GT World Challenge Drivers Can Win Real Championship Points from Esports Races

Looking at his feed he is in favour of this change, as a silver rated amateur who is fast on the games that is hardly surprising.

*silver rated Pro

Anyway I’m not allowed to compete because my company (Sim Grid) is helping on the tech side to manage the series.

I do believe that we should be using sim racers for pro sim racing but you’ll be surprised how good Kelvin van der Linde, Bortolotti and Juncadella are on a sim. They are world class.

This is year one of this concept and I expect it to evolve very quickly.

*silver rated Pro
I'm sorry, its hard to keep track of the driver categorisations. The FIA website made it sound like silver was for drivers from non-professional championships.
I do believe that we should be using sim racers for pro sim racing but you’ll be surprised how good Kelvin van der Linde, Bortolotti and Juncadella are on a sim. They are world class.
Dennis Lind was really quick in the one sim race I've watched too, I'm sure there are plenty of quick gamers on the grid. My issue was mixing real world competition with the games when they are totally different disciplines.

Reminds me of when Shane van Gisbergen did the Rallycross esports. He was on pro level pace from the first event, mightily impressive.

So what do you think about the first race?
The first two laps were a bit chaotic but did you enjoy to the rest of the 1 hour race?

So what do you think about the first race?
The first two laps were a bit chaotic but did you enjoy to the rest of the 1 hour race?

I think overall it was a good race. But I think one of the biggest issues with ACC is obviously the damage model. If a car leaves the track and crashes into a barrier and then bounces back to the track and takes some other with them that's depressing.

Back