GT4 Bugs

This is kind of a bug probably a cd problem... I went to the Jukebox listen to some music and when I tried to listen to that song you hear when you fail the license tests (Oh Yeah) it doesn't play. The little play symbol is there, but no music. Infact, I can't listen to ANY of the songs after. I leave the Jukebox and the speedometer is red, staying there forever. The music does play fine when I fail a license test, tho. Only way to hear it. Oh well, guess this is what happens when you have a 5 year old cd. I Fail xD

In GT Mode, Track Meet, with many cars on many courses, sometimes when you watch your replay, after a lap or 2 your car starts acting erratically and drives into a wall and just floors it.

I've seen the exact same glitch in TOCA 3.

GT4 runs in 16:9 aspect, however if you are playing on a CRT which does not have aspect ratios, you WILL get a stretched (tall looking) image. I think its kind of a bug that they didnt bother to make it 4:3 compatible.

When I came close, but lost, in Mission 11 I got a peculiar results screen.

I did +0.005.

But when the first results screen came up, it showed something like +-3 lap for my relative time.

The second set of results showed a reasonable time, however.

In GT Mode, Track Meet, with many cars on many courses, sometimes when you watch your replay, after a lap or 2 your car starts acting erratically and drives into a wall and just floors it.

I've seen the exact same glitch in TOCA 3.

GT4 runs in 16:9 aspect, however if you are playing on a CRT which does not have aspect ratios, you WILL get a stretched (tall looking) image. I think its kind of a bug that they didnt bother to make it 4:3 compatible.

The Track Meet replay bug seems also happen when Disable AI code is on. I played GT4 with ARMAX codes :ouch:. I played various races with AI disabled (often to crash AI). When replaying, my car became erratically stuck to wall.

As for 16:9 bug, that's normal. I have TT, tried 16:9 aspect, and got tall-looking image.

No, the aspect in game is only for Component use, but im talking about using AV RCA's on a 4:3 TV, the image is slightly tall then you have to switch the TV's aspect(if possible) to 16:9 in order to get true ratio at the cost of about 1\4 the screen size, and on some older TV's that dont support aspect ratios you are left with a stretched (tall) image.

Just a quick note about the glitch that allows you to race the 'special colour' cars in arcade mode, mentioned on the previous page.
The same glitch can allow you to race or time trial any car on any surface in arcade mode!
I just spent the last hour playing around and ,among others, managed to;
~ Race against a Dodge Viper GTS in the Jay Leno Tank Car on Super Speedway,
~ Rally a black Mazda 787B and a TVR Speed 12 round the El Capitan Rally track,
~ Rally a Ford Model T around Tahiti Maze,
~ Race a Ford Model T against a Fiat 500 around Autumn Ring,
~ Rally the Formula GT car around the Grand Canyon Track,
~ Complete a WHOLE lap of the Ice Arena in the 1886 Daimler-Benz 3-Wheeler!

I suggest you all give it a go, its pretty good for a quick giggle!

Mephi x

Just a quick note about the glitch that allows you to race the 'special colour' cars in arcade mode, mentioned on the previous page.
The same glitch can allow you to race or time trial any car on any surface in arcade mode!
I just spent the last hour playing around and ,among others, managed to;
~ Race against a Dodge Viper GTS in the Jay Leno Tank Car on Super Speedway,
~ Rally a black Mazda 787B and a TVR Speed 12 round the El Capitan Rally track,
~ Rally a Ford Model T around Tahiti Maze,
~ Race a Ford Model T against a Fiat 500 around Autumn Ring,
~ Rally the Formula GT car around the Grand Canyon Track,
~ Complete a WHOLE lap of the Ice Arena in the 1886 Daimler-Benz 3-Wheeler!

I suggest you all give it a go, its pretty good for a quick giggle!

Mephi x

I tried to try a 2-player battle with MTRC vs Nike One! :sly:👍

About the GT3 Seattle outside track driving...

The Seattle outside bounds trick, is best done with Mazda 787B fully tuned. It can also be done with Gt-One, but Mazda steers better when on top speed, to make that 45 degrees angle to the walls. You must at least drive 290-300 kmh!!!

Another point: this can also be done on the other side of the straight (with finish)on seattle circuit. At the left downside of the picture! But it is harder there.

Final point: to go outside circuit with the max speed trick GT-One, going outside circuit is extremely hard! Sometimes this will take 50 or more tries to go outside, because the GT-One cannot steer at all, when going above 250 kmh.

Gouki

Hey I think I saw a Youtube video of on GT3, the Toyota GT-One performing an out of track glitch on Seattle and hitting speeds of 2 billion miles per hour. I think this is it
please note it's a playlist and when one video's done it'll go to the next. But see the first.

I think that this peculiar event has been reported sporadically before, but it never seems to make sense. It involves AI slowing to a crawl in the middle of straights for no clear reason; in this case, it began immediately after the car left the pits and then resolved itself after two laps, but I don't know if any of this is shared by other instances. Can anyone explain it?

I think that this peculiar event has been reported sporadically before, but it never seems to make sense. It involves AI slowing to a crawl in the middle of straights for no clear reason; in this case, it began immediately after the car left the pits and then resolved itself after two laps, but I don't know if any of this is shared by other instances. Can anyone explain it?

I've seen Ai cars do something similar after going off-track or crashing. It's almost as if they need to "SEE" where their usual racing-line is before they resume back to full-speed.

Looks like he's trying to get some heat into those tyres. Did nobody tell him the warmup lap is over? :dunce:

I think I know of a possible reason for this, I've seen a similar video on Google Video with an R92CP around La Sarthe.

Somewhere around the video it said that it might be caused by a car being crashed into the back of another car and then it follows the actions of the car it was hit by, while at the same time following its own racing line.

Some bugs from me:
Just today I downloaded a save game that included all cars in Arcade mode and while I was at it tried the glitch Giygas mentioned earlier. When I went into Gran Turismo Mode, every car that was in the ride history (most of which had been tuned) said, when I tried to see it in the garage it said the game data was corrupted. The only car I could get into that was in the ride history was the Cerbera Speed 12 that I was in when I started up GT Mode. However the save itself wasn't corrupted, just the car. Any explanation for this?

Also, though this might have been brought up, though a search hasn't given me any results, the Peugeot 905 and Jaguar XJR-9 swap themselves entirely in the Like the Wind race. When I first discovered this (back about 2 or 3 years ago), I actually thought the cars had semi racing exhausts by default. :dunce: Of course that's obviously not true so I believe this to be an AI programming glitch.

Also, in arcade mode, it starts to let you use the Toyota 7 in Rally tracks, but the moment you choose the tires and it starts to load, the game crashes.

Just think of how overpowered it'd be if you could. :dunce:

I tried this , works just like told above.

Now here is a new bug/glitch I found accidently at the start of a TGT4 Stage 2 stint/session.

In Arcade mode when you do a Single Race you follow this path:

0. Arcade mode
1. Mode Selection
2. Single Race
3. Track Classification
4. Choose Track
5. Select Car Manufacturer
6. Choose Car
7. Choose Car color
8. Coose Transmission AT/MT, Driving aids , Tyres , AI Cars level from -10 to +10 Slider (varies with some cars like FGT: -1 to +1)) and Roof Closed/Open option (convertibles only)
9. Press the "OK" button
10. Race Options screen A-spec/B-spec , Quick Tune-up ,Options and Exit
11. Start Race

sorry for the long step by step write up.

Now here's the bug/glitch part.

0. You can even Exit to Start screen , where you have options: GT Mode , Arcade Mode and Replay Theatre and so on.
1. Arcade mode
2. You select Time Trial
You do the same as for Single Race all the way up to step #8 You only visit this screen , so it's meaningless to change any settings now.
Now what you need to do is , return to Arcade mode Mode Selection screen and select Single Race

And go all the way to the step #8 again and the AI Cars level from -10 to +10 slider has vanished/disappeared. :D
So the AI you get to race against is most likely normal level/difficult level at 0 same difficulty level as in you last Arcade mode race (only if you did a race/races before making the slider vanish) , othervice it's at 0 / at it's starting position.

I'll name this one "Vanishing Slider" .

This works the same with 2 player mode , but not in free run/GT Mode

There are few more bugs I have countered , but I'll return to those another time.

MadMax

Last edited:
^I used to get that once. Apparently, if the silder is missing, it will use last setting (or will it revert to 0?).

Good that you brought it up. I just tested this and agree that the slider stays at the same difficulty setting as in previous race.
EDITED in my previous post.

MadMax

Guys try this one. Bring an slr mclaren round the ring, with free run. Before you take the first left hander to start your lap, turn around and head into the exit of the pits. Now, try to get the car sideways (not drifting) by making sure that both bumpers are both touching the walls. Also make sure that the front bumper touches the small red and white wall. Now, rev as hard as you can and reverse and repeat like a madman. Just make sure that the bumpers are still in contact. Do this for long enough and the car will strangely respawn on the track. This works with other long supercars. I call it the 'Wall teleport' glitch.

Guys try this one. Bring an slr mclaren round the ring, with free run. Before you take the first left hander to start your lap, turn around and head into the exit of the pits. Now, try to get the car sideways (not drifting) by making sure that both bumpers are both touching the walls. Also make sure that the front bumper touches the small red and white wall. Now, rev as hard as you can and reverse and repeat like a madman. Just make sure that the bumpers are still in contact. Do this for long enough and the car will strangely respawn on the track. This works with other long supercars. I call it the 'Wall teleport' glitch.

You can do that with any car, not just the SLR. Someone on this site mentioned that they did it with a Charger.

I win a race by 0.001 Seconds, the game records it as a 4 second win on the total time.

If the game has photo finishes, does it just glitch and make up total times?

Was playing around with GT4 quite a bit yesterday, had one notable glitch.

Raced Suzuki Escudo on High Speed Ring on 2 difficulty and when I see the replay, the AMG Mercedes and the Zonda LM I was racing against just seemed to fling into the wall together. No replay angles seemed to show evidence of a collision with the cars, at least from my point of view, although I suspect the Fairlady Z LM might have gotten the slightest of touches in there? Didn't see it myself, mind you.

Then another possible crash-related glitch seemed to happen when I was racing the Like the Wind with a tranny-modded FGT. Lap 3, the R92CP, R89C and 88C-V I'm racing against pit leaving me with the AMG Mercedes put front. Midway through the first bend, the Merc touches me, slams into the barrier, gets slightly airborne, then seems to sling itself into the barrier sending it wildly spinning out. Mind you, I still lost the race, thanks to a lack of any slipstream and the Merc's ability to hit 228 through the corners. :(

I'm not sure where to post this but I think this is more to like a bug...

I was driving on Fuji Speedway 90's, around 270KMH, gone straight and assuming I should see the barrier in 3 seconds instead this happened :confused:

Ford%20GT40%20Stallin%27.JPG

Ford%20GT40%20Stallin%27%202.JPG

Ford%20GT40%20Stallin%27%202.JPG

Look it's eating the sandtrap! Weird and scary! :crazy:

/\ That GT40 must be enjoying its meal. :lol:

I've done this with numerous cars, but none more sucessful than the Mustang GT '05.
On the Infineon Sports car course, I went off the little knoll near the pit entrance (past the bridge.
The thing nosedives into the pavement, and it went beyond the boundaries of the track (much like the GT40 above.)
That's when the rear hit, and the rear did the same thing.
As soon as I can get the photos to upload right onto Photoucket, I will post them to this.

I did it too with multiple cars. Also, Subaru 360 is no longer bad. Its still pretty useless though. It does this lol.

picture.php

Didn't find anything so have you ever notice that in GT mode, japanese events, in the penultimate championship you can drive non-japanese cars?
Ever noticed that?

Didn't find anything so have you ever notice that in GT mode, japanese events, in the penultimate championship you can drive non-japanese cars?
Ever noticed that?

That's not a bug, actually...The "All-Japan GT Championship" (Which is the series it sounds like you're talking about) NEVER had a restriction on "Foreign" cars competing in it.

Back