GT3 Visual Hybrids

• Thread starter JosX
  • 10 comments
GTP_JosX
I was wandering how you change the look of the car on GT3, such as big wheels & decals (like the Diablo JGTC in the Genome project.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure how to make supershine work.

Thanks :) Can someone post a file of an older version of MK's program? I want to edit settings but the newest version doesn't allow it.

MK1
Thanks :) Can someone post a file of an older version of MK's program? I want to edit settings but the newest version doesn't allow it.

Just Export the car to an .ini file and use the guide to the lines in the Help documents. Resave the .ini and Import the car back again.

If you're using my site, of course it worked... :D

Really, if you want to know how to do it, my site will tell you. The one thing I don't really go into is the "Grip" setting, because other than making a bouncy Honda Civic, it's almost totally without use.

Ok, your site has told me everything but one thing, I've changed the BaseName= in the .ini so it changes the car name from IMPREZA 22B-STi Version (J) to IMPREZA 22B-STi (Supershine Edition), but nothing happens?

It wouldn't do - that's not a valid BASENAME for a car.

Number 1 rule of GT3 hybriding - if it's not in the game, you can't do it.

Car names stay the same. Car colours stay the same - including race models.

It wouldn't do - that's not a valid BASENAME for a car.

Number 1 rule of GT3 hybriding - if it's not in the game, you can't do it.

Car names stay the same. Car colours stay the same - including race models.
So are those sample cars made from scratch? That's where I got the idea.

EDIT: I just realised the Cooper in the Genome project is called a Min! but nothing seems to be changes on gt3gedit. Is there a way of changing what it appears as without changing the actual file?

MK1
So are those sample cars made from scratch? That's where I got the idea.

By "sample cars" I assume you mean "Sample001", "Sample002" and so on?

In which case, they are ten car bodies - mainly used as suspension test vehicles - which remain on the disc from the game's development phase.

No car is built from scratch. You can only use existing parts.

MK1
EDIT: I just realised the Cooper in the Genome project is called a Min! but nothing seems to be changes on gt3gedit. Is there a way of changing what it appears as without changing the actual file?

I'm not totally sure what you're getting at here. The Mini in the GT3 Genome Project is a Mini Cooper 1.3i.

If you're using my site, of course it worked... :D

Really, if you want to know how to do it, my site will tell you. The one thing I don't really go into is the "Grip" setting, because other than making a bouncy Honda Civic, it's almost totally without use.
I think we can use it to stiffen the damper more, to reduce bouncing too.

In case you don't know this yet, the first value in each duplicate damper entry is for high speed, and the second for low speed. So the first value of front bound is for high speed front bound damper, the second value of front bound is for low speed front bound damper.

For handling, it's better to have low value for low speed setting, and a bit higher for high speed setting. Except if you want to make a car that handle like BTCC Alfa, which should have zero for high speed setting, and a bit high value for low speed setting, along with 127/127 grip setting.

Back