GT2 trivia!

• Thread starter jeffgoddin
  • 140 comments

jeffgoddin

still team Edward!
Premium
United States
Cleveland
Just had this idea for a thread, with a first question.

What's the only car in GT2 that PD modeled after a car with a diesel engine?

Hint: nothing in the game will tell you this, but it's a car whose power is well below what it should be IRL, and if you look at the power curve you notice it's torquey like a diesel, and if you research the car model, the power and torque are exactly right for the diesel version of this car.

It might be one of the higher end BMW's. I remember being shocked at the low stats of one of the models IIRC. Now where is my GT2 disc...?

Have a good one

Okay, I'll get it started again. I got a million of these.

When considering cost effectiveness of upgrading your tires, what gives you the best performance boost per Credit? Sports, Hards, Mediums, Softs, or Supersofts?

Last edited:
What's the definition of the performance boost per credit?
Seconds per 1000$?

And Hards.

Take a car, run it around a track on normal tires until you like the lap time you have. Now do it again with sport, hard, medium, soft, and supersoft tires. Compare the times against the time with normal tires.

How much faster were you? say 2 seconds per lap faster with sports, and 1:30 for the best lap on normals, that's 2/90 = 2.222% faster with sports than normals.

Sports cost 6000Cr, 6500, or 7000 depending. so 6000/2.222 = 2700 credits per % performance boost, etc. If supersofts cost 18000 and give a 6% reduction in lap time, that's 18,000/6 = 3000 credits per % performance boost. Yeah?

And to answer everybody, it was a trick question. All the slicks are about the same! And slightly cheaper that sports tires. So just go ahead and get the slicks if you're thinking about sports tires.

Okay, I only tested one example, but I was really surprised at how well PD was able to scale the price of slicks to their performance boost. For the test I did, the price per % reduction in lap time was:

Sports 4194
Hard Slicks 3523
Mediums 3501
Softs 3488
Supersofts 3465

this is with Sports 6500, etc. And in this case Supersofts are slightly cheaper than the other slicks and would be the technically correct answer. Unless the car you have is cheaply tuned and Sports Tires only cost 6000, then it works out that Hards are the cheapest by a little bit.

And since bobop4 said Hards, he was most right, at least part of the time, so go ahead, sir!

Alright, next question, what's the fewest stock gears a car comes with, and which cars are we talking about?

And for bonus points, what's the most gears and which car?

Hmm.. Well, the car with the fewest gears stock in all of GT2 is the Wiegert Vector W8 Twin Turbo with 3, while I believe that the car with the most gears in GT2 is either the Subaru Vivio RX-RA Or the Subaru Pleo RM with 7...?

Good job! I would've taken the 2 CVT cars instead of the W8, though it could be argued that CVT's are infinite gears, so they could be either the most or least gears in GT2. And I'm thinking something has 8 gears, but the Pleo with 7 was the most I found, too.

You want a turn?

Close, but not quite... While the Fiat 500R has the worst power-to-weight ratio of any RR car in GT2, it's not the car with the end-all, be-all worst P-T-W-R in the game. :)

The Subaru 360? (don't know how it's exactly called in-game, sorry for that)
Just a quick guess, I think I'm even further away from the right solution. :D

NOPE.jpg

Last hint... It's a car that also appears in GT4 & GT5.

Kingofweasles
Last hint... It's a car that also appears in GT4 & GT5.

I'm gonna do a wild shot and say Taurus?

Edit: bummer, forgot about the East City hint.. Toyota Vitz/Yaris?

Last edited:
Alright, you must be talking about the worst ptwr for a fully tuned car, in which case, along with the hints, Prius!

Correct-a-mundo Jeff! A "Fully Tuned" Prius has a Power-to-Weight Ration of exactly 0.023 HP per Lbs of weight (As my particular guide states).

Next Question! :)

Last edited:
alright, what two cars from different manufacturer have the same name? (TRD3000GT is not one of them)

Back