GT4 1080i / 480p Problems!

• Thread starter oiboy
  • 32 comments
cobragt
I dont think ign said that man.

"and although the 1080i output isn't as stunning as the 720p output we've seen in other non-PS2 titles, you'll still want to make sure you have the proper television equipment to get the ultimate GT experience."

that's what they say...

FRST
"and although the 1080i output isn't as stunning as the 720p output we've seen in other non-PS2 titles, you'll still want to make sure you have the proper television equipment to get the ultimate GT experience."

that's what they say...

Thats becuase 720P games on the XBox are actually rendered in 720P...whereas this is useing an interlacing trick, and being scaled to 1080i for compatibility.

I hate it when people take the word of IGN, like this, when IGN hasnt got a clue what they are talking about.

Actually, its been proven that vinyl does reproduce a more natural, anf fuller sound pattern then digital media.

But even the best vinyl does not have the dynamic range CD offers and low noise floor. It also is easily subject to clicks and pops and requires about 10x the effort to get it to sound close to as good as CD. It's also not very convienent.

The sound of vinyl over CD is a personal preference. Period. Show me where it's been proven that vinyl is better. Fuller and natural are your preference, not a proven fact by any stretch of the imagination. Some say tube amp are the be-all end-all of amplification because the prefer the distortion created by them, claiming they sound truer to the music, more natural, fuller, warmer, your adjective of choice. The fact is solid state amplification is better in nearly every way.

The great thing about high-end audio is it all comes down to personal preference. I took my system in that analog sounding direction and found it be pleasing but lacking in any and all emotion. Fun experiment though.

Bill

Back