GT2 Rare Cars

• Thread starter LeGeNd-1
  • 84 comments
Wow. You got skills, man. The lowest car I've ever won with is a stock MX-5 Miata, and that took at least 5 tries.

For some reason, in GT4 I can only get teh 360 up to 28 mph. Is it REALLY that slow?!

With stock horsepower, yes. But if you put all of the mods on it
the horsepower will go upto 50HP. Then it will go faster, I have
had it upto 100+MPH without NOS. I just wish it made 142HP like in GT2:(.

:lol: You beat a slew of muscle cars in a 30mph midget car?

Or is it faster in GT2?

The only GT game I have now is GT1, I broke GT2 and unless GT Mobile comes out, I doubt I'll get GT4 anytime soon.

Oh, actually now I remember beating those muscle cars in a stock Mini Cooper. In GT2 I had every color and model of Mini, as well as Subaru 360, Mazda AZ-1 (really cool car!) and Fiat 500. Such cute little cars.

I don't think I drove half of them :lol: Especially not the TVRs that I still can't control--Speed 6 and Cerbera, Griffith, and the cheaper one (forgot the name) were OK but Speed 12 was impossible.

Kinda like GTP :sly: ?

Yeah, well from what Ive seen it looks really fun and cool--and those hidden cars are awsome.

If you ever get GT2 again I have guides on how to make hybrids in GT2.
And about the Subaru 360, yes it's alot faster in GT2 than GT4 because
the one in GT2 is a 68 and the one in GT4 is a 58. Plus the 68 rev's to
8000rpm's and the 58 only rev's to 5000rpm's.

Oh. I hope I can get GT2 again, awsome game with the slightly more arcadey physics of GT1, a car selection that owns most games today, and a lot of races, racing mods, and rims.

Only downside is the graphics.

If you ever get GT2 again I have guides on how to make hybrids in GT2.
And about the Subaru 360, yes it's alot faster in GT2 than GT4 because
the one in GT2 is a 68 and the one in GT4 is a 58. Plus the 68 rev's to
8000rpm's and the 58 only rev's to 5000rpm's.
Put a Civic or a Integra Type R engine in it and it will Rev to 12000 to 16000RPM's :-)

Whatever happened to GeTeNd-1? Wonder what he/she is up to, seems he or she is a purist like me. Some non-hybrid discussion would be sweet.

Oh, You mean the non knowledge department, It's to the right---> Just kidding PB--)

No I change one of the codes on the engine to make it rev higher.
Sure you did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't alter a engines RPM, Each engine has it's own RPM's, If you change it, It will make long red lines on your TV..............

You can't alter a engines RPM, Each engine has it's own RPM's, If you change it, It will make long red lines on your TV..............
We can, but can't be saved to memory card yet. If red line change you change the wrong area. you change the graphics, not the engine rpm. only available when driving though.

GT2 PAL:
800A97EC - top gear rev limiter
800A9A7A - normal gear changing rev limiter
800A9A78 - starting clutch
800A9F3A - normal gear mark
800A9F3C - top gear mark
800A9F3E - red color mark end
800A9F41 - red color mark start

We can, but can't be saved to memory card yet. If red line change you change the wrong area. you change the graphics, not the engine rpm. only available when driving though.

GT2 PAL:
800A97EC - top gear rev limiter
800A9A7A - normal gear changing rev limiter
800A9A78 - starting clutch
800A9F3A - normal gear mark
800A9F3C - top gear mark
800A9F3E - red color mark end
800A9F41 - red color mark start
The only way to save it is to change the engine, If you make the RPM's too hi you get a red line also!

Wow, I've always been surprised by everyone's responses to new threads. Thanks a ton for all the info peeps 👍

Whatever happened to GeTeNd-1? Wonder what he/she is up to, seems he or she is a purist like me. Some non-hybrid discussion would be sweet.

Sorry if I haven't been able to reply for a few days (got tons of work from school).

Anyway, PB you're kinda right about me being a purist. I have never created any hybrids or used any gameshark codes for that matter. Mainly because my PSX reacted strangely to it (dunno why but once I tried to use a gameshark code it erased all data from my memory card, including my GT2 data :ouch:, luckily I already have a back up on another memory card :)). If I'm able to use GS codes I would like to try creating hybrids tho. It seems really fun.

Anyhow about the rare cars, has anybody found a red colored Subaru 360 yet? The other day I was at day 801 and on the top of Subaru's used car lot there's a Subaru 360 with a "Brilliant Red" color instead of then usual "Beach White".

So far I've gotten the RX7 '83, 240Z, Skyline 280, 22B, 360, 2000GT and Celica '84.

Last edited:
I have the subaru 360 in Red, Burgundy, White, Black, Burnt Orange and all the Race Mod colors! I love that little car, It's such a screamer...

... You're crazy
:crazy:

Then again, I have every model, color and mod of Mini ever in GT2, simply cause I couldnt decide.

I wish I had GT2 working again... and my data didnt get erased :(

If I'm able to use gs codes I would like to try creating hybrids tho...It would be fu-un
Anyhow about the rare cars...Has anybody found a red coloured Subaru 360 yet? The other day I was at day 801 and on the top of Subaru's used car lot there's a Subaru 360 with a "Brilliant Red" colour instead of then usual "Beach White"
So far I've gotten the RX7 83,240Z,Skyline 280,22B,360,2000GT and Celica 84

I've found a red 360 before. Oh yeah i forgot about that Toyota 2000GT. Chripes you're on day 801? For some reason i thought you were new to the game.

Oh and i forgot about the ultimate used car: the one and only milk truck.

I have a red one, white one and a yellow one. But I have never seen any
other colors, so how did you get a burnt orange one?

It looks similar to the color of this 500R below.

PB, What about the Datsun/Skyline 510, and the Formula skyline below, were they rare?

Attachments

• Fiat%20500R-1.jpg
    Fiat%20500R-1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Tahiti%20Road-1.JPG
    Tahiti%20Road-1.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 193
It looks similar to the color of this 500R below.

PB, What about the Datsun/Skyline 510, and the Formula skyline below, were they rare?

I mentioned the '71 Skyline / Datsun 510...forgot about the Formula Skyline...but as you know that's the one we can win in the final 80's race.

ya, i have a red formula skyline (complete rice.jk) how do you get the files though. i know how to do it with ps2 but with ps1 im clueless

one more thing. im going hrough the used car lot and is the toyota mr spider rare. ive never seen it before. along with the accord wagon 2300vtl(j).

ya, i have a red formula skyline (complete rice.jk) how do you get the files though. i know how to do it with ps2 but with ps1 im clueless

one more thing. im going hrough the used car lot and is the toyota mr spider rare. ive never seen it before. along with the accord wagon 2300vtl(j).

The Toyota MR Spider isn't as common as some cars, but i wouldn't classify it as rare. As well as the ACcord 2300...i often see these...they tend to be the most expensive used cars Honda sells and therefore sit at the bottom of the list. They may not be there all the time, but again i wouldn't say the 2300 is rare. Last i checked there were three for sale all at once. The real question is..is the Accord 2300 VTL worth it? Sure it has 4-wheel drive, but the front-drive Accord can accept more power.

Anybody find the milk truck yet? ;)

The Toyota MR Spider isn't as common as some cars, but i wouldn't classify it as rare. As well as the ACcord 2300...i often see these...they tend to be the most expensive used cars Honda sells and therefore sit at the bottom of the list. They may not be there all the time, but again i wouldn't say the 2300 is rare. Last i checked there were three for sale all at once. The real question is..is the Accord 2300 VTL worth it? Sure it has 4-wheel drive, but the front-drive Accord can accept more power.

Anybody find the milk truck yet? ;)

ok im stupid. are you actually serious about the milk truck. lol. i just like how wagons look. especially the legacy. and i want to see how drifting is on gt2. lol

and another thing. im sorry because im going through my garage but how about the trd3000gt thats actually a supra. i think its won so its not rare. but i think someone said teh subaru 360 is rare. i have like two of them and see them alot. ive been seing alot of interesting cars lately

Latest Posts

Back