gt1 fansites

• Thread starter poolio
  • 60 comments
Some of you got into Gran Turismo 1 after hearing about it thru friends or in a gaming mag. For me, it was an online game review that did it. After reading this review for GT1, I ran right over to my local Fred Meyer's department store and bought it.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/oldsite/games/sony/sports/gran_turismo.htm

Note this text towards the end of the review, it explains a lot:

Reviewer's note: I have been informed (6/26/98) that the reason you cannot damage the cars in Gran Turismo is that the car manufacturers (Toyota, Nissan, Dodge, etc.) forbade it as a condition of the licensing. Apparently they feel that consumer confidence might be shaken if it were publicly known that your cars could be damaged if you crash them. I hereby place a gypsy curse...

Last edited:
Okay, you can cross the Gran Turismo Series center off the list. From now on it will only exist on my hard drive and the CD's/DVD's that it is on. Am going to try get my money back for the domain name too.

:(

Mustang-man
Okay, you can cross the Gran Turismo Series center off the list. From now on it will only exist on my hard drive and the CD's/DVD's that it is on. Am going to try get my money back for the domain name too.

:(

Well that sucks. It really sucks.

TMM
I'm in the process of creating a GT site regarding my stats on completeing the races, however it isn't published yet. It's very slow going...

How's your site there, TMM? Still slow going?

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
HOw's your site there, TMM? Still slow going?

Yes very. I have some pages created that exist on my mem stick and I have dial-up which gives me some web space, however in a month or so I might be getting wireless broadband which will also grant me web space and so I might actually get to publish what I have so far. I am also working on my server, desktop and laptop M/C's so that I can continue to work on the frontpage of the site.

TMM
Yes very. I have some pages created that exist on my mem stick and I have dial-up which gives me some web space, however in a month or so I might be getting wireless broadband which will also grant me web space and so I might actually get to publish what I have so far. I am also working on my server, desktop and laptop M/C's so that I can continue to work on the frontpage of the site.

Well hurry up. We wanna see what you got. I started a review of the R34 Skylines in GT2. I wrote a bunch of crap on my driving experience and lost then I lost all my inspiration a couple months ago so I know where you're coming from. Sometimes our brain works better than other times.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Well hurry up. We wanna see what you got. I started a review of the R34 Skylines in GT2. I wrote a bunch of crap on my driving experience and lost then i lost all my inspiration a couple months ago so i know where you're coming from. Sometimes our brain works better than other times.

Yeah and sometimes the mind is strong but the body is weak and needs sleep. I hope this doesn't get built up into a big thing cause it might be a big disappointment.

TMM
Yeah and sometimes the mind is strong but the body is weak and needs sleep. I hope this doesn't get built up into a big thing cause it might be a big disappointment.

Disappointment? Hee hee, dude look at the travesty I call a website. Trust me, you could do no worse!

Last edited:
TMM
I thought your web site was good.

Graçi. It's nothing but a notes-to-self format inflated way beyond. One day I hope to have money to burn so I can make it look like Famine's site....lots of pictures, lots of examples. I want more money. :indiff:

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Graçi. It's nothing but a notes-to-self format inflated way beyond. One day i hope to have money to burn so i can make it look like Famine's site....lots of pictures, lots of examples. I want more money. :indiff:

Yeah, I want the sort of money you can earn in GT.

TMM
Yeah, I want the sort of money you can earn in GT.

Me too. Hell, I'd take just a TENTH of the money I've earned in GT....I'd still net about 5 million after taxes! :):dopey: 👍

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Hey, Uncle Sam gets half the cut, no questions asked..tha'ts certainly nohting to brag ab0out :(

Yeah bloody gouverments, they're the first against the wall when the revolution comes!!!!

Parnelli Bone
a TENTH of the money i've earned in gT....i'd still net about 5 million after taxes!

I meant you were bragging about how much money you have in GT, indirectly anyway. 5 million after taxes, US gets half so that's 10 mil which is just a 10th of the money you have in GT so that's 100 million...

I only have a quater of that and 34 cars, probably less assests as well...

TMM
Yeah bloody gouverments, they're the first against the wall when the revolution comes!!!!

I meant you were bragging about how much money you have in GT, indirectly anyway. 5 million after taxes, US gets half so that's 10 mil which is just a 10th of the money you have in GT so that's 100 million...

I only have a quater of that and 34 cars, probably less assests as well...

Well who knows..now that you put it that way I doubt I've made 100 mill. I was just bragging again.

Last edited:
GTSC is back, and has finally been updated: www.gtsc2.netfirms.com (couldn't move it to anywhere else as i don't trust any other sites). The domain name at the time of writing isn't working for some reason (www.gtseriescenter.com) but i'm working on getting that fixed.

Bought GT1 on Sunday and it arrived on Monday, it was the only GT i had never owned until today so there may or may not be more info about the game on the site one day. Now have every GT game sold in New Zealand. :)

EDIT: Muahahaaaa. It works now. :)

Latest Posts

Back