GT Won is done.PS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 324 comments
Confirming @half_sourly's championship table (great idea to add the cars 👍). Here's the race result screenshots. Click on them to enlarge.

Race 1
full

Race 2
full

Race 3
full

Not a bad mix of cars and drivers on the podium. Well except for @Napalm_LT - who is in the Catterham 7 next week. :mischievous:

@Saltyjoe90 seemed determined to keep the Mercedes. 😀

Going to have to figure out what happened with the driving aids, had them in Q3 but they disappeared on all the other occasions. Hopefully it's possible to map buttons to turn TC/abs on/off and that'll solve it.

It's down to you now to keep up with Napalm @IfAndOr not bad given you didn't know what car you were driving until we started 😎

not bad given you didn't know what car you were driving until we started
I surprised myself! I'd driven it of course, but probably not as much as some of the others. I was expecting to use the McLaren or the Nissan because I thought the Toyota would have been a popular choice.

When anyone comes to use the GT One I'd suggest loose, it seemed to go around corners better and wear its tyres out less. A free tip. ☺

And yes Joe, the aids are fully mappable to buttons on your wheel. Although you'll loose other functions. (Attach a keyboard/keypad for loads of mappable buttons)

Whar a nightmare last night, had a practise in the afternoon everything seemed to be OK. Then when I switched PS4 on / + wheel switched headphones on & no sound at all and then when I did get the headphones sorted and joined you guys gears were not changing correctly staying in 3rd., when trying to change up. To top the evening got disconnected from party. I apologise to those who I collided with wasn't intentional.

Quick recap

Picked the Ferrari because: a) it's a good car, driveable and - at least when the tyres are in good shape - predictable; b) doesn't have ABS available and I wanted to save ABS-able cars to tracks with more extreme braking needs (Fuji being a good example)

First race was ok, clearly Napalm was in a league of his own, with Saltyjoe very close. Got to 3rd behind those two Mercs (but a long way behind) and only inherited 2nd right at the end of the race because Joe had an off track excursion.

Second race was definitely not ok, can't figure out why, but I made many, many mistakes. Funnily I gained one place in the pits (at the expense of Zolon). I did change tyres and I can't even understand how some of you guys managed to do this entire race without a second set of tyres, I never could make the tyres last more than 15 minutes, and even that was risky.

Third race started well, this time I managed to glue myself to Napalm and at some point (mid race maybe) we were still about 1 to 1.5 seconds apart with everyone else a long way behind (Zolon 3rd IIRC). And then .... one first stupid mistake, followed shortly by one second stupid mistake (not sure if this game gets dirt into the tyres when we go off, but I think it does) and that sent me back many places. Very frustrating, during the first part of the race I was never in a position to attack Napalm but I was taking solace in the fact that I could just keep up with his impressive pace of 1,54 and 1,55 lap after lap. Well turns out I really couldn't!

I bid farewell to the Ferrari because of my podium result in the first race. Don't know yet what car I will pick for Fuji, must try that track asap (will be away this weekend so only have until thursday to make up my mind and learn a safe track/car combo).

All in all, and despite my frustrations, I'm very much enjoying these races and also this campionship's interesting set of rules.

Final word to say that I was very impressed by 3 drivers yesterday:
1. @Napalm_LT , of course, nobody matched his speed and that was obvious, but more impressive even is that nobody matched his consistency (well I didn't that's for sure)
2. @IfAndOr for a string of very good results (3rd / 4th / 3rd) in a car he wasn't even supposed to drive. THAT was also very impressive!
3. raeggee for managing that second place in the longest race of the night with the PANOZ. It is a fast car no doubt, but also a very unforgiving one and such a result is worthy of mention.

not sure if this game gets dirt into the tyres when we go off, but I think it does
It certainly does. If you're in an open wheeler you can see the tyres get dirty and then gradually become cleaner again. It also simulates the track surface becoming dirty where cars return from excursions. Something to watch out for.
I can't even understand how some of you guys managed to do this entire race without a second set of tyres
I have your personal setting at extreme tyre wear. :mischievous:
(Actually I think the ABS and TC of the Toyota helped my tyres)
THAT was also very impressive!
I was impressed too. I think generally staying on track helped. :crazy:
I'm very much enjoying these races and also this championship's interesting set of rules.
👍 I try to keep it fresh each time.

What a nightmare last night,
It sounds like you need to have stern words with your pit crew about your technology malfunctions. 😉

Race photos.

MP0KVK_NSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
MP0KV_SOSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
MP0KV8EOSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
MP0KVCBOSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
MP0KVOPOSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
MP0KVSWOSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
MP0KVU3OSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
MP0KVWKOSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
Project CARS 2_20211013112738.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013112457.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013112307.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013112147.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013112124.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013112044.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013111753.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013111655.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013111310.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013111154.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013111130.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013110955.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013110913.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013110740.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013110829.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013110654.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013110539.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211013105517.jpg

Attachments

• MP0KVL4NSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    MP0KVL4NSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 7
  • MP0KV7MOSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    MP0KV7MOSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 7
  • MP0KVADOSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    MP0KVADOSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 7
  • MP0KVK_NSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    MP0KVK_NSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 8
  • MP0KVOIOSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    MP0KVOIOSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 9
  • MP0KVR0OSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    MP0KVR0OSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 10
  • MP0KVT7NSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    MP0KVT7NSUPAAAZWE_.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Project CARS 2_20211013112920.jpg
    Project CARS 2_20211013112920.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Project CARS 2_20211013112630.jpg
    Project CARS 2_20211013112630.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Project CARS 2_20211013110829.jpg
    Project CARS 2_20211013110829.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 7
I've added a section below the results and championship table on post 2 that highlights those drivers who have had a podium finish and are therefore excluded from using the cars listed (until week 8). I thought it might help to keep a record as the series progresses, I know that I'll loose track anyway!

Here's a link to take you there.

Edit - Sorry John I meant to say, nice pictures. 👍

Last edited:
Hmm, whether or not to have weather in these cars.

I've tried a selection of them out in damp conditions and as long as it's not to wet they are not too bad, but they are certainly more of a handful to control. With that in mind I'm going to hold off on my random weather generation system for now since, by design, it's a little unpredictable.

So I'm going to take control of the weather again at Fuji and as a test one of the races will have a little rain just to see how we get on. If there's too much carnage it'll probably remain dry for the rest of the series!

Just slow down a bit and go careful with your throttle and brake and it will might be fine.

(Mount Fuji retains its snow covering in the game. It was tempting to bring the snow down to the circuit. But I haven't. :P )

Eek, rain. Can I have the Ford back please? I miss my 4wd.

Will you go so far as to reveal which race will have rain? If the middle race, that brings in the possibility of two tyres being involved, in changeable conditions...or are you thinking one of the other races, with consistent conditions, (albeit slightly greasy ones)?

Last edited:
Will you go so far as to reveal which race will have rain?
I can certainly reveal that it's definitely 1 of the 3 races on Monday. ;)

What I will say is that I've thought about it and it hopefully should be in a suitable spot. Since the session is set over the course of a day, watch the clouds.

Also I've been meaning to say that the weather during qualification for this championship will be representative of what to expect during the following race - just to get you used to it.

Eek, rain. I miss my 4wd.
But these cars all have that. No wait, that's 4 wheel slide. :scared:

But these cars all have that. No wait, that's 4 wheel slide. :scared:
It really is, once the rear end goes it's game over in these cars. I've realised my right foot is made of lead so I'm working on my throttle control, and I've mapped my abs & tc now so that'll help.

Fuji is a funny old track, so easy to go wide but if you get into the flow of it it's very satisfying. Not tested that flow yet in the wet, mind.

Are you driving the odd one out again on Monday Paul or have you picked a car this time?

I've realised my right foot is made of lead so I'm working on my throttle control,
In the control options you could try reducing the throttle sensitivity lower than its default of 50. Maybe to 35 - 40. It can help smooth initial input.
Are you driving the odd one out again on Monday Paul or have you picked a car this time?
I've been testing out a couple that I think I could be driving but, like at Brno, that could change at the last moment! I will say that the rain won't appear in the 1st race because of this. I didn't want to jump into a car I was too unsure of in the wet. ;)

I quite like most of Fuji. It's just that last turning, climbing off camber section I'm not keen on.

In the control options you could try reducing the throttle sensitivity lower than its default of 50. Maybe to 35 - 40. It can help smooth initial input.
The good news: this was massively helpful and alleviates a lot of problems I was having. Thanks!

The bad news: apparently my attention span is so bad that I didn't read the 'throttle sensitivity' or 'brake sensitivity' settings at some point and set them both to 100, which effectively doubled my inputs. I thought 100= 1to1 but 50=1to1. :dunce:

Oh dear, I've probably made Joe faster. Although doubling the throttle doesn't make you twice as fast. :P

Yeah set at 100 it would certainly make the throttle and brake extra sharp! There's one called speed sensitivity, make sure that is at 50 (or there about) as well. Otherwise your steering inputs change at speed. I actually have mine raised just slightly to make it less twitchy on straights.

For reference - and if it helps anyone...
With my Logi G29 I currently use.
Project CARS 2_20211017142956-1.jpg

Last edited:
Used the wheel entirely to navigate so hopefully the game remembers I have a wheel this time.

Edit: Whelp, that still didn't work.

Last edited:
Finally, the game remembers my G29 (Yay). Holy crap, what a race to debut with the wheel. Didn't like my qualifying lap in the dry so I was expecting not so great things in the went and wow, did that quickly escalate. I honestly don't know how I didn't yeet myself considering I have never raced in the wet on this game. I have had practice on GT Sport and F1 2015, but I don't know if it necessarily transfers so I am stunned right now.

Last edited:
Finally, the game remembers my G29 (Yay).
Hi Racecar make sure everything on your wheel, plugged in, before starting PS4. Then when its switched on, press PS button on wheel, your user name should come up and press x. This will make your wheel recognised, you can also, switch controller to, hope this helps.

Hi Racecar make sure everything on your wheel, plugged in, before starting PS4. Then when its switched on, press PS button on wheel, your user name should come up and press x. This will make your wheel recognised, you can also, switch controller to, hope this helps.
Here's the strange thing though: I did exactly ALL of that (Did not touch the DS4 at all) and when I went via the invite and got on track for qualifying, it immediately defaulted to controller. It seems like its an issue when I boot up the game via the invite because when I entered the game normally and then went to the room with the invite, then it remembered the G29. Its seems its weirdly finicky in THAT specific instance.

when I entered the game normally and then went to the room with the invite, then it remembered the G29.
That's the one. It's just like John said, and then make sure you open the game first. Very finicky like you said! I've got in the habit of booting up the game then grabbing refreshments while it loads...

The wet track yesterday was alright, what got me was the overheating tyres on the drying track. My braking just went off a cliff a couple times on turn 1 (I assume hot tyres struggling to bite).

Last edited:
Quick recap

Race 1 - started with a bang, sorry. Fog and almost no practise made me lose the braking marker entirely so I created havoc in corner 1. Gave myself the penalty of waiting for the entire field to go by before resuming the race in last. Got a few places back during the race but I was seriously outgunned with the McLaren, was a sitting duck in the long straight. While racing at the back I had the (unexpected) company of Simba, he was having a proper Nissan nightmare, my car was slow but at least driveable while he really had a hard time keeping the Nissan pointing forward in corner exit.

Race 2 - Was having a fun race with Max (great back and forth battling for several laps - for 6th position I think- and it was really fun) but then I got a sudden disconnect. I tried to return to the lobby so I could at least spectate the race and did so for a while but again I was disconnected. Something wrong from my end, will need to check that.

Race 3 - The wet track helped evening out the cars a bit so I got closer to the front, and the car kept being a driveable one. By midrace I managed to get to 4th with Racecar some 2 or 3 seconds ahead of me, he didn't put a foot wrong (nor did I ) so the gap was kept or even widened a bit at the end. By then I had Zolon all over my rear view mirrors, come the last lap I had no chance, still I put on a hard defense (maybe a bit "muscly" at the double hairpin, we touched but we both kept the cars going). However, come the main straight, sitting duck is sitting duck so I just kept to one side of the track and watched him breeze past. Still, 5th wasn't a bad result at Fuji with this car and with such strong competition!

I won't be racing next week, so there'll be definitely a vacant spot for Racecar there. Lastly, hope you guys have fun at Suzuka/Sakkito GP, we'll meet again at Laguna Seca
:cheers:

watched him breeze past.
I honestly do feel guilty about that Mario. Obviously not guilty enough to prevent me doing it, just guilty...

Anyway, those who find themselves behind me in the standings currently, have no fear. I was the most outrageously fortunate chap there last night I think. On two clear occasions I gained mightily from collisions that took place close to me, including that first place I inherited from Napalm and Joe. (To be honest I feel REALLY guilty about that one, because I was willing it to happen!)

So, on to Not Suzuka, which I have to agree with Paul about, it's a belting track. The way the cars buck and wiggle about on the run up to Not Spoon is bloody fantastic. I like Suzuka, but I love Not Suzuka. Still, can't expect to be as lucky there as I was at Fuji. I'm going to enjoy it a lot anyway.

By the way Mario, I thought that your defence was perfectly fine. It's a difficult line to draw, but a driver has to try to hold on to a place; that's racing.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Back