the session. There will be no fastest lap point.
(If you could post up the qualification screens as well Andreas that would help. Thanks)

The 25 minute race will feature a compulsory pit stop. The pit window will be open for 15 minutes and is between 5 minutes from the start and 5 minutes before the finish.

Each week everyone must pick one GT1 car and then stay with it for the evenings 3 races. Some of the cars suit some of the tracks better than others so it's worth trying them all out.

If a driver finishes on the podium they must continue to use the car for that evening but then can't use that car again until week 8 (there are 7 GT1s). Everyone else can pick any car for the following week, including the same car they've just used if they want.
Although there are differences between how the cars handle the lap times are fairly similar, so it's not too much of an handicap. It just means the faster guys can't get too comfortable with one car. It'll also give a bit of variety on the grid.

*Week 8 will be slightly different. It will feature 2 x 35 minute races at 2 different tracks - both with qualification and pit stops. Everyone will be allowed to choose their 2 favourite cars from the series and use 1 for each race.

> New info.
For the final 2 races I'm introducing a bit of strategy. We will be using accelerated tyre wear. Depending on the car and your driving style(!) 1 set may just last each race - but only just. You might like to consider a tyre change.
However to affect your tactics and car choices further one race will have rain and the other might have rain. I won't say which or when because you'll have to adapt on the fly, but that will become obvious because it'll rain. Or not. :)

There is not a compulsory pit stop required but you might need to stop anyway.

I'm thinking of probably using my own weather generation system again but limiting it to the warmer months. So there'll be no snow in the GT1s. Lot's of horse power and frozen water isn't the best combination.

A change that might not go down well initially is that the interior view will be forced on. There is some reasoning behind this though. Firstly, it'll even everyone up in this more serious championship, bonnet/window damage and rain will affect all. Secondly It'll make the choice of car more relevant, particularly with the podium handicapping system. There are none that have bad vision, but there are differences.

During testing all the cars I found that when using an exterior view they all felt a bit the same. When using interior view they all felt so different, they become more individual. When you get used to it it's much more enjoyable.
You might need to move the seat position around to suit. The game saves the position on a per car basis. Or then again it you might find it OK.

Traction control and ABS will not be allowed for all cars this time. However realistic driving aids will be forced on so that aids will be available on the cars that have them - some have ABS and TC, some just ABS and some have none.

The races will begin with a rolling start (computer controlled). Damage will be visual only. Track limits will be off but all other penalties will be on. Tyre wear and fuel usage will be set to normal. The chance of mechanical damage will be on.

TRACK LIST
Brno
Fuji
Sakkito GP
Laguna Seca

Imola
Buggatti (Le Mans)

Mugello GP
Watkins Glen / Road America

Each race will usually be held in a summer setting (warm).
Race 1 will be held in the morning. Race 2 in the afternoon. Race 3 in the evening.

Basic Settings
Default setup (tuning prohibited)
Private - Invite only
Grid 16 slots
Rolling Start (AI controlled)
Wait for race ready - On

Rules & Penalties - On
Track Limit Penalties - Off
Drive Through Penalties - Off
Pit Exit Penalty - On
Competitive Racing License - On

Conditions
Customised random chance of rain.

Realism Settings
Allow Auto Start Engine -Yes
Force Interior view - Yes
Force Driving Line Off - No
Force Default Setups - Yes
Force Manual Gears - No
Force Realistic Driving Aids - Yes
Allow Anti Lock Brakes - No
Allow Traction Control - No
Allow Stability Control - No
Damage Type - Visual only
Mechanical Failures - Yes
Allow Ghosted Vehicles - Yes
Force Manual Pit stops - No
Pit Stop Errors - No
Tire Wear - Yes, normal.
Fuel Depletion - Yes, normal
Force cool down Lap - Yes.

I'll add the usual drivers below. There are 16 of us listed but there's often a spot or two free so new drivers are always welcome when there is space.

@AndreasR
@beachboy6658
@Don Mejillone
@half_sourly
@John Wells
@Hun200kmh
@IfAndOr
@Maxmusmonster
@Napalm_LT
@Oldbass47
@Pantheons
raeggee
@richroo
@Saltyjoe90
@xeronima
@Zolon32

Reserves
@GTP_RPREGO
@RACECAR

I hope you all enjoy the races.

Any questions about anything I've missed?

Last edited:
CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE
Monday Individual.jpg

Race Results
Brno

Fuji
Sakkito GP
Laguna Seca
Imola
Buggatti (Le Mans)

Mugello GP
Watkins Glen / Road America

Drivers with podium finishes and their excluded cars.

Napalm - Mercedes, Toyota, Panoz, Porsche, Ferrari.
Zolon - Mercedes, Toyota, Ferrari, McLaren, Panoz, Porsche.
IfAndOr - Toyota, Mercedes.
Half Sourly - Mercedes, Toyota.
Flat Twelve - Ferrari, Panoz, Toyota, Mercedes.
Raeggee - Panoz, Ferrari, Mercedes.
Rich - Mercedes, McLaren, Ferrari.

Joe - Toyota, McLaren, Panoz, Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari.
Racecar - Panoz.

Beachboy - Ferrari, Toyota, Panoz.
Don - Mercedes.

Last edited:
Could be interested in this, haven't done an online race on this game in years and haven't done one with a wheel before so it would be a interesting thing to try.

Am curious about the competitive Racing license, I've been out of the loop so I'd like to know how that works.

Am curious about the competitive Racing license, I've been out of the loop so I'd like to know how that works.
Hi Racecar. In many ways it's similar to the system in GTS, monitoring performance (results) and safety. There's no need to worry about it unless there are online lobbies that have their entrance level set to high figures. I have my room set quite low so pretty much anyone can join in. It's only really turned on to enable drivers who race with me to advance their licence rating if they want to. My safety is top notch but my performance varies somewhat. :boggled:

Dig out PC2 and give it a go with your wheel, it certainly suits wheels well, then see what you think.

In! I'll talk to raeggee about it and will report back but I'm sure he'll be interested.

About the rules, when I read them first I thought we had to pick one car for each "leg" and never use it again until the "finale" but reading with less haste I now see/think it's not that. If I got it right that only happens if we do a podium and still use that car again in the same night. Then and only then the car becomes unavailable for the rest of the cup/championship. Is that it Paul?

PS - Standing starts with these cars is a bit heretic ... :P

PPS - i see we will we have (realistic, not the extreme options) weather thrown at us, will we also have day/night? I suppose not because of the cosmetic damage (headlights issue), but I'm curious!

Are you starting this on 20th Paul? I'm away "Celebrating" 39 years of marriage next week.
Oh great, congratulations.
The start date has been sort of left open since I wasn't sure who was still away. I'd have to backtrack through the messages to check. But since you're a confirmed absentee I'll delay the start. There was some talk of perhaps having a practice session anyway so I might just go for that. Or run something completely different for a day!

Sorry Mario I missed your message while replying to Zolon.
Is that it Paul?
That is indeed it. Spot on. It's similar to the group B rule but spread out over the championship.
PS - Standing starts with these cars is a bit heretic ..
I hadn't considered the starts. I'll have to give the options a try. Or perhaps we could practice them next Monday.

Day, night maybe a little. But not too much since I think we had quite a lot of darkness last series!

Last edited:
Paul, will points for pole position always be awarded even if one driver gets more than 1 pole in the same week (unlike fastest lap points these last cups) ?

Paul, will points for pole position always be awarded even if one driver gets more than 1 pole in the same week
They will. We don't usually have qualifying for every race but I wanted to get the grids tidied up for these cars, so have introduced it. And since it's there on 3 occasions I thought it would be good to count for some something other than just the spots.

Of course if anyone doesn't want to qualify they can have a 5 minute rest period. :)

Well done Paul that's a lot of organising,
I can take a break again now. :crazy::)
The tracks will be up soon, there's just a few left I need to test out.

Last edited:
The track list has been added up top along with a little additional race info.

There's also a change that I've decided to make! I'll repeat it below.
A change that might not go down well initially is that the interior view will be forced on. There is some reasoning behind this though. Firstly, it'll even everyone up in this more serious championship, bonnet/window damage and rain will affect all. Secondly it'll make the choice of car more relevant, particularly with the podium handicapping system. There are none that have bad vision, but there are differences.

During testing of all the cars I found that when using an exterior view they all felt a bit the same. When using interior view they all felt so different, they become more individual. When you get used to it it's much more enjoyable.
You might need to move the seat position around to suit. The game saves the position on a per car basis. Or then again it you might find it OK.
I hope this works out OK. If there are some who simply can't get on with using the interior view I might relent and open it up again.

Hmm. I can't see Le Man track
I did consider it and although it's fast I found it a little boring. And that's why I used Le Mans Bugatti circuit, at least we get to use part of the full circuit. I also tried your favourite, the Nord, but again didn't use it for this series.

I never use interior view as I need all the help I can to see others around me (especially in the DARK!!), but more than happy to use it, ive just got to practice with it.
I myself use bonnet view a lot so even I will have to adjust back to interior. And it's true it can feel a bit more restricted - although these cars are pretty good. I actually find I'm more consistent once I've practiced. I find that I tend to drive too quickly using bonnet, I think interior makes it "more real" and you slow down a little. (Although that doesn't apply to Joe, I think he always uses interior!)

Hopefully my autumn attendance will be better than my summer was.
That's OK, the last series was designed around the possibility of summer absences.

I myself use bonnet view a lot so even I will have to adjust back to interior. And it's true it can feel a bit more restricted - although these cars are pretty good. I actually find I'm more consistent once I've practiced. I find that I tend to drive too quickly using bonnet, I think interior makes it "more real" and you slow down a little. (Although that doesn't apply to Joe, I think he always uses interior!)
I was strugling with interrior view when started Sic's races few years ago, but after some time I loved it and use it all time. Some cars have very limited view on single monitor and I tried to change view for them, but couldnt drove this way because I simply can't feel a car. So cockpit view is the best :)

;) I think Joe and Rich should be forced to use "Track side' view ! and Simba should do it blind folded
And Napalm should unplug his Fanatec gear.

So cockpit view is the best
I do often use interior view when racing single player in both PC2 and PC3. And it's usually the helmet view with look to apex, camera/helmet tilt and shake on, very immersive. And as you say you get the feel of the car. It's just that when racing with you guys I've been going back to my old favourite of bonnet view.

I'll have to post up my FOV and other relevant settings again, might help some.

got to be in the car with the E.U. rules , now were back to our own rules sitting on the roof or bonnet might be allowed..

And Napalm should unplug his Fanatec gear.
I will do that by myself. I try to do race as close to the real as it possible. So for last two years I used H-shifter every time when real car has it and enjoyed it a lot - it is much more imersive. But, when I switched to Fanatec, using H-shifter and clutch, also - heel to toe technique is much louder that it was on TM. I live in a flat so you can imagine that sounds at 10-12 hours in the evening. This Tuesday I had my neighbor visit with complains due to this, so H-shifter is banned for Monday races :(

Ah Napalm that's unfortunate about the shifter noise issue. I'm same as you, it's all about the immersion. That's why I'd always advocate getting used to the interior view. Good point from Paul as well that you feel the difference between the cars much more.

It makes racecraft more difficult of course, arguably more difficult than real life because you don't have peripheral vision (unless you have VR). Really tough on races like the last series where there's a closely packed field, but hopefully a bit easier this time around where battling should more frequently be between two cars.

Well, not a fan of cockpit view but when the going gets tough the tough get going :D

Anyway, Paul I was just now sending raeggee a message for him to have the list of tracks and I added dates to them. If without interruption the calendar will be like this:

Sept 27th - Brno
Oct 4th - Fuji
Oct 11th - Sakkito GP (Suzuka)
Oct 18th - Laguna Seca
Oct 25th - Imola
Nov 1st - Bugatti (Le Mans)
Nov 8th - Mugello GP
Nov 15th - Watkins Glen / Road America

Reading these dates I can say, with certainty, that I will be away from Lisbon and therefore won't be able to race at Fuji (Oct 4th) and Bugatti (Nov 1st), I hope that's not a problem. If it is I ask you to place me as reserve, I'll fill a vacant spot (if there are any) in the weeks I'll be able to race.

Back