GT4 Artistic Photoshop Competition Trial Run

• Thread starter Swissbear
  • 101 comments
Dallas_Bear
Sorry I don't have any banners yet so there's not going to be anything fancy until we see how this short-term competition is received by the "community".

As some of you know, I threw this idea out there a couple of weeks ago and there seemed to be enough interest to maybe have a go at a trial run before we go head-first into this.

So here we go.....

THEME:

The theme of your ART is entirely up to you

RULES:

• You may only use background scenery, cars, trucks, SUVs or race cars that are in GT4.
  • You may use as much or as little Photoshop (or other editing software) as you like. The idea is to CREATE a picture/photo that would/could be considered artistic.
  • REMEMBER that everyone has a different idea of what is artistic and what isn't. So absolutely NO FLAMING someone for what they consider art.
  • A preview MUST be included with your entry. Max size 400x300
  • That's it.

I'm not exactly sure how the poll will be put together yet. Maybe we'll have someone that hasn't entered pick the poll. But that idea kinda sucks because then people would complain that their entry was more artistic than someone else's. I also thought of having the first 15 or 20 to enter be the poll but then we'd only have entries by the ones that are the quickest with whatever software as entries. There's also using the "rating" system the ImageShack has and maybe pick the top 10 from those rating into the poll. Or we can use the same way of entering as is used over at the Rally Competition and send them in anonymoously. If anyone has an ideas about how to do this impartially please post those ideas.

During the next week or so, please post your best efforts and we'll see where this goes. Be sure and critique the entries as I'm sure that everyone would like to hear what is good and/or bad about their work.

And as always any and all suggestions/opinions will be taken into consideration.

And now boys and girls.......Let's be artistic!! :cheers:

Im really liking this new competition idea. I hope it sticks. All the shots look really good. If i was better at illustrator or had it at home, I would start on this in a gif. Maybe ill jump in.

Good work so far guys.

I love this kind of stuff, but I'm still not sure how well it will do as a competition.
But anyway, here's my Final Entry

neonevoiipre0pi.jpg

final entry

something simple ... i had a nice water colourish with sutle ink highlights ... then i resized and it lost some of the ink highlights. :|

Swissbear
Straight from the rules:

A preview MUST be included with your entry. Max size 400x300

Oops. :D
oops, pardon my mistake i thought the thumb counted as the preview. thanks for the heads up ill fix it first thing tomorrow. sorry :indiff:

Heh, I got carried away. The bonus; being that small, the preview basically forces the viewer to check out the full-size ;).

FINAL ENTRY:

pre011sp.jpg

It's Amalfi, but not as we know it.

Good work swissbear! 👍

The imageshack rating option is now accessible without having to click for full view, I think we should all try to get into the habit of using it as it might come in use should a top selection need be culled for the poll.

It would be nice if as many entries made it into the poll as possible and, due to the wide range in styles that will be entered, perhaps a multiple choice poll could be in order?

Excellent idea Swissbear! GTP needs a competition like this. Nice one! 👍

Master_Yoda
Worth a shot :scared:

Final Entry

Angels, and Treefingers, i love both of yours, theres awsome 👍
thanks man :)

freddy86
I'm really diggin TFs entry! 👍

final entry

Any comments on this one?
i have a comment for all the shots other than mine. i think im gunna lose :ouch:

Good stuff guys
this comp really digging up all potential photoshoppers in photomode section 👍

Hoping this comp can take off the ground big time, also Franz you come out of hiding lol.

Back