GT4 Bugs

I'm somewhat surprised that nobody has reported an A-spec mileage bug yet (or my searching failed to find it, which would not be a surprise).

Basically, if you enter a championship series and after each race you select "next race", at the end of the series your total A-spec mileage on the status screen will have advanced by the length of only the last race.

For example, the DTM is about 65 miles in total length over the five races. I started the series with an A-spec mileage of 72,649 miles and the car I was driving had 259.2 in the garage. After finishing the series the car's mileage was 324.4 whereas my status screen mileage was only 72,664, differences of 65.2 and 15 miles; note that the last race of five laps on Fuji 2005GT is about 15 miles. Actually it's 2.81 x 5 = 14.05 but the distance your car travels while watching the result screens at the end of a race does count towards mileage.

Contrariwise, if you quit back to the main screen after each race (as you would to save the game between races or change oil) your total A-spec mileage will include all the races, as it should.

During the Le Mans 24 hour race, right as you get into the Mulsanne straight, the lights of the cars dims off, then just before the first chicane, it lights up again.

This can be seen on B spec or during replays..

I'm somewhat surprised that nobody has reported an A-spec mileage bug yet (or my searching failed to find it, which would not be a surprise).

Basically, if you enter a championship series and after each race you select "next race", at the end of the series your total A-spec mileage on the status screen will have advanced by the length of only the last race.

For example, the DTM is about 65 miles in total length over the five races. I started the series with an A-spec mileage of 72,649 miles and the car I was driving had 259.2 in the garage. After finishing the series the car's mileage was 324.4 whereas my status screen mileage was only 72,664, differences of 65.2 and 15 miles; note that the last race of five laps on Fuji 2005GT is about 15 miles. Actually it's 2.81 x 5 = 14.05 but the distance your car travels while watching the result screens at the end of a race does count towards mileage.

Contrariwise, if you quit back to the main screen after each race (as you would to save the game between races or change oil) your total A-spec mileage will include all the races, as it should.

Small query - do you have auto save off?

C.

Small query - do you have auto save off?

C.

Heh, I thought pretty much everybody switches autosave off.

In any case, yes, I do have it off. I might have to try switching it back on and retrying the experiment.

I just finished reading all the pages just today.

I now learned a lot about the glitches of GT4 which I hope to not play ever again.
I got sick of playing it, completing for the second time, getting 100,000 Aspec points.

I now look forward to play PS3.

Sorry for bumping up the thread... I did a bit of searching but failed to find this kind of bug:

I was having a 20 laps race on the Seattle Circuit with a Mercedes SL500, don't ask why but then when driving on some dark places, I found something weird..

27112010239.jpg

The left light is... ??

EDIT: Mine is NTSC...

The SL is a German car, so obviously one of the taillights will go out. ;):P

On the Renault Clio V6 '03, when changing the wheels almost half result in the brake caliper miraculously sticking through the spokes!

I don't know where to post this actually but I think it's not a bug. Don't you guys think it's weird that I just bought a new Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 and realising they gave me a set of Racing Super-Hard. Why didn't they give me a Dirt tyres instead? It's a rally car not a track racing car. :confused:

found another bug yesterday :D
after winning the mitsubishi mirage cup they gave me the sh**ty "i concept". Took it to OperaParis in Gran Turismo mode. After a short run into this useless car i stepped in my trusted elise motorsport to find out that the transmission was in AT! I use MT but the "i concept" maybe switched it to AT. ^^'

This is more an omission than a bug per se. The game forgets to switch back to MT after driving in an auto-only vehicle.

This isn't really a bug, but the SilEighty is listed as having no manufacturer when in fact it was "officially" produced by a Japanese manufacturer called Kids Heart.

Don't know if this is a bug,but when I drive a car,then let go of the throttle and press e-brake for a second,the rev meter just goes to 0:dunce:

Don't know if this is a bug,but when I drive a car,then let go of the throttle and press e-brake for a second,the rev meter just goes to 0:dunce:

No, that's not a glitch. When the emergency brake is engaged you are automatically put in neutral, thus bringing your revolutions down to nil.

I've seen this one video of a car in GT4. The dude started the race and the Al car, which was his car, got stuck in a corner. All it would do was back up, go forward, hit the wall, back up, and so on. It never got free. I've never had it happen to me before. Actually, I've never found a bug in GT4. I still have that game.

There are on the real world circuit tours menu where you select what track you want to race, on the right side of the screen where your car rotates, above it, there are the race tracks names in yellow and Twin Ring Motegi is spelled Twinring Motegi and Infineon Raceway is spelled Infineon Raseway

Latest Posts

Back