GT1 completion percentage?

Coltster2003
I completed the Sunday Cup, Megasepeed cup, GT cup, FR challenge, 4WD Challenge, Clubman cup, US VS. Japan, and UK versus Japan, what's my completion percentage?

colton19911
What's my completion percentage?
There is no percentage completion in GT1.

I wish that future GT games do away with the completion percentage, as you feel like there's nothing left to do once you're at 100%. you knew you were done with GT when you raced and won every race, maybe raced every car. GT2 felt like you were never really done (if you had the buggy NTSC version that only allowed 98.2%), so you just kept trying new cars anyway.

There's really no reason for it, I suppose the prize cars awarded at each interval are something to shoot for. But otherwise, it's just not all that necessary to quantify your fun.

Agreed. I never finished GT1 myself, but one day i will. All i have left is the Tuned Series. GT2 i've finished (100% with Greatest Hits version) several times now...but i've only driven maybe half the cars in that game cuz i like getting to know each car just as much as i like racing them...therefore i don't think i'll ever feel like i've finished GT2 either!

I ignore the Spot Races when counting a game as completed. That's mostly because there's no trophy shown for them (although, actually, an internal memory map does register those races as well).

But the real reason I like to ignore them is . . .

If you take the minimum number of days for your licenses, (24), and then enter and win each series only once, you will take exactly 100 days, finishing on day 101. Hmm. Since the individual race results aren't shown either, I don't require wins in every race in order to count Simulation Mode as "completed".

Choosing cars and mods to collect all visible trophies in only 100 days is an interesting "game" in itself. Usually I cheat a little and aim to win the Normal Series before finishing up all B license races.

I have a few logs of these sorts of games at
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/

(In nearly all cases, however, after finishing on day 101 I continued in the game doing experimentation for my next game).

colton19911
I completed the Sunday Cup, Megasepeed cup, GT cup, FR challenge, 4WD Challenge, Clubman cup, US VS. Japan, and UK versus Japan, what's my completion percentage?

I considered GT complete when I had raced every race with every winnable car starting with the copperhead from getting all golds in B license. This also includes the spot races which I did with each car as standard.

TMM
I considered GT complete when I had raced every race with every winnable car starting with the copperhead from getting all golds in B license. This also includes the spot races which I did with each car as standard.

Hey, haven't seen you in a while.

i play almost 2 to 3hour each day maybe more during 4months

i have the 100% of gt4 but just i have driven the 30% of te cars
challenge my RE amemiya agaist you 300hp car with R2tires tzukuba mi time 55.275seg

nurburgring 4:55.347 toyota minolta

I suppose I should confuse the issue by indicating that, while I consider "a game of GT1" to be 100% complete when I win all the simulation mode series cups, I wouldn't consider the entire game 100% done at that point.

However, I did get every prize car in every colour (twice, except for the license test prizes which I did only once, although I did win all four colours of Nismo 400R), got gold on all license tests (obviously), won every individual race more than once (including the Spot Races), and did get all red dots in Arcade Mode. So I think I did pretty much get 100% in GT1 by almost any standard.

Oh yes, I also purchased in one game the cheapest instance of every model of used car.

SportWagon
I suppose I should confuse the issue by indicating that, while I consider "a game of GT1" to be 100% complete when I win all the simulation mode series cups, I wouldn't consider the entire game 100% done at that point.

However, I did get every prize car in every colour (twice, except for the license test prizes which I did only once, although I did win all four colours of Nismo 400R), got gold on all license tests (obviously), won every individual race more than once (including the Spot Races), and did get all red dots in Arcade Mode. So I think I did pretty much get 100% in GT1 by almost any standard.

Oh yes, I also purchased in one game the cheapest instance of every model of used car.

that's why you are ....the mastahhhhh..

The way i would put Gran Tursismo down as 100% would be arcade mode completed with red dots and all gold race cups in the gt mode (both GT league and special races). That would be going by a GT3/GT4 model.

The lisences would not have to be gold as that hasnt been a requirement in GT3 or GT4 and the spot races dont count because they arent marked when completed (and they are very similar to family cup races of GT4).

Thats the way I see it.

SagarisGTB
The way i would put Gran Tursismo down as 100% would be arcade mode completed with red dots and all gold race cups in the gt mode (both GT league and special races). That would be going by a GT3/GT4 model.

The lisences would not have to be gold as that hasnt been a requirement in GT3 or GT4 and the spot races dont count because they arent marked when completed (and they are very similar to family cup races of GT4).

Thats the way I see it.

Agreed. If you do manage to get all golds in addition to that, I think that counts as a little more than 100%, though. Something like 101%.

Back