gt1 fansites

• Thread starter poolio
  • 60 comments
pooliogeordio
ok it's time for another good idea/bad idea. i've seen sportwagon's excellent site but i've been wondering about any others that are out there.

would it be a good idea to compile a list here so we could have access to them easily?

i would post some up here but i dont know of any (which is kinda why im asking)

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/ lists a few other sites, (http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/#Reference) mostly non-GT1 and/or somewhat neglected, but...

Mustang-man's Gran Turismo Series Center at http://gtsc.netfirms.com/ does now have a reasonably complete GT1 section.

I should review my list of links again. At least one more has "died". :)

I'll PM pupik to see if his site has moved or just vanished...

Actually, I'm embarrassed to see how many of my listed links have now vanished. Sometime I'll clean them up. I like to keep all copies of the site in sync (including on my non-networked PDA) so that slows down changes (and increases procrastination) a bit.

SportWagon
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/ lists a few other sites, (http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/#Reference) mostly non-GT1 and/or somewhat neglected, but...

Mustang-man's Gran Turismo Series Center at http://gtsc.netfirms.com/ does now have a reasonably complete GT1 section.

I should review my list of links again. At least one more has "died". :)

I'll PM pupik to see if his site has moved or just vanished...

Actually, I'm embarrassed to see how many of my listed links have now vanished. Sometime I'll clean them up. I like to keep all copies of the site in sync (including on my non-networked PDA) so that slows down changes (and increases procrastination) a bit.

Last I checked, pupik's was there.

good stuff thanks sportswagon

this should assist in my skive this afternoon (shhh dont tell my boss :sly: )

edit - can't access pupik's site. has it gone forever?

Sorry, I miss a lot. :)

And GTH was deliberately not linked because he didn't want too much traffic.

I suppose I could make a defunct link now? :D

woo hoo! i got access to pupiks site :)

im gonna spent a fair amount of time looking aroung there methinks. looks like a quality site (but then it is pupiks :sly: )

Check out my site.

I started it 2 years ago because at some point I was looking for a site that had info about specific cars ...but not just technical info, more like a thorough first-hand description of each one. I found one (that is now defunct) but it would only have 3 or 4 sentences written about each car and I wanted to read more, so I wrote my own.

It's mostly my opinions of course, and I tend to get embarrassed about some of the stuff I write later on, that's why I rarely talk about it. But check it out.

Last edited:
parnelli thats a great site. why get embarrassed about it?

i just wish i had the time to do something like you, pupik and sportwagon. ive been playing the gt series for some 8 years now and feel i should contribute to the community more in some way

poolio
parnelli thats a great site. why get embarrassed about it?

i just wish i had the time to do something like you, pupik and sportwagon. ive been playing the gt series for some 8 years now and feel i should contribute to the community more in some way

Thanks, man. I used to work at Kinkos and at my last branch they stuck me in express a lot (self-serve). My store was slower than the other 2 in my region so I had a lot of free time to write. Sometimes I'll write something and then read it later on and go yuck! Half the time I'll edit it out but the other half I'll leave it...I figure somebody out there will get a kick out of the stuff someday somewhere. ¬

Last edited:
I'm in the process of creating a GT site regarding my stats on completeing the races, however it isn't published yet. It's very slow going...

TMM
I'm in the process of creating a GT site regarding my stats on completeing the races, however it isn't published yet. It's very slow going...

Yah very cool. Let us know when it's up ¬

i'm also now in the early stages of putting a site together. i'm thinking of using freewebs.com unless someone can point me in the direction of something better

Yeah that sounds like a good one. Geocities was also pretty popular but I don't know how good of a host it is. In my case, the ability to have a website comes with my regular bill so as long as I pay the $21.95 a month it'll be up. :) Just go as cheap as you can afford. My problem is I can't put any graphics up without using up my allotted memory so I'll have an all-text site till I start making more money I guess.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Yeah that sounds liek a good one. Geocities was also pretty popular but i don't know how good of a host it is. In my case, the ability to have a website comes with my regular bill so as long as i pay the $21.95 a month it'll be up. :) Just go as cheap as you can afford. My problem is i can't put any graphics up without using up my alloted memory so i'll have an all-text site till i start making more money i guess.

Ahhh money, the root of all evil, but can't live without it...

There were atleast 30 Great sites for GT1, They seem to not be hosted anymore do to the lack of use when the other GT series came into play!

HYBRIDLVR
There were atleast 30 Great sites for GT1, They seem to not be hosted anymore do to the lack of use when the other GT series came into play!

I know where a few are. I should dig their addys and post them here just to document.

Ohh, my site was mentioned! :D Speaking of which, it is more than well overdue for an update. And is currently down (at time of posting) due to the stoopid bandwidth limit. :rolleyes:

If anyone has any GT1 (or other GT games) info that a site like mine could use then plase let me know because i don't really have much to do on the the site for an update. :nervous:

I was thinking of including a small Forza section too as i'm playing it a lot more than GT at the moment.

The GTSC won't be one of those site that suddenly disappear either, it may not get updated terribly often but i'll do my darndest to keep it online - the domain name is paid for another two years or so too. 👍

Mustang-man
Ohh, my site was mentioned! :D Speaking of which, it is more than well overdue for an update. And is currently down (at time of posting) due to the stoopid bandwidth limit. :rolleyes:

If anyone has any GT1 (or other GT games) info that a site like mine could use then plase let me know because i don't really have much to do on the the site for an update. :nervous:

I was thinking of including a small Forza section too as i'm playing it a lot more than GT at the moment.

The GTSC won't be one of those site that suddenly disappear either, it may not get updated terribly often but i'll do my darndest to keep it online - the domain name is paid for another two years or so too. 👍

Yeah, I noticed your site doesn't have any GT stuff on it, and the links Sportwagon posted don't go anywhere. I'm not sure I've ever been on your site, matter of fact..though I must have at some point.

Last edited:
Back