GT4 Bugs

here is another weird sound issue I noticed while doing a time trial and track day

I just won the Ford GT '02 in GT4, and it kinda sounds V8'ish in that American way with the semi-racing exhaust upgrade and pretty throaty with the race upgrade. Even the way it shifts sounds fairly authentic. It's just the samples are so short and raw sounding

With N2 Tyres anyway. There seems to be a bug that sorta makes the sound go all garbled. When I have N2 tyres it sounds better, with Sports medium tyres, the sound is garbled, like the sample loop point is not working right....
weird bug...

Have not tried R tyres to see what happens.
Might explain why sometimes, with some cars, the sound is really weird! :ill:

Ha! I finally got a good one!

Not truely a bug, more like an oversight. :dunce:

Start License A11 (Lancia Delta HF at Grand Canyon) in 3rd-person. There will be a photographer who runs thru the back of the car just at the start of the test! :lol:

Ha! I finally got a good one!

Not truely a bug, more like an oversight. :dunce:

Start License A11 (Lancia Delta HF at Grand Canyon) in 3rd-person. There will be a photographer who runs thru the back of the car just at the start of the test! :lol:

I've also noticed this, thanks for reminding me of it. 👍

This is actually very common at Grand Canyon, it happens also at the full track (everywhere and) a moment before finishline after the 180' ish corner.
You can hit/drive thru the viewers that lurk on the road and try to make a run after been spotted.

MadMax

Just figured out how to drive the black Fgt in arcade mode.

1. Put the Fgt and the Plymouth superbird in the favorites section.

2. Go to favorites and place the cursor on the superbird.

3. Extremely quickly place the cursor on the Fgt and choose it. You should see the Superbirds color choices in the Fgt. Now just go all the way left until you see the black Fgt.
I did it and I got the black FGT - but when my lap started up, I was in the blue and white one.

IMG0658.jpg
I laughed my arse off there! :lol:

I did it and I got the black FGT - but when my lap started up, I was in the blue and white one.

That's odd... i got the black version no matter how many times i did it. Heck, i even took it to Tahiti:lol: and it was still there. i guess only some versions of the game can do it, unless something wrong happened.

Heh, I remember that from the first post in Mog's gallery. Tried it a few times before too. Nanzenji has a similar glitch where the car falls into the ground, kinda hard to achieve though.

That's odd... i got the black version no matter how many times i did it. Heck, i even took it to Tahiti:lol: and it was still there. i guess only some versions of the game can do it, unless something wrong happened.
No, I worked out what I did wrong: you get all the colours of the Superbird, which is more colours than the FGT has. You have to take the first black one, because the game won't actually recognise any of the other Superbird colours as being colours and so will assume you'e just taking the first blue and white one.

^ Ok, i see now.

It's actually possible now to get any arcade car into any track. Just earlier i took a 1963 Chevy Corvette race-car onto Chamonix. It's a Really fun drive, this car can drift like a beast!:)

Is the FGT color glitch possible on the Black Beauties or other special colored cars like the 2CV or Subaru 360?

Is the FGT color glitch possible on the Black Beauties or other special colored cars like the 2CV or Subaru 360?

"Black Beauties" yes
R92CP , R390 GT1 , 787B , GT-ONE
Subaru 360 yes WR blue
Triumph Spitfire yes Maroon Metallic

I believe this "trick" to get access to hidden colours works with every single car that has a one.

Other cars with alot color choises and do the same trick as the Super Bird:
Dodge Charger 440 R/T , Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi and Plumouth Cuda 440 Six Pack .

The "trick" can be done with any car , but to get access to hidden colours one must have enought color choises. That's why the Super Bird ect. work nicely for any car.

To make it easyer to access the hidden colours ,
combo the special coloured cars with "trick" cars as 121121121121
1 is for car with hidden color , 2 is for for car with alot color choises.

MadMax

It's the same with the special color speed 12, except you use whatever tvr is next to it in the regular car selection,it doesn't need the superbird.

I don't believe this works with the solid Ford Gt's. This could prove that it might be a different entity than the regular Gt.

^ Ok, i see now.

It's actually possible now to get any arcade car into any track. Just earlier i took a 1963 Chevy Corvette race-car onto Chamonix. It's a Really fun drive, this car can drift like a beast!:)

How did you do it?

At the Autumn Ring (Reverse Version, I believe), just at the final corner of the rolling start before the start finish line, the cars will always take a trip to the gravel first.

Yeah, i've noticed that too. I think that's one of the reasons why the Cizeta will almost never take 1st place at that Italian race thingy.

Not really a bug at all, just something I noticed....in case anybody cares.

PD has listed several early Skylines as Nissans (like the '63 Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe, '62 Skyline Sport Coupe, and a couple others). Really, these weren't Nissans at all, they were made by Prince Motors, and should therefore be Prince Skylines.

http://www.skylinesdownunder.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=40

Prince's merger with Nissan didn't take place until 1966. Oops.

Last edited:
I have found two maybe more, and that is that the Tommy Kaira zz-s, and the Tuscan speed six are not true convertibles, yet you can enter them in the Spider and Roadster race.💡

Yah, but you can't see the lines where it would detach.
Maybe, time and efforts stopped them on other convertibles, such as the Dodge Viper SRT-10, or the Ruf R-GT.

Last edited:
Yah, but you can't see the lines where it would detach.

That doesn't matter. It's officially classified as a roadster in real-life, whether or not its top detaches. PD got that part right, then. Not sure about the Tuscan, though.

Maybe, time and efforts stopped them on other convertibles, such as the Dodge Viper SRT-10, or the Ruf R-GT.

Efforts? :confused: Properly used, the word is effort in this case. *sigh*

I don't know if this one has been mentioned before but i was messing around in the game today and selected the ford gt concept out of my garage and went in for an oil change. You know how in mid engined cars the mechanic rolls in through the back? In that car it doesn't. The guy gets under the cars through the front of it.

The front bumper decal on the 2002 turbo has been mirrored.

Anybody noticed?

BMW did that on purpose so that in races the driver in front could look in their mirrors and see the word "turbo" on the 2002 behind them.

Latest Posts

Back